Home Books
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Are the movies as good as the books??

Comments

• AratronAratron Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Also not quite sure what your claymation argument even... means. Like I don't know what you're trying to say there.
    It's just me saying I've heard that argument before, I really don't have anything against it. It's just I still feel they could of done it better, I dunno. Not really a film person...hardcore gamer :p
    Aaron is the animation decent? I've always wanted to watch them but haven't got around to it : /
    Yep it actually is pretty decent.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. - C. S. Lewis
  • BaneBane Posts: 9,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Really, Bane? What was this about me forcing my opinion across? When, that curiously enough, appears to be what you are doing. That isn't an opinion, what you just expressed. It was arrogance.
    yeah I'm not sure I where you're getting this stuff from. I just know M that my days on HPF are becoming grossly O limited-- which should please more I than a few of you. Almost every time I make a post someone twists my words around for M whatever reason, it's just not a very good atmosphere O for adult conversation, IMO. I think some of you are great to talk to, but it's getting to where I find myself re-reading posts that I'm about to submit just to make sure that they're Stafford-approved, or Morse-approved, etc. and frankly I have much better things to do with my time. In my opinion.
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "...In my opinion..."

Made my day, @Bane.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Bane has the right idea here.
    imageimageimage
    "...In my opinion..."

Made my day, @Bane.
    I have to keep telling myself that there are great people to talk to here. I just need to figure out how to ignore things.
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, we need an ignore button. image
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, Bane? What was this about me forcing my opinion across? When, that curiously enough, appears to be what you are doing. That isn't an opinion, what you just expressed. It was arrogance.

Lord Stafford.
    Accept that my opinion is correct or I will Columbine your ass! /sarcasm

I don't see his post as forcing his opinion on Aratron.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

Lord Stafford.

I didn't really see it either, and my opinion is more important than @Stafford if he's targeting me, besides @Bane has my PM now. Before that he didn't know why I reasoning behind not seeing DH2, I really couldn't care less at that point because I know a lot of people would be as confused if not more.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. - C. S. Lewis
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,701 mod
    yeah I'm not sure I where you're getting this stuff from. I just know M that my days on HPF are becoming grossly O limited-- which should please more I than a few of you. Almost every time I make a post someone twists my words around for M whatever reason, it's just not a very good atmosphere O for adult conversation, IMO. I think some of you are great to talk to, but it's getting to where I find myself re-reading posts that I'm about to submit just to make sure that they're Stafford-approved, or Morse-approved, etc. and frankly I have much better things to do with my time. In my opinion.
    Bane, you know I really enjoy 99.9% of your posts. You are a great addition to the forum. Im glad you are here and sad to think that others are skrewing the fun for you. But please do your best to ignore the knuckle heads. I know you can.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you get it? I'm not asking you to put 'In my opinion' at the end of each sentence. I'm merely telling you to stop accusing me of forcing my opinion across. When the closest thing i've ever got to doing so is what i quoted from you. It works both ways.

Lord Stafford.
    Hm, we need an ignore button. image
    No, we don't. Try and ignore me. That will do it.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

I didn't really see it either, and my opinion is more important than @Stafford if he's targeting me, besides @Bane has my PM now. Before that he didn't know why I reasoning behind not seeing DH2, I really couldn't care less at that point because I know a lot of people would be as confused if not more.
    Huh? What is this?

Lord Stafford.
    Bane, you know I really enjoy 99.9% of your posts. You are a great addition to the forum. Im glad you are here and sad to think that others are skrewing the fun for you. But please do your best to ignore the knuckle heads. I know you can.
    And you're an Auror. Clearly, it has everything to do with how many posts you have. As subtlety isn't your strongest subject.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Huh? What is this?

