Home Books
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Are the movies as good as the books??

1235»

Comments

• AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only read the first two books, they got a bit too long for me after that. Films are good tho'.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I see this thread title I think of Family Guy movie titles in a movie- "Is this AS GOOD AS IT GETS??"
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in your case? Apparently not. Calling someone a 'knucklehead' is exactly what you are against. Name calling.
    He was saying something in response to me talking about how I'm finding it increasingly difficult to keep coming back. I don't think he was actually calling you a knuckle head, but of course you blow it out of proportion and act like he's calling you a rotting platypus cunt.
    Well, he may as well be. Who else gives you a hard time? I'm one of the few who would dare respond in a debate with you, without saying 'this'

Lord Stafford.
    Im an auror because I have over 40,000 posts? Why thank you sunshine, that is a reason but there is more to it
    Well, in your case? Apparently not. Calling someone a 'knucklehead' is exactly what you are against. Name calling.

Lord Stafford.
    Yes, and I did not call you a knucklehead. I was refferring to people who give Bane a hard time, and describing them as knuckleheads, which is the nicest description there is.

Who else gives Bane a 'hard time' then?

Lord Stafford.
    Im an auror because I have over 40,000 posts? Why thank you sunshine, that is a reason but there is more to it

Lord Stafford.
    OH MY GOD IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE lol. Name calling? Stafford if I do recall correctly you've called many a twat over the years. Don't be so bitter to other members now that you had youre mod privileges taken away. I think on the grand scheme of things the word twat carries more weight than knucklehead...lol.
    I'm 'bitter' because of the the fact that i myself am having a 'hard time' at the moment.

Looking for work, and not finding it. Looking for work, and not finding it. Looking for work, and not finding it. I'm sure once i find it, i'll be less of a...

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    OH MY GOD IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE lol. Name calling? Stafford if I do recall correctly you've called many a twat over the years. Don't be so bitter to other members that you had your mod privileges taken away. I think on the grand scheme of things the word twat carries more weight than knucklehead...lol.
    Dont forget WOOD ;)
    Yes, of course. I called you 'wood' How very silly of me. So, unless your name is 'wood' be it Oliver Wood or just wood, i suggest you understand it's meaning before bringing it up.

Lord Stafford.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod

Lord Stafford.
    Yes, and I did not call you a knucklehead. I was refferring to people who give Bane a hard time, and describing them as knuckleheads, which is the nicest description there is.

Who else gives Bane a 'hard time' then?

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

OH MY GOD IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE lol. Name calling? Stafford if I do recall correctly you've called many a twat over the years. Don't be so bitter to other members now that you had youre mod privileges taken away. I think on the grand scheme of things the word twat carries more weight than knucklehead...lol.
    I'm 'bitter' because of the the fact that i myself am having a 'hard time' at the moment.

Looking for work, and not finding it. Looking for work, and not finding it. Looking for work, and not finding it. I'm sure once i find it, i'll be less of a...

Lord Stafford.
    Staff, you shouldn't take your anger out on us because your not the only one who is dealing with things right now. We've all got problems and this is why you should come to chat in order to vent and get things off your mind. You cant let bad stuff sit in your mind too long without getting it out, it will eat you up inside. Sadly I'm one of the types that holds everything in but sometimes I vent. Rarely but sometimes. But if you ever need anyone to talk to just pm me man. Just dont take it out on HPF'ers haha. Everyones sassy and defensive these days. :3
    I didn't use it as an excuse. I Just explained what was going through my head.

Lord Stafford.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't use it as an excuse. I Just explained what was going through my head.

Lord Stafford.
    It seems... In your anger... You killed her!

"If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Lord Stafford.
  • No. Not at all, but you can't really blame the people who made them. The books were way to long and awesome to fit all that detail into a movie. That's why I'm glad they did the last book in two parts.

I think the worst one was definitely Prisoner of Azkaban though. They changed so much and didn't even include the fact that Remus, Sirius, Peter, and James were Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail, and Prongs. And then in the next movie, suddenly everyone's calling Peter, 'Wormtail' and anybody who hasn't read the books first is like..."What?"
    From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: she landed on the office floor, bounded once across the room, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded, he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

"After all this time?"

"Always," said Snape.
    How could POA possibly be the worst one? It is often considered the best.

Lord Stafford.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.
    Because of "book changes"

:-w
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Deathly Hallows movie is better than the Deathly Hallows film whereas the Deathly Hallows novel is a better book-film than the Deathly Hallows novel-movie.

Lord Stafford.
    Because of "book changes"

:-w
    And yet, there have been far worse 'book changes' in other Potter films.

Lord Stafford.
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    edited April 2012
    I've been reading DH again 8-| :D and just finished their escape from the Ministry and I think I like what they did with the movie better. The movie part with Umbridge and when Harry tells her you must not tell lies was great. And Ron as Cattermole was better in the movie. Although I do wish Harry would have taken Mad Eye's eye like he did in the book.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I just wish they hadn't included that dumb kiss

Lord Stafford.
    I'm just guessing here, this is a bit far fetched, but maybe they have a different view/opinion of it.
    Well, yes. That i know.

Lord Stafford.
  • Absolutely not. The movies were phenomenal in their own right but the books were infinitely better. There was far too much left out in the movies are far too much changed (ie. OOTP and POA). I understand that for cinematic purposes things needed to be left out and changed but as far as OOTP goes and what not there was just too much left out. Too many unanswered questions (for people who haven't read the books ie. my friends lol)