Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Covid-19 Forum Revival?

RichardRichard Posts: 48,703 mod
Hello everyone!

It has been a long time since I've logged in to the forum and there are so many great memories here. As you are all aware this pandemic has changed so much. If any of you are out there I'd like to get this forum back up and going again. I'm curious as to what everyone has been up to since the las time we spoke. Leave a comment below if you are Insterested in reviving the forum!

-Richard

Comments

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

my last real comment here was summer 2015 dear lord lmao

edit: also rich idk if you can fix this but its white font on white backgrounds for the post/comment headers. maybe thats just me though
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,703 mod
    edited April 15
    Martin, I see what you mean. I'm not sure how to fix that but I can look in to it and see what I can do!

P.s. nice to hear from you again!
  • LizSLizS Posts: 2

I'm definitely down to revive this! Missed this little family of ours!

cant wait to ignite discussion when the totally real harry potter RPG comes out and comsumes me 24/7
  • LizSLizS Posts: 2

Hoping I can get into my old account. This one is sad compared to that one. Lol

• LizLiz Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭

Rich coming in with the save to get my account back! Yay!

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,404 mod

Hey guys! I'm back 😁 amazing to see you here!

Can you believe it's been like 10 years! Richard has 2 kids now 😁 How have you been? How you guys are up to?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    It's been so long! A few things that have happened since-

I'm currently a manager at a movie theater. I have been furloughed due to the virus. Not sure if I will have a job after all of this though, looks like movie theaters are in trouble! Anyways, I am now happily married and have two boys- Michael and Thomas. I purchased a home in 2017 and one of my goals is to pay it off within 10 years! What about you guys?!!
  • SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I'm in everyone!
    It's been a while. How is everybody doing?
    I graduated college and have been teaching for the last few years. I am getting married in less than two months; however, COVID-19 is trying to derail my plans.

Two weeks ago I reread the entire series and since then I've binge-watched the entire movie series. Subsequently, I have been thinking about HPF the last few weeks. I think it was perfect timing to revive the forum!
    Photobucket

Congrats Richard! I really hope theaters open soon I miss going to the movies ;(

Congratulations Sarah! Nah let's beat covid 19 so you can be walk down the aisle :D and like you said I guess it what meant to be😁

For the past year I've been working in the visual effects film industry ! Im a VFX production coordinator so I manage a team of artists etc. Recently, I saw my name on the big screen theater at the end of the credits and that was an amazing feeling😁 The Movie I worked on is Dolittle with Robert Downey Jr. Maybe youve heard of it haha it's for younger audience but still was fun to worked on :P we're actually gonna start soon on Fantastic Beasts 3 so I'll know stuff in advance hehe ;):P

Sarah-

Congratulations on the teaching and the upcoming wedding! What date are you looking in to getting married?

I think it was a great time to revive this forum as well!

Sam-

Thanks buddy! I miss working and going to the movies.

That's so cool! Hopefully you can get some inside scoop about the movie for us we needed someone like you for the HP movies haha 😂

edited April 15

Sam: That is truly cool! Congratulations. We have all grown and evolved this past decade.

Post edited by SarahElizabeth! on
    Photobucket
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hullo. Love that this is back.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • DreamChaser86DreamChaser86 Posts: 40
    Made it back! Would definitely enjoy a revival :)
  • Wolf_PotterWolf_Potter Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everybody Wolf_Potter is in da house!

Hope everyone is doing great with this whole situation! Feels so emotional getting back to this forum, such great memories and wonderful friends!

So let’s bring the old times back!

- Wolf.

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys! Long time no talk, how are you all? I hope lockdown is treating you well.

I suppose now is as good a time as ever to revive the forum since we’re all stuck at home, a lot has changed.

Lord Stafford.

• Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chewy, we’re home.

I hope the past several years has been kind to you all. Did Darthorcrux ever make a film? We all making babies or art? Does anyone feel excited for Fantastic Beasts 3?!

I have so many questions.

"If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Richard said:

Sarah-

Congratulations on the teaching and the upcoming wedding! What date are you looking in to getting married?

I think it was a great time to revive this forum as well!

Thanks! It was always meant to be June 13th, a special date to us. Even if we have to postpone, we are aiming to still get legally married on that date.
    Photobucket

That's awesome a June wedding sounds great! Ofcourse we couldn't marry in the summer the weather in Arizona is crazy hot that month haha

Everyone needs to try to post two comments each day to keep discussions going. C'mon everyone! We could talk Cursed Child. Hahahaha.
    Photobucket

@SarahElizabeth! I actually had a professor at Tennessee ask me to re-evaluate Cursed Child from a different perspective to appreciate it. We had a good discussion about it. I’m really adaptive, so I’ve been fine with the story existing, even if I haven’t considered it canon.

