Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DVD/Blu-ray cover of Deathly Hallows (Part 1+ Part 2) - Director's Cut Fan Made Edition

Comments

• HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I really believe you could put the scene with Dudley and Harry if you really tried.
    Like if you really put it together in your head and edit the music and footage and possible VFX (like duplicating the houses of private drive or something) and blended the color right with the rest of the film, you could probably do it. I know you can. If you were able to add VFX in the scene in Part 2 with Neville and Seamus and the bridge, I'm almost certain you'd be able to put together the scene with Dudley and Harry if you really put your mind to it. I have great confidence in your editing skills
    and so far everything looks great. I think that without the scene with Dudley and Harry, this extended version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be awesome and great, but with the scene with Dudley and Harry, it would be exceptionally outstanding. Everyone would appreciate you more if you did it. I know I would! I love how things look so far, it's looking great and I am really looking forward to seeing it when it's finished (hopefully with the scene with Dudley and Harry). By the way, a tip: I don't think you should edit out Alexandre Desplat's music unless absolutely necessary. His music made Part 1 and Part 2 as amazing as it was. But, anyway, I really do hope you reconsider putting the scene with Dudley and Harry in the film. I think it would complete the saga on a great note, and put Mark Day and David Yates in their place. Thank you!

I understand what u think but i cant put this sequence because:
    1. it'svery awful in terms of video quality, so much grain
    2. is directed badly by david yates and bad shooting by eduardo serra (director of photography)
    3. The VFX on the deleted scene isn't my work but a german guys is helping me to do this. I spoke with him about the scene with Dudley and he told me he does not have the ability to adjust the special effects shots. He does not have the skills to do this. I'd rather do a complete job without some scenes, rather than a mediocre job with all the cut scenes

• Right I understand I wish Warner Bros at least completed the deleted scenes before releasing them
  • How long until your done? Do you know? (Not to rush you or anything)
  • This "cut" is a terrific example as to why people should leave filmmaking to filmmakers.

How long until your done? Do you know? (Not to rush you or anything)

To be onest...I don't know...months I think

This "cut" is a terrific example as to why people should leave filmmaking to filmmakers.

I understand if u like my project XD???

• The_Shining_WizardThe_Shining_Wizard Posts: 51
    edited September 2013
    No I'm criticizing your project. I think it's terrible.
  • Sportsman180Sportsman180 Posts: 155 ✭✭

Why?

Why?

This is normal. Not everyone may like it.

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well maybe the shining wizard should keep his opinion to himself.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Don't worry a lot of us are appreciating what you're doing and are inpatient to watch the final result :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

Don't worry a lot of us are appreciating what you're doing and are inpatient to watch the final result :)

I Know that. Thanks for your support. I don't break down easily!!!!!!! XD ahahaha
    Nick said:

well maybe the shining wizard should keep his opinion to himself.

Why? Everyone can give their opinion, even if it's bad XD

I for one love it. keep up the good work.
  • JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

• LevskiLevski Posts: 8

Well, fine, it's nothing bad you think so, but you could also give him some arguments and describe why you regard his project as terrible.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Screw the hater that doesnt like this project. Its awesome.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    =D>
  • Will you give us a preview like maybe the opening of part 1?
    edited September 2013
    I've already posted the extended opening ->
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    I love that opening only wish the music could flow right within those scenes but they are where they should be and the handshake dont firget the handshake haha
    You guys, Hogwartsite sent me the deleted scenes in 1080p a couple months back. The Harry/Dudley scene is in horrible quality. Grainy and blurry. It's unusable.
    Richard said:

I love that opening only wish the music could flow right within those scenes but they are where they should be and the handshake dont firget the handshake haha

that was a first cut of the sequence..now is better about the audio..more soft

• DevinPayne95DevinPayne95 Posts: 5
    Does anybody know when the next harry potter marathon's gonna be on abc family?
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod

Does anybody know when the next harry potter marathon's gonna be on abc family?

I moved your question to the right thread...it's totally dedicated to the marathons. You can be sure if one is coming, you'll find it there ;)

You'll find your answer here.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    If in the future I decide to do other extended editions, what u think about this cover for HBP?

• dobby83dobby83 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013

If in the future I decide to do other extended editions, what u think about this cover for HBP?

HOLY F#CK IT'S SO DOPE!!! I LOVE IT! Please make HBP extended cut, please!! :)

Could you try the same background, but with the trio in their school robes? :D

dobby83 said:

HOLY F#CK IT'S SO DOPE!!! I LOVE IT! Please make HBP extended cut, please!! :)

Could you try the same background, but with the trio in their school robes? :D
    this cover is official...it's no made by me..so i cant' edit it! sorry
    if i made also HP5 edition...what about this color correction?
    edited November 2013
    You're gonna do OOTP and HBP? Awesome! As for the color correction, I agree that OOTP is too blue, but i think that after shot is a bit of an overcorrection. OOTP is supposed to be bit of a darker story and the cinematography should reflect that. Maybe there's a happy medium?

You're gonna do OOTP and HBP? Awesome! As for the color correction, I agree that OOTP is too blue, but i think that after shot is a bit of an overcorrection. OOTP is supposed to be bit of a darker story and the cinematography should reflect that. Maybe there's a happy medium?

First i want to finish dh extended edition..after maybe i can make the others

• deezgeezdeezgeez Posts: 2
    So what is the status of the project, I'm really excited for this and commend you for your work
    deezgeez said:

So what is the status of the project, I'm really excited for this and commend you for your work

The video editing is completed, but I can't rendering it if deleted scenes are not completed of VFX. I don't know when the guy are currently work on those sequence take time to finish it...so we have to wait! After i have to edited the english audio. Until now I have only edited the film with italian sound. It will take months

• deezgeezdeezgeez Posts: 2
    Take as much time as you need and keep up the good work!! :)
    edited December 2013
    Right now I received the news that maybe I'll be able to organize a premiere in my country to show the extented edition of Harry Potter 7. So i want to do it, i have to finish the work

Omg that's amazing news! :D hope it work out! Wish I was able to come and watch it :)
    Is it like an "official" premiere? I mean, did WB contact you?

dobby83 said:

Is it like an "official" premiere? I mean, did WB contact you?

No, no guys this is a fan edition. This a premiere that I'm making with my friends and my website users

lool yes I understood that, but still this is awesome for you :)
    Update?

Update?

none..sorry

edit version of the banner

what do u think for this label?

#1 draft label for Harry Potter 7 Extended by HogwartSite on deviantART
    I was think about those label that I'm making for this fan-extended-edition, and I' tryed to replicate the style used for the hobbit extended edition ones. Let me Know what u think about! Thanks in advace

#2 draft label for Harry Potter 7 Extended by HogwartSite on deviantART

1ST ONE!

Though I'd like to see a trio option as well :)

dobby83 said:

1ST ONE!

Though I'd like to see a trio option as well :)

I can try to make a trio option but the trio's image from the photo shoot are always the same. Everyone have seen those image. I want to create a different approach. However, feel free to advise me. Keep in mind that this is an extended edition aims to show both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Yeah, I guess you're right! I like the 1st one, it's cool!

Any news on when this will be ready?

dobby83 said:

Yeah, I guess you're right! I like the 1st one, it's cool!

Any news on when this will be ready?

Sorry, no news. The project is still

Another cool option could be using this image, and you could merge both heads together and make a half-face Harry and half-face Voldemort

edited January 2014
    Yes love that one but like you said, we don't have to forget it's the two parts