Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

So Hermione's Hands...

BraveheartBraveheart Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in General
I know it's a bit early to say, but it's an ominous sign all the same. Really, WB? I mean REALLY?! Now even looking at Ron his injury has been severely toned down.

If this really is the work of WB (the trailer will tell) then my thoughts are that DH part 1 at the very least will be getting a PG rating. Assuming all those dead bodies aren't edited out too.

Comments

• jonny7003jonny7003 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    If they do edit them out, i think the whole fandom should come together and storm WB headquarters.
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    No doubt the bodies will be edited out next. WB will go for a U / G rating to bring in more cash. Hopefully it's just a case of toning it down for the trailer but I guess we'll see.
  • BraveheartBraveheart Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭
    Y'know the thing that gets me, is that there is really no logic behind it whatsoever. The movie would make even more money if it was PG-13, because it would attract a much wider audience.

The movie is going to make loads of money anyway, so I don't see what is achieved by editing out the more intense parts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,605 ✭✭
    it could even just be toned down for USA today well see when the actual trialer gets here
    THE COON HAS RETURNED
    dream_loudly (now known as THE COON)
    protecting HPF from trolls and other assorted douchebags since 2010

"such a beautiful place...to be with friends. Dobby is happy..... to be with his friend......Harry Potter"

:(

screw u XDMorsmordreXD
    edited June 2010
    It's been toned down for the Daily Mail too.
    *gridning teeth* OK LET ME REPRHASE

IT COULD EVEN JUST BE TONED NOWN FOR NEWSPAPERS WELL SEE WHEN THE ACTUAL TRAILER GETS HERE
    THE COON HAS RETURNED

"such a beautiful place...to be with friends. Dobby is happy..... to be with his friend......Harry Potter"

screw u XDMorsmordreXD
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Dammit,im pissed about that we should do something to av
    even if it is edited in the trailer i am also invlved in a debate of this matter on ANOTHER site an a user OVER THERE has a theory that they are editing the trialer only making refrence to a claim he/she recalls hearing of kill bill trails containg too much blood i dont recall this claim myself but i nver paid attention to those films
    THE COON HAS RETURNED

screw u XDMorsmordreXD
    So hopefully,we see blood on her hands in the final product. Im gonna remember this wen i see the film!!!! But are we even sure this parts gonna be in today trailer?!?
    R:,)))
  • dashape80dashape80 Posts: 1,238
    Thats total BULLSHIT,if i see that in the trailer then IDK,my consetration on the rest of the trailer will fade....know wat i mean?!?
    R:,/
  • dashape80dashape80 Posts: 1,238
    I know what you mean Richard . . . Still, the lack of blood won't ruin the trailer for me but there's something about the blood on her hands that makes it seem MUCH more of a serious injury (more adult themed you know). I have to say that if they remove it from the film it might take away some of the impact or seriousness of the scene . . . guess we'll have to wait and see.
    well they do it all the time with language

trailer: its not just california its the whole world
    movie: its not just claifornia its the whole goddamn world thats gone to shit

mayb its kinda like that
    THE COON HAS RETURNED

screw u XDMorsmordreXD
    Ofcorse it will,but how can they take the blood off?!? If we ser a scene of her rubbing blood off ron,and we see the NeXT scene and she has no blood its a total mistake.......i just want the blood there,that will make it pg 13 and if its announced itll be pg,u have no idea how pissed ill be.....
    R:,$
    it wont be PG
    THE COON HAS RETURNED

screw u XDMorsmordreXD
    How sure ar
    it wont be pg b/c david heyman said so
    THE COON HAS RETURNED

screw u XDMorsmordreXD
    Alright,but if its pg(its still possible,WB can forc
    When did David Heyman ever say that?
    I think he did,he said he was "sure" it was gonna be pg13 but u never know....
    Well, that could always have been before WB decided they didn't like shots like the one of Hermione.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok well if they edited out the blood on hermoine,s hands why didnt they edit out the DEAD BODIES? surely seeing dead people scrawled across the ground would be far more intense than a little blood on someone,s hands.
    Chances are they might?

Then again, the bodies would be much harder to edit out, because they couldn't just have the bodies disappear when people are killed, could they?

And remember in HBP they removed people falling from a bridge, deeming it "too intense", but allowed there to be lots of blood in Sectumsempra. WB has no sense of logic.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    nicholas mannings totally right. I hope for our sake that it was just edited out for the newspapers, I wouldn't even mind that recolored dirt one as long as they're not white. I really really wanted Hermione to be caught red-handed (sorry if the lame pun didn't cheer you up. XD)
    imageimageimage
    lolol red handed i love it!!!
    Got that from Mugglenet, eh aaron? XD

Yeah I would rather we got the dirt version than this new one. It's far too clean. Although obviously I'd rather we had the bloody version. Apart from anything else the new one looks fake as hell, and comparing them to the other two pictures, there appears to be a chunk of Hermione's left thumb missing. :/
    I totally agree with u guys!!! They shoulda left ppl falling off the bridge it woulda been better....
    Haha Braveheart glad you noticed! :)
    imageimageimage
    well in 4.5 hours we should know for sure but i think the final product will be a very watered down version. im just sayin
    I actually like the third picture's COLORING the best (not too dark, not too light or saturated, but rich) except the blood is gone.
    imageimageimage
    in the movie there probably wont be blood at all and the bodies in the courtyard will be gone
    Lol,aaron,i knew u got it from mugglenet too,just didnt say it hahaha!!!!!!
    R:,)))
  • Pensieve SeekerPensieve Seeker Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone on one of the other boards (I forgot which one) stated that blood is usually edited out if the trailer is going to be attached to a PG rated movie.
    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Pottermore user name: SilverQuest212
  • decarusdecarus Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭
    I think it is still possible that Part 1 will be PG. I mean this splinching scene and George's ear is the only blood. I guess it depends on how scary some of the scenes are. Also if they show nudity in the silver doe scene which seems ridiculous and i hope they don't.