Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Do you think that the newest movie, Order of the Phoenix, had been edited and far too much of cut ?

the Patricianthe Patrician Posts: 4
edited July 2007 in Movies
I personally thought that they could have done a better job with the newest Harry potter movie. I believe they cut it too much in the assumption that most everyone had read the book and would be able to follow the plot by filling in the bits that would have made the movie more complete. What do you think?

Comments

• whitemomowhitemomo Posts: 47
    Every novel adaptation movies are always cut in a lot of ways. Judging by most my friends opinion who never read the books themselves, the fifth movie can be understood although it's choppy in some parts. Well at least this is better than the 1st and 2nd movie don;t you think so?
  • abineshabinesh Posts: 84
    very true.. the first and second were the worst of all... unfortunately i started reading the book only after the 2nd movie came out and when i did so... man 75% was not there in the movie lol and only thne did i realise that i ought to go for the other books first rather than the movies...and in his fifth movie the director and the editors have done consideraly well ... they ve missed out on the fights and the no. of spells cast during the fights...

it could be because they must ve taken it for granted that the audience must know this part and maybe thats the reason for edition ... and the death of sirius could be cited as example..
    Yeah the death of Sirius is so vague. He appeared like a anonymous not important character in the movie. And about the scene where Harry has a vision of Lord Voldemort in a suit in the King's Cross before he departs to Hogwarts. I wonder what that means.
    i too did not get that part.. it would help if some one who understood that could help us.. i dont htink it was mentioned in the book anywhere... that scene... or maybe i overlooked it??
    No you did not overlook it, I have checked the book just now. Well perhaps it's a variation of the story, movie director likes to do that sort of thing, twisting, changing and exaggerating :D
    i too was re reading the whole book last night just to check this and i was sure it was some some change brought in to the movie by the irector.. thanks for checking too
  • The part that is cutted is whet Mr Weasley is in hospital...I think that in that part they pass by the room where are Neville's parents. And the portrait of Mrs Black isn't screaming it is barely in one scene
    About the Voldemort on the train station...I either can't understand it...
    nor has anybody else buddy.. so just don't worry. maybe we'll invite the director to post here about his " inserted scene" lol
  • i thought the mvie was very borin,they talked to much and didnt show many stuff...
    i loved the book thought it was much more exicting than the movie i imagine it much better...
  • ILAILA Posts: 5
    I agree that the movie is a bit of a dissapointment. But when I think of it, I don't thik it could have been much better... The movie contains the most important scenes and still it's not too much, if you know what I mean. I like the deepness in the movie
    @ ILA

very true... this movie couldn have been any better than the way it stands now. adding in more scenes can be done but the story would ve been too lengthy and stuff. i feel its the best movie so far in the series , both the story and direction.
  • they could have put more stuff in to the movie
    to say that it was the longest book the film seemed about the same length as the other movies
    i would like to have seen the hospital scene as it is one of my favourite bits of the book and it also explains alot
    also i didn't like the fact that the broke the wall down of th room of requirement as every one now knows where it is for the other books and it plays an important role that nobody knows where it is in thew last 2 books
  • peevespeeves Posts: 5
    All films will be rubbish compared to the books, I personally hate the films as I love the books, it could only work if each film was released in 3 or more full length films.
  • 3483534835 Posts: 7
    yes because where was lily and why didn't snape call her a mudblood
  • I personally feel the books are far better. But the last movie Order of The Phoenix was a great disappointment. Toooo much was taken out, considering it was one of the longest books in the serious. This leads me to believe that Half Blood Prince will not be much better considering that they have kept the same director. Lets hope when the final film goes into production they choose a worthy director. My vote is Tim Burton. I feel he will be able to put just the right element of darkness to the film and it wont be cookie cutter. I mean lets look at the mans track record. Lets make it happen muggles.
  • I agree with u all. Also, why waste time with useless things such as Tonks saying - "don't call me Nymphadora" and Hermoine saying - "this is Loony - Luna Lovegood" and making Luna look like an idiot thru most of the film. A lot of things really iritated me like that. Why would the director do that?
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,701 mod
    In, harry potter and the order of phoenix,Neville makes the expeliarmus curse when filch and the rest run to the room of requirements,but he was supposed to do it when everyone got surprised about it.The movie also shows hints about the next film,like in the end when the newspaper passes saying that the muggle prime minister was getting a visit.I also saw when Nigel was clapping when Fred and George left the hall while flying but he wasnt supposed to be there because OWLS is for only 5th Years.Thats all i have to say about HP5.
  • Miss BellatrixMiss Bellatrix Posts: 3
    edited April 2008
    You know that they actually thought of splitting the movies 4, 5, 6. and 7 into 2 movies each. I wish that they would have. They cut way too much out of movie 4 & 5. But considering that they fit an 800 page book (OoTP) into a 3 hour movie I am somewhat impressed with what they were able to get into the movie. I just wish they would have more quidditch in the 4th and 5th movies. I love the part in the book where Harry and one of the Weasly twins beat the you-know-what out of Malfoy muggle style. That would have been great to see in the movie. And they need to bring back Dobby. I miss seeing him in the movies. He is an important character in the rest of the series. Overall review of OoTP book AWSOME !!! Overall review of OoTP movie mediocre to say the least.
  • They did over cut it but the movie was the best movie ever. I wish they had Quidditch, Prefects, and The Hostipal but it was so good.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, so many purism on this post. What's funny is that most of the people who commented didn't knew about the missing 45 minutes of scenes.
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, so many purism on this post.

:)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    God, so many purism on this post.

:)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =)) :)) :O) :-j 8-} =))
    SOOOO...MANY...SMILIES...

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, so many purism on this post. What's funny is that most of the people who commented didn't knew about the missing 45 minutes of scenes.
    You're obsessed. Not with Potter, but with that one word. :|

Lord Stafford.
  • AbhishekAbhishek Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭
    I am obsessed with the word Twitard. 8-> :\"> It's such a lovely word. I dunno but something happens to me everytime I come across it. I think I am falling in love with it... :-< :x
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now trying to think about what my favourite word is. It might be a silly profanity; but then again, it might not.

Lord Stafford.