Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Favorite Part sin the movie, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

qaswerqaswer Posts: 3
edited July 2007 in Movies
There are always many parts in a movie which we watch again and again. Even I watch this movie for some specific parts which include
- the train
- sorting hat
- charms class
- fighting the troll
- forbidden forest
- getting past fluffy
- confronting voldemort
- ending ceremony
Which parts you like the most in this movie?

Comments

• whitemomowhitemomo Posts: 47
    Honestly I don't watch the movie for more than one time, I find most of the movies are insults to the book. Since you are talking about the first movie which falls on the crappy movie definition, I find no notable scene there.
  • abineshabinesh Posts: 84
    very true.. the 1st movie had not half the book and the director seemed to edit the story and change the story line to his whims and fancies...
    Well the directors always change the story but the the first one is really bad :)
    hmm .. if i had to mention some scene worth watching more than once then it is the climax... confronting voldemort... and the scene that i fast forward is fighting the troll...
    If I am not mistaken the scene where Hermione finished the potion obstacle is not filmed right?
    yeah.. thats correct !! its not filmed right...
  • the potion scene conundrum thing isn't filmed at all
  • I loved the train part! I would watch it again and again.
  • 3483534835 Posts: 7
    i like it when he nearly swallows the snitch i laugh because he nearly swallows his parents as in
    the 7 book his parents are in a ring in that snitch
  • richard trichard t Posts: 273
    MY FAVORITE SCENE IS THE CHESS SCENE.I DONT KNOW WHY I LIKE THAT SCENE SO MUCH.
  • hermione1hermione1 Posts: 7
    I like the same parts of the 1st one as qaswer does the books have more detail so there better but that's why they have split the deathly hallows into 2 parts so they can put more detail from the books into the film because it's the last one ;-)
  • BlackCatScottBlackCatScott Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

This.
  • JackardyJackardy Posts: 49
    I always watched the scene with the troll and the Quidditch match when i was a kid lol I think the thing that stand out the most in the first film is the music and the emotion of Hogwarts and how magical the world is
    Photobucket
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite scene is when Harry walks up to the Mirror of Erised and sees his mom and dad, but it's not just the scene, but the music to go with it. JW isn't my favorite composer, but some of the pieces he made with these 3 films just wow me so much.
    My favorite scene is when Harry walks up to the Mirror of Erised and sees his mom and dad, but it's not just the scene, but the music to go with it. JW isn't my favorite composer, but some of the pieces he made with these 3 films just wow me so much.

Yeah this is some of the best music from the film
    Photobucket
    Yep, starting right at the 3 minute mark till the end.
    Yep, starting right at the 3 minute mark till the end.
    I think it works so well because it has that soft and emotional tone, it doesn't try and make a huge thing that Harry's parents are in front of him if you know what I mean lol

Photobucket
    Yeah, I know what you mean. That music is right up there with A Window to the Past as my favorite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    The chess scene is my absolute favorite scene from SS.

But I also like the first scene when baby Harry gets left on the Dursley's step.
    The Mirror of Erised when Harry sees his parents.
    Detention in the Forest.
    The end when DD awards the last few points to the trio and Neville and the final scene when Harry says "I'm not going home. Not really."
  • XDMorsmordreXDXDMorsmordreXD Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Detention in the Forest.
    Truly a classic, iconic scene.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mysterious thing time.
  • blackvenomblackvenom Posts: 3,257
    edited June 2011
    PS is an all-time classic film, to me.

-Dumbledore, McGonagall and Hagrid talking about baby Harry
    -Letters in the Dursleys house
    -Hagrid's first appearance
    -Entering Diagon Alley
    -Mr.Ollivander
    -Platform 9 3/4
    -Traveling on Hogwarts Express
    -The boats on the Hogwarts Lake
    -The Sorting Hat/Great Hall feast
    -Snape's lesson
    -Fluffy's first appearance
    -Neville on the broom
    -Wingardium Leviosa
    -Troll in the dungeon
    -Quidditch Match
    -Mirror of Erised
    -Detention in the Forbidden Forest
    -The Chess Game
    -Harry confronting Quirrel/Voldemort
    -Points to Gryffindor!
    -Leaving Hogwarts

So many iconic scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭✭
    ^True, venom.

I love the scene where Hagrid first appears too.
  • CoolestGuyOnHPFCoolestGuyOnHPF Posts: 1,407
    Train Scene defo :)
  • tomnom94tomnom94 Posts: 504
    PS is an all-time classic film, to me.

