Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - Official Thread

1278279280281282284»

Comments

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, according to kranen, it's a mess and it barely has new footage.
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has leaked. I still hate it. There's almost nothing new and the music doesn't fit the clips AT ALL.

• dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Wow. Not much visible at all but i liked it. Sorry to disagree but I see a lot of new shots there. I think it will look great in HD. I definitely cant wait to see it on monday
    That being said, I dont think its the best final trailer, but we all know which franchise is the one responsible for our high standards ;)
    Post edited by dobby_freak19 on
    Hope you like it!
    They already spoiled a lot with the other trailer.
    edited October 2015
    I doubt general audiences will know what those parachutes mean, though. The rest are only explosions. As for the execution scene, they've done a terrific Job establishing katniss goal: to kill show. And they havent showed coin at all except for one shot.
    So unless you're a book reader waiting to see all those scenes for the first time in the theater , I fine it hard for these trailers to spoil anything. The comment sections on YouTube themselves are most likely to do so.
    Hope you like it!
    And there's also the "For Prim" video. I gotta say that Lionagate dropped the ball with the marketing, nothing like they did with the first film. I thought it was bad that WB put the final battle between Harry and Voldemort in the first Deathly Hallows trailer.

Put putting most of the clímax of the book, and including the actual epilogue is worst.
    Yes I agree. Again, for people that have read the books
    Hope you like it!
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,404 mod
    yeah when I saw that "For Prim" video my first reaction was like really LionGates? Do you really just spoil whats coming our way?!!? ptfff i was so pissed
    So no trailer?
    Hi. Does anyone here remember when the score tracklist and samples usually drop in? I can't remember and I've been wanting for that!
    Hope you like it!
    A couple of weeks before the movie gets released. Usually, the THG scores got released after the movies were out.
    I hope to see news soon!! Maybe starting november?
    Hope you like it!
    Yes. I'm surprised the VA disc wasn't announced yet. I hope it means that there will be a score only release,and not these crappy songs that are unrelated to the movie.
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, actually I´ve been visiting this HG forum lately and they think we won´t get a pop soundtrack this time and only the credits song. One guy was mentioning that the credits song must be from a well known artist and they want to keep it a surprise, but who knows. I could care less, all I want is JNH´s score!! <3
    Hope you like it!
    I dont know about you, but this looks pretty darn epic

Hope you like it!
    yes! we're almost there! :D
  • NickNick Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was powerful. Also, I was right. Lionsgate spoiled the movie with the trailers.
    Omg! Just 4 hours for me. Sooo excited
    Hope you like it!
    The movie was great! Played like the book! And you're right about the trailers
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,703 mod
    The movie was good but Im so dissapointed because it couldve been SO much better if it wasnt split in two. The final hour was pretty awesome but I think the beginning was super slow and the movie just starts with no beginning. The execution scene, the bombing scene and the epilogue were my favorite parts.
    edited November 2015
    It was amazing. I kind of agree about it suffering the split Richard, but for entirely opposite reasons. I thought the beggining was rushed. They kind of wanted to get on with it to compensate the lack of action in part 1. D2 happened very quickly! (I felt this way, Anyway) the second half is the strongest one and to me everything from the sewer scene and on was great.
    The ending felt the same as the book. Really emotional and depressing.

Oh and the execution scene....SPLENDID
    I'm still shaking thinking about how magnificent that was. Donald Sutherland was killer.
    The parachutte scene, very well toned. Prim's death? Not so much (too fast)
    Josh was a stand out for me. He was incredibly convincing!
    Oh and boy Jennifer Lawrence owned as usual.
    Unfortunately, here's doing a third on the trailer opinion...specially with the action scenes, they showed pretty much everything :/

Overall I loved it so much. Can't wait to see it again!!
    Hope you like it!
    I agree prim's dead was rushed. I wanted to be more emotional than that
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,703 mod
    The buttercup scene was heartbreaking.
    hell yeah :( awesome performance by Jen
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it but I really don't think it had enough emotional impact...especially Prim's death. Really only the Buttercup scene delivered in that area. The execution scene was awesome though lol.
    Prim's death in the books happened just like that, at least in the movie, Katniss and Prim managed to see each other before the parachutes blew it up. Lionsgate pulled a WB and spoiled most of the action in the trailers just like WB did with Deathly Hallows. The real emotional impact of the movie came after the war ended, it felt so real and heartbreaking. But the foreshadowing in the first 15 minutes is heartbreaking. It's a movie you need to see more at once, because the first time, you go checking what was kept or dropped from the book.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it happened just like that, but the aftermath did not have the same emotional impact. I feel like they tried to go for a more subtle approach with the emotion in the immediate scenes afterwards (her in the hospital with her mom, and her scene with Snow), but it didn't work very well imo. Granted, they didn't have Katniss's inner monologue, but they could have still made it super emotional.

It reminds me a little of the Procession scene in DH2. Instead of the emotional anguish and anger from everyone like Ron and Hermione and McGonagall, they all just stood around and looked sad.

they did kind of pull a DH2 with the action lol. When they got to the parachutes, I was like damn already?? I don't think it really hurt the film though.