I wish I could remember the specifics of the discussion...

"If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

I hate Cursed Child!!

@SarahElizabeth! I actually had a professor at Tennessee ask me to re-evaluate Cursed Child from a different perspective to appreciate it. We had a good discussion about it. I’m really adaptive, so I’ve been fine with the story existing, even if I haven’t considered it canon.

I wish I could remember the specifics of the discussion...

That is really interesting. I would struggle with doing that.
    Richard said:

I hate Cursed Child!!

Me too. I have many problems with it. @Kranen loves it.

Photobucket

What problems do you have with it?

SPOILER ALERT OBVIOUSLY.
    I don't think I could state everything eloquently right now. Here's a general list that perhaps could be better explained expanded upon later:
    -The story is kind of unoriginal. It takes pieces of the seven books and rehashes them via time travel. Boring.
    -The typical statement that it reads like fan-fiction speaks true to me. It seems like Jack Thorne took a lot of trendy headcanons from the internet and created a play based on them (Voldemort + Bellatrix, Albus being in Slytherin, Rose and Scorpius, etc.). They did minimal research about the world that Rowling established and contradicted many original plotlines and devices.
    -The dialogue and overall feel did not resemble the feeling that was established by Rowling. That's what happens when someone else writes, I guess. Every author has his or her own style.
    -The characters changed personalities way too much for me. Ignorant Hermione? Bitter Hermione? Arrogant and Uncaring Harry? Dumb, Side-kick Ron?
    -Voldemort and Bellatrix apparently getting together to produce an heir. I think it is flat-out stupid. It goes against everything we know about Voldemort's personality. Rowling said he was aromantic, I thought. Why would he want to produce an heir during Harry's sixth year anyway (Bellatrix pregnant in Deathly Hallows?)? He didn't know anyone knew about his horcruxes. He thought he was going to live forever. WHY? I personally like to believe that Voldemort was sterile after splitting his soul into eight pieces, drinking unicorn's blood, and losing and regaining a body. I mean, his eyes turned red, his nose was reduced to slits, what else changed, ya know?
    -Where did the prophecy come from?
    -Why do they call Voldemort by name in the alternate timeline?
    -Cedric Diggory a Neville-murdering, death eater?!
    -The way Harry spoke to Albus Severus. Never. I don't care what people say. Also, his kid is a brat.
    -Don't they whip up a batch of Polyjuice Potion in one day? Doesn't that take a month?
    -The whole time turner thing does not make sense. AT ALL. Interestingly, the month after the script for CC was released, Rowling posted on Pottermore that anyone who attempted to time travel more than five hours would die. I find it intriguing she wrote that. Also, how did Draco have a time turner?
    -Speaking of, Rowling established in PoA that time travel is a circular loop. It does not have alternate time lines. For example, Harry always saved himself and Sirius from the dementors.
    -What the hell was with the Trolly Lady? No. Absolutely not. I mean, the Trolly Lady went to Dumbledore's funeral. She is a human!
    -Um... Apparently the Fidelus Charm does not exist on James and Lily's house since everyone can see it.
    -Why is Harry's scar hurting again? Why can he speak Parseltongue again? He isn't a horcrux anymore. DH clearly establishes that as being the reason why he has those "symptoms," yet he experiences them again in CC.
    -McGonagall is still Headmistress, even though prior to that Rowling previously wrote on Pottermore that she would be retired by then.
    -MORE . . .
    Photobucket
    I think imma continue my stance that I refuse to ever read cursed child or acknowledge its existence

if that means I lose a harry potter trivia question here and there, so be it

Yeah. I wish I didn't. It ruined so much for me. I refuse to think of it as canon.

I'm sure it is an entertaining play, but I cannot wrap my head around the plot.

Photobucket

Reading what you just wrote and I was so confused 😂 I didn't read anything about CC before now so you talking about Voldemort and Bellatrix being back and alternate timeline was a big wtf 😂

It is confusing! But CC has Voldemort and Bellatrix doing the deed during the Half-Blood Prince timeline. Bellatrix supposedly gives birth to a girl named Delphini before the Battle of Hogwarts. Whatever.

Photobucket

Hahaha woow all this sound so random and fan fiction 😂😝

I know! I would love to hear from the people on the forum who enjoyed it.

Photobucket

I’m still in the “cursed child is fan fiction” camp. It’s basically to HP what Dark Knight Strikes Again was to Dark Knight Returns.

Who all watched Dan Radcliffe read "The Boy Who Lived?"

Photobucket