Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

YOUR FAVORITE TRANSITIONAL SHOT IN THE FRANCHISE?

starlstarl Posts: 120
edited February 2011 in General
My absolute favorite part of DH1 is the moment just after nagini lunges at the camera after Charity Burbages death!

The sound of distant screams, agony, dispair and the shot of Dumbledore plunging to his death

Its very very subtle, but i just love the way it was executed, sinister, haunting, reflective....

One of the best transitions moments in the series!

Comments

• Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought some of the newspaper ones in ootp were cool
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The Tale of the Three Brothers, the way Xeno looks out of a window and a black bird flies by, one of it's feathers falling softly upon the lake and then it transforms into the story.

Post edited by Jason on
  • dobby_freak19dobby_freak19 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    "Harry and Hermione" to "School" In HBP
    The contrast of ron and lavender and then draco all alone with the camera circling the tower was gorgeous and artistic
    Hope you like it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    The Tale of the Three Brothers, the way Xeno looks out of a window and a black bird flies by, one of it's feathers falling softly into the lake and then it transforms into the story.

I agree with this. It's one of my favorite scenes in the movie.
  • stinkastinka Posts: 495
    "Harry and Hermione" to "School" In HBP
    The contrast of ron and lavender and then draco all alone with the camera circling the tower was gorgeous and artistic
    i agree with this one....
  • SlanteeSlantee Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭
    The transitional shot in HBP where the camera moves from Harry/Hermoine crying, to Ron/Lavender kissing, to Draco on the Astronomy Tower. I fell in love with the camera work.
  • GinaCGinaC Posts: 828 ✭✭
    One of my faves is in SS when Harry releases Hedwig in the courtyard (just after the Mirror of Erised talk with Dumbledore). LOVE the music, and it's so cute to see Harry not much bigger than the owl. I know it's a sappy scene, but I love it!
  • VinceVince Posts: 292
    I liked the Nagini scene in DH1, and the scene in HBP as we go from Harry and Hermione to Ron and Lavender, to Draco. Loved that one. Really artistic. It's probably my favourite, actually.
  • greggreg Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Mine is in Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry is with Lupin in the forest and left Hedwig fly and suddenly it's snowing (because it was now winter) and Harry look at the people who left the castle for hogsmead at the top of the clock tower
  • GinaCGinaC Posts: 828 ✭✭
    Mine is in Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry is with Lupin in the forest and left Hedwig fly and suddenly it's snowing (because it was now winter) and Harry look at the people who left the castle for hogsmead at the top of the clock tower
    Me too! It's very similar to the one I chose in SS. :)