Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Rate/Review the Last Movie or TV Show You Watched

Comments

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RUSH

Ron Howard gives us a brilliant portrayal of the brutality and daring risks that Formula 1 entails in this gripping true story of two fierce rivals. Not only is it memorable for its high stakes action sequences, but for the emotion it carries, particularly in Niki Lauda's character.

This is the surprise of the year for me. Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

9/10
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyond: Two Souls - 9/10

Ellen Page was amazing. The story was gripping and highly emotional... My favorite combo.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravity
    A simple survival story that transcends in every way possible, an absolute pinnacle in filmmaking, packing incredible visuals, combined with an amazing performance by Sandra Bullock. The first truly amazing blockbuster of the year and an absolutely delicious 3D experience. I can't see any reason for this movie not to be seen in theaters. Go right now if possible.
    5/5

• MamounMamoun Posts: 973 ✭✭✭
    The Conjuring
    A decently entertaining horror movie that relies a bit too heavily on horror cliches, which could be intentional to give it a retro vibe but it generally makes the movie seems generic. It's a bit overrated but all in all it's well made. A recommended watch If you are a fan of old fashioned horror movies, not recommended for those who expect a bit more creativity.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Prisoners - what. the. fuck. 9.5/10
    imageimageimage
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    I've been watching a lot of movies recently, but have been just lazy to post reviews here. What can I shortly say about some movies:

-This is the End: best comedy movie this year so far, but probably for the rest of it. Great chemistry and self-referential humor made this really funny. (8.5/10)

-Gravity: not only this is one of the best science-fictions movies I've ever seen, it's the best movie of this year, and one of the best I've seen. Goddamn, Alfonso Cuarón is a fucking genius, Emmanuel Lubezki did one of the best photography I've seen, hands-down (don't even bother academics at the Oscars, just give him the statuette already), and Steven Price's score gave me chills in some really awesome moments. A pinnacle of filmmaking, as Matt said. (10/10)

-End of Watch: a real surprise for me, EXCELLENT buddy cop movie, Jake Gyllenhall and Michael Peña's chemistry practically made this movie, David Ayer's pretty original direction was great. Overall, not only a very smart movie, it's almost a touching tribute to the everyday honest cops, working their asses out there to make our cities a better place to live. (8.5/10)

-Paprika: great animation, believe it or not, Inception took a lot of ideas from this movie (even Christopher Nolan acknowleged it). It slogs a little sometimes (but maybe that was me, who was really tired that day), but it has a very clever concept, presented in a creative and "bizarrily" surreal way. (8.0/10)
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
    I have also been watching a crapload of movies lately, even before Gravity, but I didn't have time to post them here so I'll just skip the long reviews and put all the scores down here.

We're The Millers - 3/5
    Hilarious and entertaining, though very clumsily written.

The Lone Ranger - 2/5
    Excruciatingly and unnecessarily long, though the big action set pieces are a blast.

The Internship - 1/5
    I usually don't mind extensive product placement but this was just shameless. Also boring, unfunny and all around bad.

This is The End - 3/5
    A very unique and funny idea, though the execution is far from ideal.

The Way Way Back - 4/5
    A delicious coming of age story that's both funny and endearing. Heartwarming at times.

White House Down - 3/5
    Makes no sense, but it's one hell of a ride. A quality popcorn action film.

• Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Captain Phillips
    4/5 stars
    Just like Zero Dark Thirty, Captain Phillips is successful in portraying a "true story" with so much intensity and realism. Tom Hanks delivers a powerful Oscar-worthy performance and the supporting cast is very talented (Barkhad Abdi is a standout). The third act is the highlight of the film and the main reason why Captain Phillips is a must-see. The last 15 minutes are so intense and will have you on the edge of your seat. The last scene with Hanks' character is so heartbreaking and strong.
  • MacMac Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭
    Despicable me 2 7/10
    A funny and entertaining movie,with a bit lack down of the story.

The Conjuring 5/10
    A well seen cliche ,and it moves so slow.