Lord Stafford.
    Honestly, I think the main problem here is since it's the internet and people generally get into a fairly heated debate, people come off slightly...arrogant? Regardless of the side of debate. Anyways, as for what THAT was about, it was about the fact since you came off arrogant from pointing something out that was somewhat meaningless I thought that I was more important since @Bane was targeting me specifically but since you aren't being arrogant and just simply made yourself seem in-advertantly so my point was pointless. I think the main problem here is, it's not really an even debate, it kind of is but there's more people into the films rather than the books, at least ones who argue for the books > films. I'm not really a confrontational person so I don't go completely out of my way for an argument (which the rest of you do) the worst I do is just be confusing.
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Internet Fights...

They are more fun if you just do it and forget about it. It doesn't have to be personal.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

edited February 2012
    And you're an Auror. Clearly, it has everything to do with how many posts you have. As subtlety isn't your strongest subject.

Lord Stafford.

Im an auror because I have over 40,000 posts? Why thank you sunshine, that is a reason but there is more to it :D
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im an auror because I have over 40,000 posts? Why thank you sunshine, that is a reason but there is more to it
    Well, in your case? Apparently not. Calling someone a 'knucklehead' is exactly what you are against. Name calling.

Lord Stafford.
    Well, in your case? Apparently not. Calling someone a 'knucklehead' is exactly what you are against. Name calling.
    He was saying something in response to me talking about how I'm finding it increasingly difficult to keep coming back. I don't think he was actually calling you a knuckle head, but of course you blow it out of proportion and act like he's calling you a rotting platypus cunt.
    Im an auror because I have over 40,000 posts? Why thank you sunshine, that is a reason but there is more to it

Lord Stafford.
    Yes, and I did not call you a knucklehead. I was refferring to people who give Bane a hard time, and describing them as knuckleheads, which is the nicest description there is.

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    edited February 2012

Lord Stafford.
    OH MY GOD IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE lol. Name calling? Stafford if I do recall correctly you've called many a twat over the years. Don't be so bitter to other members now that you had youre mod privileges taken away. I think on the grand scheme of things the word twat carries more weight than knucklehead...lol.
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T**T

:-w
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.

Lord Stafford.
    OH MY GOD IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE lol. Name calling? Stafford if I do recall correctly you've called many a twat over the years. Don't be so bitter to other members that you had your mod privileges taken away. I think on the grand scheme of things the word twat carries more weight than knucklehead...lol.
    Dont forget WOOD ;)
    edited February 2012

Lord Stafford.
    OH MY GOD IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE lol. Name calling? Stafford if I do recall correctly you've called many a twat over the years. Don't be so bitter to other members that you had your mod privileges taken away. I think on the grand scheme of things the word twat carries more weight than knucklehead...lol.
    Dont forget WOOD ;)
    No kidding. The Hypocrisy on HPF is ridiculous. It's the main reason I joined COS forums to get away from all the arguing, the fighting, and the nonsense on HPF. I hate checking threads anymore because theres always some sort of argument going on.

COS is too dull for my taste. The arguments get old but I can get past that I guess. Sometimes I just know when an argument is coming and get a bag of popcorn at the ready.
    COS is too dull for my taste. The arguments get old but I can get past that I guess. Sometimes I just know when an argument is coming and get a bag of popcorn at the ready.
    lmao I'm just there to whore out my youtube channel mwoohaha >:)

but in all seriousness look at this thread...Another one ruined by the same nonsense. No wonder new members join and dont continue posting...when they see this nonsense.
    You.Whore.

lmfao though, so true. Every thread gets derailed one dayor another. I wonder if there isa pattern hmm...
    edited February 2012
    You.Whore.

lmfao though, so true. Every thread gets derailed one dayor another. I wonder if there isa pattern hmm...
    There is a pattern lmfao. You know it. I know it. We all know it. lmao. ;)
  • @RyGuy .. yeah, I just joined yesterday, and I'm seeing all this stupid arguing and it's making me not want to post an opinion in fear of getting my ass reamed out by the one person that DOES seem to blow everything out of proportion. I'm not sure if I'll be staying around much longer if that's all this is ... I just wanted to talk about Harry Potter, but all this is is arguing ... just sayin : )
    :-?
    I get it!
    Mysterious thing time.
    @RyGuy .. yeah, I just joined yesterday, and I'm seeing all this stupid arguing and it's making me not want to post an opinion in fear of getting my ass reamed out by the one person that DOES seem to blow everything out of proportion. I'm not sure if I'll be staying around much longer if that's all this is ... I just wanted to talk about Harry Potter, but all this is is arguing ... just sayin : )
    Please stay around lol. If anyone messes with you they will have to answer with me, and that is a promise.

