Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DH Part 2 Rumored added scenes

halfbloodprincefilmhalfbloodprincefilm Posts: 432
edited December 2011 in General
This is from IMDB and CoS Forums. I dunno if this is legit or not but it is real it sounds cool to me:

Added scene where Nagini is thrashing around in the Entrance Hall, attacking students. Hermione and Ron try to stop her and she lunges for them, and chases them down a corridor.

Nagini attacks Neville, blurring his vision (POV shot), she wraps himself around him and Neville reaches for the sword and kills her.

The Voldemort/Harry chase - big chase between V and H, V binds H, H sets fire to V’s robes

Voldemort throws Wormtail out of a window.

Giants use Quidditch goalposts as weapons

Nigel is killed, Neville cradles his body

Voldemort kicks dead bodies aside, Great Hall tables turned in to stetchers for injured and dead

The diadem is destroyed, Harry collpases and has a vision of Voldemort in the boathouse

Lucius, Voldemort and Snape present in Boathouse

Hermione battles Greyback(after attacking Lavender), Neville battles Snatchers(after attacking students)

Hagrid carries Harry’s body across the bridge

Final scene: Harry, with Ron and Hermione holding hands, on bridge look upon the ruins of Hogwarts, H: “It’s been a long journey”, R: “Can’t say it’s been boring though, mate”

The Prince’s Tale

Snape visits Potter’s house, approaches baby Harry, and cries.

Snape and Lily scenes, including laying down together near a river watching the sky, playing by the Great Lake at the Boathouse, rejecting him in a Hogwarts corridor, young Petunia, young Sirius, young James, young Lupin all present in script

Gringotts plays out largely like the book, with multiplying burning gold/ cups / etc
Post edited by Brian on

Comments

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Already posted.
    imageimageimage
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep
  • BaneBane Posts: 9,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Harry and Voldemort chase? Ehhh, not sure I believe this.
    Also that dialogue between Harry and Ron during the ending is terrible. Really hope most of this is just bullshit.
  • thanks, I had not seen these rumours, where they were first posted?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• halfbloodprincefilmhalfbloodprincefilm Posts: 432
    edited February 2011
    @aaron & wolf_potter: oh sorry haven't saw the earlier post about this. :))

@superpotterfan: i haven't seen these rumors too. i first saw them in imdb.

Regarding the battle/chase scene between Harry and Voldemort, i hope it's real so that it would have added to a climatic showdown.
  • Some sound good,but probably isn,t real,I am a bit worried thiough the bit there with Neville and Nagini it doesn,t mention the sorting hat
    Honestly the thing with the sorting hat was kind of dumb and implausible and wouldn't work well on film. Unless they do it in a different manner I'll be okay if it's excised.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also that dialogue between Harry and Ron during the ending is terrible. Really hope most of this is just bullshit.
    It deffo is terrible, but it's probs true, unfortunately.

Lord Stafford.

• Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    @aaron & wolf_potter: oh sorry haven't saw the earlier post about this. :)).
    No problem dude :D