The Intership 6.5/10
    Thought this movie would be boring.But I was mistaken..
    Some more reviews:

-Prisoners: Wow, excelent. Denis Villeneuve takes the "David Fincher school of gritty thrillers" and ups the game with heart and morally ambiguous characters. Even with it's duration of 2 and half hours, I barely felt the time passing, because the story, aligned with great direction and top-notch acting, keeps your empathy on the characters and the stakes at hand. Kudos to everyone in the cast, but a special mention to Hugh Jackman and Jack Gyllenhall, making the most of their already meaty roles. Oh yeah, special kudos to Paul Dano, playing a very bizarre character, without even 8.5/10

-Kick-Ass 2: what a disappointment. The nice with the first movie: it was the idea, to present a superhero in a real world, trying to do what he can, like a normal human, to fight crime and stuff, but not losing the cartoonishness in the way. Here, Jeff Wadlow (who the fuck gave him full permission for script/director duties, and no other hands to review it?) screws with all the reality, gets the cartoonish, and transform into B-style trash. Why, really, WHY? Not to mention a whole lotta problems: a ludicrous subplot, involving Mindy trying to be a tween; really bad directing, mainly when it came to the action scenes (the scene with Mother Russia defeating that bunch of cops and their cars made me cringe, I joke you not); and to top it off, crappy character development (lack of continuity was really bizarre here), situation and lines. Easily the biggest disappointment for me so far, and one of the worst films I've watched this year. 4.5/10

P.S.: now I'm remembering, it's not all crap, the moments of Kick-Ass walking with Justice Forever are okay, and the last battle was nice, between the duo Hit-Girl vs. Mother Russia and Kick-Ass vs. Motherfucker. But that's it, I recommend the comic instead of this movie, leagues better, even with the unnecessary over-the-top violence.

-The Way Way Back: I saw a lot, and I mean, A LOT of praise for this movie, so I was considerably curious. But in a way, it kinda fell flat, my expectations. The story is nice, the acting is really great (Sam Rockwell is hilarious, even with the slim chances I'll be cheering for him for a nomination for Supporting Actor in any of these awards to come; not to mention Steve Carell really good in an asshole role, and Toni Collette doing fine with what she had). But the protagonist? Hmm, not so much. See, my problem is that I spent a whole lotta time suffering and fighting against my timidness, almost my whole teenagehood I was introverted and etc, and I know how that goes, but the way it was developed in the movie was very innacurate. Well, at least for me. Not that there isn't kids like that, of course there is, but the script made things for the kid almost too easy: he has the really cute blonde who keeps chasing him (an obvious weirdo), and he destroys good part of his barrier after spending some days in that park. Really man, it doesn't work that way, not to mention that these contrivances gave space to some really awkward moments on the movie. Moreso, I wasn't very fond of newbie Liam James acting, I know he is supposed to be a very introverted kid, but sometimes it all felt too wooden. But it's a nice movie, without a doubt, it's just that, for me, the development of the character, through a theme that is already a rocky one, didn't felt too accurate or honest. 6.5/10

Prisoners
    A deliciously atmospheric thriller that brings you back to that type of cinema that hasn't been around in a while. Amazingly acted all around, Prisoners only suffers with some of its plot contrivances that inevitably show up, but otherwise this beautifully shot and directed movie is surely not to be missed.
    4/5

The Wire (2002-2008)

Creator: David Simon

Sorry Breaking Bad fans... I'm with you all on loving this groundbreaking show, but it's definite: The Wire is better. I don't have enough words to praise this top-notch, tense yet slow-burning, which is genius in every aspect: exploring the lifes of a very unknown society (Baltimore, which is populated predominantly by black people), and fleshing every aspect of it: the police, the ghetto, the folks from the port, the politics, and journalism. There is a huge cast here, and practically every character are multidimensional figures, who most likely can't be judged by first appearances. The writing of this show is it's strongest point, the plot is so complex and intertwined, that you will see conversations and actions that may take a far bigger importance, than we initially imagined. It explores the two sides of every war we will see being fought, in the 5 seasons this gem had, one that may be taken on several (and different) stages.

