Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Welcome to HPF: Rules and Announcement Thread

Comments

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Dan!

Wow! That is a lot of autographs!!! :O You sounds like you've got some memorable things.
  • Potter35Potter35 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Dan and that is so cool. Have fun here. :)
  • LaurettaLauretta Posts: 1
    Hi! My username is also my first name, so I hardly think that part of introduction would be necessary. I'm the fifteen year old sister of @Tubbytoast and I joined mostly because she talks about it all the time. I've been a fan for about seven years. At first I would scream if I heard as much as Hedwig's Theme, but of course I was a little curious. After all, my sister was in love with it and big sisters are cool. Now I'm in love with it too!

Well, hope you like me
    Oh wow. So glad you joined. Welcome to the forum. And your name is also difficult like Lola's. :D anyway,welcome. Have fun.
  • SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭✭
    Potter35 said:

Oh wow. So glad you joined. Welcome to the forum. And your name is also difficult like Lola's. :D anyway,welcome. Have fun.

Lola: Low-la
    Lauretta: Lor-ret-ta (Like Lauren with etta in place of the en).

Welcome everyone.
    Photobucket
    edited August 2012

Potter35 said:

Lola: Low-la
    Lauretta: Lor-ret-ta (Like Lauren with etta in place of the en).

Welcome everyone.
    Thanks Sarah. That made it much easier but Tubby's real name is not Lola. That is Jojiline (I guess that is wrong,the name is difficult I forgot,sorry Tubby)
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hullo new members...
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Welcome new members!

It reminds me of this part in The Sorcerers Stone when Hermione had to go home for Christmas:

"Harmony feels small in their presence and decides to split hairs with The Bear.

'Say, Ron, you look tired. Have you ever been tested for diseases, such as "dragon pox", "spattergroit",?'

Ron replies, 'At least I'm not a hideous mountain troll.'

She says, 'Are you going home for Christmas? I'm going home. I've got have money.'

He says, 'No. We're staying here. We're gonna find out who the Cornelius Fudge Nick Flannel is and rule the bleaming school. So run home and open your presents. I hope you get a new pillow to cry into. Scabber turds.'"
  • SiCathySiCathy Posts: 16
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Catia, I'm 23 years old and I am from Portugal. I'm a huge fan of HP since 2001. =)
    "It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." Albus Dumbledore
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    SiCathy said:

Hi everyone!
    I'm Catia, I'm 23 years old and I am from Portugal. I'm a huge fan of HP since 2001. =)

Hi Catia! Welcome to the forum! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chip_985chip_985 Posts: 54
    Hey everybody! I'm Lachlan, Australian, forced to become a Potter fan back in 2000 so I could find out who younger children kept insisting I looked like (not so much anymore, but maybe if I wore spec again...). A bit iconoclastic in that I like the films better (sorry) - it's only because I reckon film's the ultimate art form. How good's Emma look in that banner above, though? Mmm-hmm.
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to the forum Lachlan! Nice to have another Aussie here :) Where in Australia are you from @chip_985?
    Brisbane, sir. Well, way out West in Mount Isa, Queensland originally, but I had enough sense to move. Not quite out of Queensland, though. :)
    Ohh cool. I'm a Brisbane boy :P
    Hmm, so's Phineas... It's starting to look like no-one lives anywhere else in Oz anymore. Or maybe just the HP fans, huh?
  • SiCathySiCathy Posts: 16
    edited August 2012
    Samch92 said:

SiCathy said:

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much!! =) I'm enjoying it so far.
    "It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." Albus Dumbledore
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    SiCathy said:

Samch92 said:

SiCathy said:

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much!! =) I'm enjoying it so far.
    Great to heard that! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TrixieTrixie Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm Trix, and obviously new here :) Looking forward to having some interesting conversations with people as obsessed as me.
  • LizLiz Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new members :)
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,701 mod
    Welcum Welcum!
  • Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Richard said:

Welcum Welcum!

ew
    image image image

• AnneleAnnele Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Hey guys! My name's Annele and I have recently gotten really involved in a forum for the greatest card game ever, Elements. Then I realised, there must be other forums out there, so I googled my other favourite thing, HARRY POTTER. So, I'm here. And saying hi. I've read the Harry Potter books, what is it... like at least 9 times each? I'm sure many of you have done much better, but, meh. I LOVE Severus Snape, seeing as most of the plotline has been up to him. I hope to be involved in this great communtiy!
  • Tom18Tom18 Posts: 5
    Hey everyone! My name's Tom and, obviously, I love Harry Potter! Also, my first ever app has recently been put on the app store, it's about harry potter so you can tell me what you think :D

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trivia-for-harry-potter/id543200669?ls=1&mt=8
    This is my Harry Potter Trivia App! Really proud of it!

Wow, 2 members in one night :D Welcome Annele and Tom. Great to have you here :)
    Hey guys, my name is Ned Ryerson. I am new here to this forum, but I love two things in life; Harry Potter and Life Insurance. I look forward to chatting with all of you about witchcraft and whatever AND talking about your interest in signing up for a policy that is both doable and meaningful.

• AnneleAnnele Posts: 2
    Thanks for the welcome nick! It's great to be here too. :)
  • Hi, I'm Harrypotter66, but I prefer you call me Harry Potter. The golbet of fire is awesome. don't you agree?
  • Welcome all new members!!! Love the collectors out there!!!! Keep sharing your awesome collection stories!!! Did you hear the Expedition is coming back to NY soon! Sweet!!!!!!!
    I'm a Prefect of Hogwarts, Rusty Bonez. On behalf of the HPF, welcome.

