Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

After thinking hard..

Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in General
i think the deleted scenes we will get will be

Abeforth and Harry- runtime about 1 to 2 mins

Filch in the dungeons- runtime about 15- 30 seconds

Disguised ron and hermione on the banks- runtime- about 40 secs to a min

Why do you live?- runtime- about 15- 30 seconds

Harry walking back to the great hall after defeating voldemort- runtime- 25-40 secs

Death eaters at Gringotts- runtime- 20 seconds

and as a suprise bonus- and extended epilouge with an intro from yates

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was confirmed Yates was going to give us the Luna, Ron, and Hermione scenes from Shell Cottage.
    i dont think he mentioned luna

the ones he mentioned

why do u live?
    ron hermione scene with ron disguised
    and abeforth
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we'll get the Harry/Luna scene at Shell Cottage.
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yates said we would get some battle footage, so maybe the great hall fight.

But yeah, I agree that those are probably it.
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd take the time to mash them in to the film and give us the option to watch an extended edition.

where did he say this jason? O:
  • i think you have the right idea about deleted scenes that's probably it along with maybe some battle stuff
    edited August 2011

It was in a video interview after the film released, the guy asked about deleted scenes and he said there would be deleted battle footage. I'm guessing it would be the great hall battle, since what else could it be? :D

It was in a video interview after the film released, the guy asked about deleted scenes and he said there would be deleted battle footage. I'm guessing it would be the great hall battle, since what else could it be? :D

yay.

the only other option is a courtyard battle scene. with hagrid maybe?
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long we got the Harry/Luna scene in Shell Cottage, I'll be happy. I've wanted to see that scene since it wasn't on Part 1. I was angry that it was cut from Part 2.
    Was Harry telling Neville to kill the snake cut? I could've sworn we heard something about it from the test screenings and we do know Matthew Lewis was saying he really hoped a scene where Neville is carrying a dead body wouldn't be cut (LOL IT WAS) and I wonder if it could've been there? I mean, he knew to kill the snake later on.

Though one could say that was because he saw Harry attacking it with cronfringo. Or that he didn't know and was going after Voldemort with the sword but took out Nagini when she was about to get Ron and Hermione.
    As long we got the Harry/Luna scene in Shell Cottage, I'll be happy. I've wanted to see that scene since it wasn't on Part 1. I was angry that it was cut from Part 2.
    And we got all of those pictures of her Apparating with her luggage.

OHHHHHHHHH AND I AM CONVINCED THERE IS A DELETED SCENE(S) IN BETWEEN HARRY ARRIVING AT HOGWARTS AND SNAPE IN THE GREAT HALL.
    It goes from all the students in the RoR, then suddenly all changed and the Order is there. It doesn't feel right to me, the editing there.
    I think so, the first twenty seconds of A New Headmaster doesn't sounds in the film, and there's a couple of minutes of the same cue which replaced part of the cue Underworld in the Gringotts scene (when we saw the dragon).
    It's possible it could have taken place right after Harry left Hermione and Ron on the staircase. He could have found him near the entrance hall and told him that, but you can see why they would cut it. It kills the flow a bit.
    It's possible it could have taken place right after Harry left Hermione and Ron on the staircase. He could have found him near the entrance hall and told him that, but you can see why they would cut it. It kills the flow a bit.
    Yeah, it would. 3 seperate scenes where Harry is talking to people going to his death would've been too much.
  • I have already posted this in another thread .....

these extras are confirmed for the DVD (COMINGSOON.NET)
    Q: Were there any extra scenes that were cut for time that might end up on the DVD?
    Yates: Yeah, we've got a whole bunch of DVD extra scenes, which I took out of the movie. We never ever say, "Oh, it's going to be 3 hours or 2 1⁄2 hours or 90 minutes." It's whatever feels right when you watch the film in the dark. Ultimately that's what determines the length of the film. This film felt the right weight and the right shape and the right rhythm at two hours, but we saved all the bits we cut out, and we're going to put that on the DVD extras.

Q: Can you tell us what that might include?
    Yates: Yeah, there's a version of Aberforth and Harry, a longer version of it that we've got. There's an extended scene on the beach with Ron disguised before he gets to the bank and a lovely interchange between him and (Hermione).

Read more: Exclusive: Director David Yates on Harry Potter's End - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79491#ixzz1Rzyzkzsv
    edited August 2011
    It's possible. Because the cue Harry's Sacrifice barely sounds in the film, just the first and last seconds. Like I said, the score can give us hints of scenes in the film which had editing.
  • FireflyFirefly Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I hope there's an option to watch the film with the deleted scenes reincorporated, like seamless branching.

As it's the last one, it's meant to be an "ultimate" set.

What that likely means, however, is that we'll have a documentary that lasts longer than 20 minutes.
    imageimage
    I hope there's an option to watch the film with the deleted scenes reincorporated, like seamless branching.

As it's the last one, it's meant to be an "ultimate" set.

What that likely means, however, is that we'll have a documentary that lasts longer than 20 minutes.
    Last year they said that there's a big documentary about the Deathly Hallows films.