• GinaCGinaC Posts: 828 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Some sound good,but probably isn,t real,I am a bit worried thiough the bit there with Neville and Nagini it doesn,t mention the sorting hat
    Exactly! How will Neville get the sword otherwise, as the Goblins have it? I absolutely loved Neville pulling it out of the Sorting Hat, and I would be PISSED if they change it! I think we should take a lot of this with a major grain of salt.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember a tweet a LONG LONG time ago from warwick davis during the time they were filming the battle scenes that said something like getting into my griphook costume to go to hogwarts. my theroy is griphook will go to hogwarts and give the sword over?
    Half of it maybe.
    imageimageimage
    yes it was cool that the majority of it was true a great end to a great franchise :)
    But Harry doesn't set fire to Voldemort's robes, nor does Ron have that dialogue on the bridge, nor does Snape have a scene with Lily at the Boathouse and get rejected in a corridor in TPT.
    imageimageimage
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think that Voldemort throwing Wormtail out of a window and Nigel dying could have happened but just cut...
  • CarneCarne Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭
    Matthew Lewis said he carried a dead boy, but that was cut. Could have been Nigel.
  • FireflyFirefly Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭
    It was Nigel.
    image image
  • BraveheartBraveheart Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭
    But Harry doesn't set fire to Voldemort's robes, nor does Ron have that dialogue on the bridge, nor does Snape have a scene with Lily at the Boathouse and get rejected in a corridor in TPT.
    I think he did, but they cut him escaping from Voldemort in the "Why do you live" deleted moment. Notice the flicker of flames in the background and coming from beneath.
    I think he did, but they cut him escaping from Voldemort in the "Why do you live" deleted moment. Notice the flicker of flames in the background and coming from beneath.
    Yikes, that's a nice catch. Hmm, that's good. Very good. Why did they cut that? Maybe it still didn't fit like the 'Why do you live' line?
    imageimageimage
    That would've been an epic shot.

I still can't get over how they had Voldemort physically beat Harry. One of the best changes in the films. It makes him seem so desperate.
    image image
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still can't get over how they had Voldemort physically beat Harry. One of the best changes in the films. It makes him seem so desperate.
    Agreed, it's so great to watch. And it sounds great too, loll, I mean, that slap sounded like it hurt a shitload! :p

Agreed, it's so great to watch. And it sounds great too, loll, I mean, that slap sounded like it hurt a shitload! :p
    I'm surprised no Saw comments were made. :P
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they cut that in favour of Molly and Bellatrix's talent show? (*)
    talent show what did i miss?
  • Toini01Toini01 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    A few look fake but Nagel's death would have been soo great.

Like during a battle scene, you can see the trio running and walking just past Nigel without even seeing him to show how cruel war is, that kids aren't saved and that, as sad as it is, they just don't have time to stop and cry in front of each persons' body.
    "Where it all started... "
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "It all ends here... "
    Displaying their highly choreographed dueling skills in turn. :)
    lol oh that yea i would have liked to see Voldermort on fire as oppossed to the Bellatrix Vs Molly Scene.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was Nigel.
    How do you know?
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't expected people to agree on that. :) I was never a fan of the duel in the first place, but it's placement in the film made it only worse by detracting from Voldemort and Harry and thus rendering it completely useless from a storytelling POV. Le sigh...Luckily, we got a sufficient climax afterwards.
    lol oh that yea i would have liked to see Voldermort on fire as oppossed to the Bellatrix Vs Molly Scene.
    I thought you loved Bellatrix and that was one of your #1 anticipated scenes?
    imageimageimage
    it was BEFORE i heard about the Voldermort gets set on fire scene!!! Damm that would have been Epic.
    It was Nigel.
    How do you know?
    Interviews.
    image image
  • Festax0333Festax0333 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (~~)
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    :))
  • GinaCGinaC Posts: 828 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, something was cut. They showed Voldy tying Harry up and then we never saw how he got out of that.

I don't think Molly-Bellatrix should have been cut, but it wasn't done properly, unfortunately.
    yea if you watch closely it looks like Voldermort just releases him once he starts beating the hell out of him.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep looking and I don't see anything. What shot specifically?
  • Toini01Toini01 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    I keep looking and I don't see anything. What shot specifically?
    When Voldemort beats Harry, if you look closely at the bottom of the shot, you'll see a bit of yellow light acting like fire light. Certainly some of Voldemort set up on fire.
    "Where it all started... "
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "It all ends here... "
    It also makes sense that there might have been a scene of young Snape and Lily at the boathouse. They said they wanted to make his death a location that was more romantic, and what better placement than a place where a childhood memory of his favourite person played out? But we already know they cut or in some cases never filmed scenes from the script with regards to the Prince's Tale.
    that would have been EPIC.