In any fellowship, you need someone you can trust someone to be there always and for anything. A horcrux split to your souls; a soul mate. And my soul mate is Nichole, class of 2001. Gentlemen and lovely ladies, you've been arranged in pairs. Soul mates. Each soul mate was chosen to complement the other and to accept responsibility for the other. We have provided all of with you with a gift. Open them. It’s a mofo’ing wand.

Our membership, like life, has its pleasures its hardships and sometimes its pain. But unlike life, the connection between you is eternal. Let this seal be the bond between you. Be silent as you endure. Well done. Now equip your wands. With the council as your witnesses, you have now become soul mates.

And now, the rules. We live by the rules, we die by the rules. Read your rule book (Magical Me - Gilderoy Lockhart). There's a rule for every possible situation. Guard the key to our entry and your rule book as you would guard your own lives. NO MUGGLE’S.

Most important, remember: Our rules supersede those of the outside world.

"A wizard above any other."

Well done, ladies and gentlemen. Congratulations.

As an active Prefect, and on behalf of the council, and the HPF alumni throughout the world, you are welcome. Welcome home.
    Hi. Welcome all the new ones. Hope you'll have an amazing time here. :)
  • Hi! I'm DwellingOnDreams. You can call me Hazel. I'm a huge Potterhead :) I love to read. I also like Percy Jackson and the Hunger games. Yeah.
    Hey Hazel! Welcome to the forum (: We all love to read as well, are you getting The Casual Vacancy? ^^
    Great! I wish it was cheapr but its JKR lol.
  • LunaLGLunaLG Posts: 1
    My name is Heaven. I'm 22 I started reading HP at age 11. I'm a make-up artist in real life. I'm a Ravenclaw according to Pottermore
  • Hi, my name is Lewis, I've been a Potter fan for as long as I can remember (I was only 3 when The Philosopher's Stone was published,) and I'm also a Ravenclaw according to Pottermore.
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, dearest newbies!
  • K3chocolateK3chocolate Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Hi! I'm Kristina :)

I'm 22. I'm Cuban and Ukrainian. I grew up in Kiev, Ukraine and have lived in the US since I was 12. Right now I'm a senior in college majoring in psychology and working at bars meanwhile.

I have been a fan of Harry Potter since I've read the books. I saw the first 2 movies when they came out when I was around 11 (I'm the same age as the trio), but they honestly didn't grab my attention. Then when I was 14 and bored on summer vacation, I borrowed a friend's Russian copy of HP1, because I wanted to read something Russian and OMG I fell in love. Then I read all the books in English dozens of times, have seen all the movies and I love watching cast interviews, interesting HP facts and getting into anything HP related!

I don't have many friends that are into HP like I am (they have barely watched the movies, much less read the books lol), so I'm looking forward to having discussions on here with others who share my HP interests.

I was also going to attend the Quidditch World Cup in NYC last year, but unfortunately I got sick that week :( So, hopefully, I will go to the next one (which I believe is in April). It would be great to meet other HP fans!!
    Oh, I've also been to the Harry Potter World in Orlando and I've just ordered JK Rowling's "Casual Vacancy" as well! Haha I love everything HP related, if you can't tell :P
    Wow! So many new members this week!

Welcome all and hope you all enjoy your time here :)
    Is there a way to add any other info to our profile page, like my Pottermore username? I don't see it. But maybe there's a way to add it once you get a certain amount of points or something. So I figured I'd ask. Thanks!
    If you want to let everyone know your Pottermore username check out this thread ;)

harrypotterforum.com/discussion/7958/the-official-pottermore-thread-now-open#latest
    Welcome Kristina! I'm sure you'll love this place lol it is indeed a wonderful community. Wow a bar eh, seems like a fun job! Youre gorgeous btw :x haha

And welcome to all those other newbs out there :3
    Thanks, Nick! I'll check it out!

And thanks, Richard! Yeah, bars/clubs, whatever you want to call them haha. I'm looking forward to having discussions on these threads. There are just so many!! I want to read them ALL!! Don't know where to start. Is there any interesting ones you'd recommend?

Thanks, Nick! I'll check it out!

And thanks, Richard! Yeah, bars/clubs, whatever you want to call them haha. I'm looking forward to having discussions on these threads. There are just so many!! I want to read them ALL!! Don't know where to start. Is there any interesting ones you'd recommend?

No problem (: Nice to know you're planning to stick around! Well as you say there is many of them. We have some threads for The Hunger Games, The Dark Knight, Lord of the Rings, basically anything thats big right now. Pages 1-5 have all the new stuff so we always try to stick to those and not bump the old threads. We also discuss movies, books, news entertainment practically anything, even personal situations and jokes. If there is anything you would like to discuss just let us know and if the thread doesnt exist we can make one for you :) once you hit 100 comments I shall grant you full member status ( to make your own threads ) like everyone else ^.^
    Sounds good!! I'll keep posting then :)
    Sorry, one more question. I wanted to post in the Funny HP pics thread, but I can't figure out how I would go about it the easiest way. It looks like I would need to go through PhotoBucket or something and use an HTML code. Is there an easier way to upload photos, if I'm using just my phone for example?