Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

What Questions do you have about the series?

AlonseRAlonseR Posts: 19
edited October 2008 in General
I have many questions and in no particular order;

1. If Voldemort killed Lily Potter in front of Harry, surely that counts as witnessing death so he would have been able to see the Thestrals from the 1st year or perhaps the 2nd when they ride in the carriages?

2. Nobody knows what a Boggart looks like yet when Moody is in Grimmauld Place he can see inside the dresser and would be able to describe it. Nobody in the book asks him what it looks like and I for one would be interested in knowing what it looks like.

3. What house was Hagrid in?

4. Did Molly Weasley use Avada Kevadra on Bellatrix Lestrange or did she not die at all......I would have killed her :)

5. At the end of the 7th book, chapter '19 Years Later' it mentions Tonk's and Lupin's son Teddy being on Platform 9 and 3/4 yet he would have been at least 18/19 making him too old for Hogwarts. Should he be there or am I missing something?

6. Whatever became of Neville's Parents? Did they become better or was their condition irreversible?

7. Did Harry become an Auror?

8. What happened to the Dursleys? Dudley would have made a great Beater!

9. Did Grawp defeat the giants he was fighting? I hope he did cos Grawp rocks!

10. In the Goblet of Fire when Harry is duelling Voldemort and Priori Incantatem happens. Why, when Voldemort's past spells come out, are they only Killing Curses, surely he would have used some other spells in between. AND....If I'm right in thinking, Wormtail used Voldemort's wand to kill Cedric then why didn't Bertha Jorkins appear before Harry's parents. She was killed by Voldemort or on Voldemort's orders and since Wormtail didn't have a wand, he would have used Voldemort's.....

And finally.....

11. How the hell do you kill a Dementor?

Comments

• Wilbo421Wilbo421 Posts: 1,157
    1. The death has to have sunken in. Yes, Lily died in front of Harry, but he couldn't possibly have had the slightest clue as to what had just happened. Plus, it's worth noting Harry was in his cot. He didn't actually see Lily die, he just saw a green flash. I really think it depends on what you can/can't remember. Like, say somebody could see thestrals cause they'd witnessed someone die and then they had an accident which caused them to loose there memory. Including their memory of that death. So they would no longer be able to see the thestrals. Well that's my understanding of it anyway.

2. Yes, Moody does see it in it's true form. I don't think Moody would have told them even if they'd asked, anyway, for some reason : /

3. I can't remember if it was ever explicitley stated, but cause Hagrid once seemed pleased when it was said that Hufflepuff had won a certain quidditch match, I think we all just assume he was in Hufflepuff.

4. I don't know for sure, but I think so. And Bella is definitley dead.

5. Teddy was there because Bill and Fleur's daughter, Victoire, was his girlfriend. He was just seeing her off. And he's 19 in the prologue.

6. I don't know if anything was said, but I would say it's safe to assume their condition was irreversible. Too much damage was done, more than likely.

7. Yes, he became head of the Auror department at the Ministry of Magic

8. What, after the story or during the events of Hallows? The latter, I don't know exactly, but afterwards, Harry and his family were on "Christmas card terms" with Dudley and his family, and he visited them every now and again, something his kids dreaded.

9. Probably, but I don't know.

10. Only the victims the wand has claimed emerge from the wand. No one alive would come out of the wand. As for the Bertha Jorkins part, I'm not sure.

11. Kiss it back? I dunno, lol
  • kiss it back lmao thats a good one, i dont really know any of the answers FOR SURE so im nt going to comment.
  • question no.8 , wilbo how do you know this? as well as about harry becoming the auror?
  • one more question.... its probably already been answered somewhere and i feel that i should know this but im just not sure!
    - in the deathly hallows, harry dies and goes into that kind of limbo place where he speaks to dumbledore;

what is the crying baby thing under the chair? harry says he finally understands what it is but doesnt say.

is it the 7th horcrux? the voldemort part of harry that is dying? if so why is it a small child... shouldnt it be a baby... since the horcrux would have gone in him when voldemort tried to kill him at the age of 1?

or is this completely the wrong answer?
    It's Voldemort. Or what's left of his soul. It's completely mutilated and twisted beyond recognition because that's how he treated his soul and that's what his soul was now like. Completely screwed, in otherwords.
  • ahh ok... gross
    Yes, horrific. I hope they include and do it justice in the movie. Anything close to how he was in GoF as that baby/foetus thing would be brilliant.