But, more than that, it is a show about american life. It portrays a corrupt society, and every level of it, from the most pure, to the most dirty. Working with a cast of major unknowns (the most recognizable faces may be Dominic West, who showed me how much of an underrated star he is; Idris Elba, in a pre-fame role, and probably one of his best; Michael Kenneth Williams, who fans of Boardwalk Empire will remember as Chalky White, but after watching The Wire, will remember him now as the eternal badass Omar; and probably Wendell Pierce, by his small part on Horrible Bosses as a, hah, detective), the show pulls major advances in the way of storytelling (not to mention it is very ballsy, when messing with minorities). Kudos to HBO, for maintaining this marvelous show running for it's entirety, even with the small audience it had (thank God it received a huge cult following afterwards). And shame on you Emmys and Golden Globes, for not giving it the praise it deserved, just makes me see how farfetched these awards were.

10/10
    I've heard some great things about the Wire. I'll have to check it out when I have the time.
    imageimageimage
    aaron said:

I've heard some great things about the Wire. I'll have to check it out when I have the time.

Do it man. I Guarantee you won't regret.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wire is at the top of my list right now.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    what kind of show is it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

what kind of show is it?

It is... Difficult to sum it in few words. Something like an investigative procedural, but with much more. It is the story of a special unit trying to catch a network of drug dealers and kingpins, but actually showing the side of the ghettos too. As the seasons go, more dynamics start to enter the story, such as politics, bureaucracy (that is actually present in the whole show), the port trades, and so it goes.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    edited November 2013
    fawke83 said:

Samch92 said:

what kind of show is it?

It is... Difficult to sum it in few words. Something like an investigative procedural, but with much more. It is the story of a special unit trying to catch a network of drug dealers and kingpins, but actually showing the side of the ghettos too. As the seasons go, more dynamics start to enter the story, such as politics, bureaucracy (that is actually present in the whole show), the port trades, and so it goes.
    If I loved Breaking Bad...would I love this show too? and is there action scene or just talking lol ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

fawke83 said:

Samch92 said:

what kind of show is it?

If I loved Breaking Bad...would I love this show too? and is there action scene or just talking lol ?
    Hmm, now that's a tricky question, because the two shows are very different... In The Wire, you're not gonna see over-the-top scenes, like Gus Fring's death, or impactful phrases like "Say my name", "I am the danger" (although there are some awesome and deep-thoughtful dialogues and quotes throughout the show). It is very grounded, realistic, and doesn't bother or bullshit you. It is the kind of show you start to watch, doesn't have anything I described above (action scenes? Hmm, no, there is few I can remember, it must be taken into account what would you consider an action scene, of course, but 95% is plain talking, investigation and character development), but after some good episodes, you stop and realize how addicted you are to it.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're the millers

This movie is hilarious!

8/10
    imageimageimage
    Thor: The Dark World
    An entertaining, though underwhelming sequel. It's admirable to see the Marvel Universe grow richer every movie, but some plot devices, especially the ones regarging the ending, feel forced and uneventful. The movie is at its best in its Earth scenes, but unfortunately not much time is spent there, but the imaginative design of Asgard really makes up for it. Overall, a very solid action flick that could be way better, given its source material. It's still superior to The Avengers, at least.
    3/5

Bad Grandpa - 5/10

Thor: The Dark World - 8/10

Gravity - 10/10

Captain America 2 trailer - RR/10
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Captain Phillips - 9/10
    imageimageimage
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: beautifully acted, shit, J. Law continues to surprise me as an actress, that girl is one of the finest things that appeared in Hollywood in these last years, and I really hope she continues this fruitful career she's having. Sam Clafin is gonna make all his haters and Finnick-tards bite their tongues, and accept the fact the lad did not only a fine job, but the best of his career so far. Liam Hemsworth improved a little with his character, while Josh Hutcherson had more to chew, and both did it greatly. The supporting cast, shit, I can't think of one that didn't do a fine job (Philip Seymour Hoffman is brilliant as Plutarch, so much that I lament his lack of meaty dialogue, hope they fix it on the next movies);