SEE FOLKS. This post makes my point. It isn't the end of Potter that is making people not want to join in on discussions...it is the fact that theres a fight every other day. Who wants to join a forum full of negativity?
    @GPotter420

What Ry said. Post any opinions you have but please stick around. As I told Bane ignore the knuckleheads lol, just try to enjoy the forum. Have fun!
    Yeah, stay. This place is really great. It's like a second life really. We're all pretty close.
    Mysterious thing time.
  • Oh, I'm definitely going to stick around .. I can't lie, sometimes the arguing is funny. But not on every single thread, about every single topic. But thanks for making the newbie to this feel welcome lol. ;)
    Oh, I'm definitely going to stick around .. I can't lie, sometimes the arguing is funny. But not on every single thread, about every single topic. But thanks for making the newbie to this feel welcome lol. ;)
    You're welcome. You're a cool newbie, so it's easy.
    Mysterious thing time.
    edited February 2012
    @RyGuy @Richard luckily for you me and @silverarrowgriffin are used to fights from that other site we come from. I actually used to be involved in every BIG issue that came up and for the most part, ran circles around people who couldn't keep up. Honestly I think I ran circles around coon when he came in chat several days ago especially because he got me confused with @aaron lmao. Since this is a forum it's more difficult to run around in circles but unlike a chat I think I can more easily avoid them since I know what I'm doing. :p
    you're all

butt holes
    @Bane what did I do? o.o
    L-)
    Mysterious thing time.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're all

butt holes
    @Bane what did I do? o.o
    you said my mom so fat she look like Kool-Aid man
  • AbhishekAbhishek Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm definitely going to stick around .. I can't lie, sometimes the arguing is funny. But not on every single thread, about every single topic. But thanks for making the newbie to this feel welcome lol. ;)
    @GPotter420 - Do stick around Lily! You will realize that this place is great despite all the negativity and in-fighting. You may hate the fighting, you may love the discussions. You can't ignore HPF though. You will get addicted. Based on a true story lmfao. >:)

Oh and I also think you have the potential to become the next great member if you do stick around. It shows in your posts. :)

"You were meant to find the forum. In which case we were also meant to have you. And that is an encouraging thought." :)
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GPotter420 - Do stick around Lily! You will realize that this place is great despite all the negativity and in-fighting. You may hate the fighting, you may love the discussions. You can't ignore HPF though. You will get addicted. Based on a true story lmfao. >:)

Oh and I also think you have the potential to become the next great member if you do stick around. It shows in your posts. :)

"You were meant to find the forum. In which case we were also meant to have you. And that is an encouraging thought." :)
    WTF USING A LOTR QUOTE TO KEEP SOMEONE ON A HP FORUM?!

C'mon Abhi, you can do better! :p
  • AbhishekAbhishek Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭✭
    Ooops didn't think of that lol. :))
    Um...I dunno which HP quote to use though? :-??
    "The ones we love, never truly leave us."

We love you Lily. So...
    You should never truly leave us...

:D
    Mysterious thing time.
  • HessHess Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly though this thread was doomed from the get go, this is an opinion that can't be swayed. The answer to me is no. Because I like books better in general. The end. No more posty thread thread [-X
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• ha, thanks everyone!! Love both of those quotes, by the way :D
    I think the Deathly Hallows movie is better than the Deathly Hallows film whereas the Deathly Hallows novel is a better book-film than the Deathly Hallows novel-movie.
    I think the Deathly Hallows movie is better than the Deathly Hallows film whereas the Deathly Hallows novel is a better book-film than the Deathly Hallows novel-movie.
    I thought you didn't like Christopher Nolan?

Well you know, flamingos and snapping turtles.