-Dumbledore, McGonagall and Hagrid talking about baby Harry
    -Letters in the Dursleys house
    -Hagrid's first appearance
    -Entering Diagon Alley
    -Mr.Ollivander
    -Platform 9 3/4
    -Traveling on Hogwarts Express
    -The boats on the Hogwarts Lake
    -The Sorting Hat/Great Hall feast
    -Snape's lesson
    -Fluffy's first appearance
    -Neville on the broom
    -Wingardium Leviosa
    -Troll in the dungeon
    -Quidditch Match
    -Mirror of Erised
    -Detention in the Forbidden Forest
    -The Chess Game
    -Harry confronting Quirrel/Voldemort
    -Points to Gryffindor!
    -Leaving Hogwarts

So many iconic scenes.
    Pretty much all of it then :p
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't watch the movie for more than one time, I find most of the movies are insults to the book. Since you are talking about the first movie which falls on the crappy movie definition, I find no notable scene there.
    very true.. the 1st movie had not half the book and the director seemed to edit the story and change the story line to his whims and fancies...
    LOL, are you guys trolling? Because the first movie sticks closest to the book...
    Look at the date of their posts.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    When Dudley walked in on his mom getting changed and Hagrid got caught looking. The look on Aunt P's face was soooo funny.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    My favorite scenes are most likely the Journey from Platform 9 and 3/4 and the first Quidditch match. Pure magic when I first saw them.
    imageimageimage
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :-? does this thread need to be closed? what the hell is going on? Who is spamming people,s profiles
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok just asking anyways my favorite scene in philosphers stone would be when we get our first look at hogwarts while there crossing the lake. it was then that i was truly hooked.
    Really? Never better? I thought that was the cheesiest part in the entire film.
    imageimageimage
  • OwlOwl Posts: 140 ✭✭
    -Ollivanders Wand Shop
    “The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why.
    But I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you.
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible! Yes. But great. "

-Hogwarts; Crossing the lake.
    Magic!

- The Mirror of Erised
    This whole scene just shatters me.
    I have recently re-read The Philosopher's Stone and I think they really, truly captured the sense of loss and desperation you feel from Harry in the book.

"The Potters smiled and waved at Harry and he stared hungrily back at them, his hands pressed flat against the glass as though he was hoping to fall right through it and reach them. He had a powerful kind of ache inside him, half joy, half terrible sadness."

Urgh, just leave me to my tears. :p

Being really young when i first watched the film I'm a bit biased as it's part of my childhood and blah, blah, blah.
    But i think the whole film, even with it's faults, was made rather/really well. It's a great adaptation.
    being human is exhausting so i’ll be an owl
    Photobucket
  • BaneBane Posts: 9,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sorting hat scene is fantastic because of the ramifications related to the Horcrux living inside Harry which is what confuses the Sorting Hat. "Difficult, very difficult..."
  • Marie_AnetteMarie_Anette Posts: 3,506
    The sorting hat scene is fantastic because of the ramifications related to the Horcrux living inside Harry which is what confuses the Sorting Hat. "Difficult, very difficult..."
    Read that in the hat's voice :]
    so many memories.
    Photobucket
  • i think the confrontation with voldemort.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's even worse, doing it nearly a month after.

Lord Stafford.
  • AbhishekAbhishek Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    The Dark Mod Rises. >:)

@Aaronpotter - Buddy please dont bump old posts. A week or two is fine, but this was dead and buried for almost a month before you commented. :)
    Yes, indeed. Don't bump old 'posts' :-/

Lord Stafford.
  • PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it such a crime to bump old threads?
    Its a rule.
    edited September 2011
    "Terms of Service
    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you.

We at this community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. We log all internet protocol addresses accessing this web site.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this community.

We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason or no reason at all. We reserve the right to terminate any membership for any reason or no reason at all.

You must be at least 13 years of age to use this service."

So where is this rule stated?
    The thing you quoted is the TOS of Vanilla Forums, which is all-encompassing. The "rule" I am talking about are the informal points which all the members and moderators acknowledge and agree upon and have been advised to follow by the admins.

And I dont know whether you have checked the closed thread named "[email protected]'S PODCAST", but in there Fury/Vance , who is a Moderator clearly wrote these:

1)"This is exactly why we are so against bumping old topics."

2)"Your first post wasn't irony. It was bumping an old thread that didn't need to be bumped. You're a mod, right. You should know we DO NOT BUMP OLD DEAD THREADS!

Or should we change that right now? Free reign?"
    I hope this makes it clear.
    :)
    No, I don't check every thread on here. In my opinion all members should be informed about the rules.
    I am with you mate. :)
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Uh, Fury is NOT a moderator. LMAO!
    :))
    Well anyways, whatever Fury said is correct though. :)
    I don't think there was ever a rule.
    imageimageimage
  • MacMac Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭
    The Logo.
    It is certainly advised against.

Lord Stafford.