Francis Lawrence made me rethink of him as a director, making his best work so far, and showing how good he can pull emotion, and put the "dullness" his movies generally have, aside. No wonder Lionsgate wanted to stick with him;

The script did one marvelous job, working as a different media from the book when the latter faulted with cheesy dialogue, but literally copying it, when it was most needed (I can say though, it had some issues, very minor issues, story felt to fast-paced one time or another, but, well, as I said, minor issue);

The photography? Beautiful, moreso when the arena enters;

And the score? Shit, just made me see how mediocre the one from Hunger Games was. This one, yeah, had one great score, lots of memorable tracks;

So, really, what was not to like it? As I said back there, if it wasn't for Gravity, Catching Fire would clearly be the blockbuster of the year. And honestly? Desolation of Smaug will have to work it's golden ass out real good, to take that "second place" spot.

9/10

12 Years a Slave.

It...changes you.

10/10
    imageimageimage
  • Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Stand by Me
    4.5/5 Stars
    Stand by Me is a film you will appreciate more as an adult as you look back on your own childhood/experiences. I was 12 when I saw the film for the first time and 11 years later, it resonates with me more than ever . I just love this line: "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone? "
    Insidious: Chapter 2
    A surprisingly great sequel to an already interesting original movie, that focuses on creating a scary and engaging story rather than scares. The script is absolutely intriguing and expands the series' mythology into exciting new territories. Not to mention the terrific camera work and acting. I'm definitely looking forward to the third installment, even though James Wan is not returning.
    4/5

^ I don't know why some folks didnt like it... I thought Insidious 2 was the most fun and surprised I've been in the theater all year!

Thor: The Dark World - 3.5/5
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 5/5
    All Is Lost - 4/5
    Enough Said - 4.5/5
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thor: The Dark World - 9/10. Pure science fantasy, and captured the essence of the world of Thor far better than the first film. Structurally impressive story, built on twists right through, and the characters were all handled beautifully, Loki most of all. The only thing I wasn't really that fond of was, surprisingly, Chris Eccleston, who didn't have much to do acting-wise besides stand around menacingly and speak in elvish from time to time.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 9.5/10. Every aspect of the filmmaking was masterfully done; grander in every way than the first, while still feeling like you're in the same world. Jen Lawrence positively shone, and Sam Claflin and Jena Malone were a pleasant surprise. The only niggle is the pacing, which, while it didn't personally bother me, might annoy people who are too narrow to ignore the many thought-provoking themes and just wanting the Games to start already.

Beyond: Two Souls - 9.5/10. A video game presented as an interactive film; an experience unlike any other. This is the magnum opus of Ellen Page's acting career, fantastically complimented by Willem Dafoe. An incredible, beautiful story that easily works into your heart, and blows you away emotionally.
    imageimage
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carrie 8/10
    imageimageimage
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Catching Fire: 9.5/10 -- review in thread.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Yay, time for a RyUpdate:

Sharknado: 5/10
    - How can you not love genuinely bad movies? You had me at 'shark tornado'.

The Butler: 8/10
    A great exploration into the racial struggles that continue to now (even if some events are fabricated) It really works as a drama, a bit heavy with liberalism but still stood as a piece of the American Spirit.

Insidious 2: 8/10
    - I like this one better than the first. The story was developed nicely and wasn't repetitive.

Gravity: 10/10
    - I even can't put into words how much I enjoyed it. Definitely best of the year.

Jobs: 3/10
    - They tried...but it just didn't feel right...

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones: 2/10
    - Lol Was this a SyFy movie they decided to release in the theaters instead? My vote for worst movie of the year so far that I've seen.

Carrie: 4/10
    - This is what happens when you take every generic horror film in the market and mash it up with a classic Stephen King novel.

Bad Grandpa: 7/10
    - Surprised at how funny this was, and actually real when they showed everyone at the end.

Blackfish: 9/10
    - An incredible eye opening documentary about captive marine life that will definitely make you think twice before visiting SeaWorld ever again.

Thor 2: 8/10
    - Lavish style, great performances and felt very fresh.

and for the big surprise...

Catching Fire: 9.5/10
    - Seriously, words cannot express how much I loved this movie. 500 times better than the first film. Dark, brooding, deep, mysterious, twisting and passionate. It had all the elements of a great movie and definitely did not disappoint. (The very end with the birds transforming was incredibly awkward though. Most I've talked too agree with it too. It was too cheesy right after the final shot. They should have just faded to black but eh it is what it is.)
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RyGuy said:

(The very end with the birds transforming was incredibly awkward though. Most I've talked too agree with it too. It was too cheesy right after the final shot. They should have just faded to black but eh it is what it is.)

That's not something that should be considered a part of the movie, though. It's just a logo reveal.

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Jason said:

RyGuy said:

(The very end with the birds transforming was incredibly awkward though. Most I've talked too agree with it too. It was too cheesy right after the final shot. They should have just faded to black but eh it is what it is.)

That's not something that should be considered a part of the movie, though. It's just a logo reveal.

That's how I feel as well about it. I wish they just threw it in after the credits because I loved that dramatic camera hold on her face then black then a few seconds. I wish it cut straight to the music then credits but hey it's not really that big of a deal. The bird thing really had zero impact on my review overall :)
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    edited November 2013
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (IMAX)

Saw it Saturday night and I gotta say that this is the best adaptation I have ever seen from a book adaptation. I loved every minute of it. Francis Lawrence is my new favorite director. Johanna stole the show for me. Jena Malone, so underrated. This movie was amazing in IMAX. This movie proved that with a great director and writing team (which included Suzanne Collins) any movie can be faithfully be adapted. Divergent better bring it!

10/10
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Captain Phillips

A very, very tense drama with an ountstanding Tom Hanks (that last scene, my god). The pirates looked like they were acting out of their experiences as pirates, really well acted and casted. I have nothing but praise, Greengrass well done!

Around 8,5/10
    Saw some movies these days worth mentioning...

Pan's Labyrinth

A really beautiful movie, no wonder it received such acclaim from critics, good acting from all the cast, but the real power here lies in the imaginative dark fantasy that surrounds Ophelia's world, amidst war and shit. Del Toro in his A game, without a doubt.

8.5/10

Arbitrage

Wow, once in a while, we come by these movies that you remember receiving good reviews, but never had the curiosity to check it out yourself, and it ends up being better than you expected. This is one of them. Tight script that mixes a murder investigation, and thematics of a USA-post economic depression, plus a real talented cast, with Richard Gere in a Oscar-worthy performance, showing he's far away from "the old man that only does weepy romances and dramas"; Susan Sarandon and Brit Marling, as always, doing fine jobs; and Nate Parker in a surprisingly meaty supporting role.

8.5/10

Frances Ha

A surprising, heartwarming tale of growing up and becoming an adult, while trying to deal with the hardships that come with it, couldn't come near of scratching the deeper themes this movie has. With a breakthrough performance by Greta Gerwig, this movie may not be for everyone, but it's worth a shot. Can't say I, who, as the protagonist, pursue a risky career, don't see myself in a situation or another like those in here.

8.0/10
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A thrilling and stylish blockbuster. I thought pretty much every aspect of the production was a step up from the original. The world was stylishly-built with lavish production design and costumes. Effects and cinematography were top notch for a film of this budget. The score boasted new themes and kept continuity with the previous installment, which was great. Acting was incredible, direction was very solid. I loved the supporting cast of characters this time around--Jena Malone and Sam Claflin did great jobs, but I loved Wiress and Beetee's performances. They added a quirk that felt just right for the film.

The arena scenes were fantastic, if a little rushed. Pacing was probably the only problem with the film, but even that was slight. Still very enjoyable! The only other thing I felt this film lacked in comparison to the original was a certain intensity. Overall, it was clear the stakes were higher, but I wasn't shaking during the countdown or bloodbath scene this time around like in THG. Also didn't show much blood, but what can you do. I'll attribute it to the deliberate pace, but still the time spent in the arena was excellent. Loved the ending, with Katniss being lifted into the air.

8.5/10
    imageimageimage
    edited December 2013
    I've started watching the Star Wars movies (I have never seen them) :P.
    The first one I watched was number 1, because I want to save the best for last.

So here are some quick pro's and con's on Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

Pro's:

The sets were mindblowing
    The detail in some of the creatures was very impressive
    A lot of story; good pacing
    Most actors gave good performances (loved Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman in particular)

Con's:
    The Windows Movie Maker scene transitions
    The race and drones in shield scenes looked like scenes out of a pixar movie
    Some of the sword fighting in the beginning looked really lame
    The fact that the crew returns to Naboo with anything but Anakin kinda makes 70% of the movie useless (I know he's going to play a big part, but the scenes in the Capital were really unneccessary)
    Anakin was fine until the climax, but then when he was in his plane he started to annoy the shit out of me
    Jar Jar was also really annoying

Rating:
    Around 4.5/10
    I understand the mentality, but you should've started with the originals. Watching the prequels afterward makes more sense because you can judge the connections a lot better and it makes you appreciate the originals more. :P

Also, the transitions are like that throughout all six movies. lol
    imageimageimage
    aaron said:

I understand the mentality, but you should've started with the originals. Watching the prequels afterward makes more sense because you can judge the connections a lot better and it makes you appreciate the originals more. :P

You know, I kinda agree with Jordy on this, as myself, when Star Wars III came out, watched it, and then for the first time, went to watch the original trilogy. Damn, was it good.

Besides, it's basically a turnoff, to watch such an original trilogy, then go watch the shitty Phantom Menace.

aaron said:

Oh really xD? To me that made the movie feel a bit like a home video.
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    George Lucas just really loves his wipe effects. You get used to them. I can't imagine the films without them.
    imageimage
    Yeah. It's somewhat amateurish but definitely something you get used to. :P
    imageimageimage
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    I watch Castle (S5 E15) and since i'm watching that the first time i'm little disappointed
    Not about the story that was a good episode, lot of suspense etc... but please please when actors should been in paris try to use good FX (in french i have to said that the FX was "à chier" )
    just for this 6/10
    imageimage
    Been in a vibe of gritty character studies, here they are:

Martha Marcy May Marlene

A tense yet intimate study of a young woman's paranoia, after escaping an abusive cult. Great performances all around (specially, although the obvious star here is Elizabeth Olsen, in a beautiful breakthrough role, proving she has infinitely more acting chops than her two older sisters combined, I dare say. The ending may be a bummer, but after you give it some thought, you will see how well it worked within the idea of the movie, and it will stick in your mind for days long, I guarantee.

8.5/10

---

What Richard Did

Okay, now this was a real surprise. The story can be spoiled without much harm: a handsome, alpha-male kid, with a possible bright future, does something real bad in a drunken night. The show, however, comes after that, an even more intimate character study of a spoiled kid, facing the worst of feelings, amidst guilt, rage, and a possible search for redemption. Again, the ending here is a bummer too, but in contrast to MMMM, doesn't work that well in favoring the story, feeling more like a lack of closure, from the writer.

But, above all, this movie is a one-man show, and it's all Jack Reynor. The guy really proves himself as a promising thespian, bringing all the elements I've said above without making it look hard. And what baffles me most is that, out of all people, it was Michael Bay who gave a real chance for him to break out in Hollywood. Mark my words: next year or 2015, tops, Reynor is gonna be another Hollywood hotshot.
    Oh yeah, I forgot the grade for What Richard Did: 8.0.
    I saw American Hustle. It wasn't bad but it also wasn't great in my opinion. The cast is just one of the best I've seen in terms of performances. I think Jennifer is definitely on her way to her 2nd Oscar. As for the film itself, I've never been a huge fan of films that involve a high level of crime and this is really what American Hustle is all about. I found it really hard to follow as well, it's quite plot heavy. It's definitely a great effort by David O. Russel though, it was just not my type of film.

7/10