Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

X-Men: Apocalypse Official Thread

Comments

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    edited July 2013
    Huge applause for the Marvel logo coming across the screen. We begin with Xavier's voice (Patrick Stewart), then quick flashes of Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Storm (Halle Berry), Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Rogue (Anna Paquin), Kitty (Ellen Page), a "glimpse from the past." Bishop (Omar Sy), Thunderbird (Boo Boo Stewart) and Blink (Fan Bingbing) who looks straight out of the comic book. "Side by side to end this war before it ever begins." Wolverine will be sent back into his younger body by both Xavier AND Magneto. Xavier says "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me. Patience is my strongest suit," he deadpans. Lots of Mystique shots, kicking some ass. Magneto vs. Mystique at one point! "We need you to hope again," old Xavier says to young. Crazy applause.

Evan Peters introduced himself as Quicksilver and said, "I'm really fast." Peter Dinklage said, "I am Bolivar Trask."

Jennifer Lawrence said she's "getting closer to the [villanous] Mystique she's going to be."

Singer said he loves working with an ensemble, there's "a lot of interesting people and things to cut to." Specifically of directing again, "It's wonderful to return to this family and work with these new people."

Hugh Jackman said it's two great movies in one, and he's so honored to be a part of it.

Halle Berry wants to know why Storm doesn't get any romance. "Is she asexual in the comics?"

Paquin said "I got cast in this role when I was 13, and it feels incredible to be back."

Stewart said this is the cast he feels closest to outside of Star Trek. McKellen said, "I feel safe in California now that you've gotten rid of Prop 8. I'm looking for a husband, nice to meet you, Michael," and looked down at Fassbender.

Ellen Page - "When I did the first one I had never been on a set that size or scale so it blew my mind. I never expected to play Kitty again."
    Post edited by Lord Stafford on
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited July 2013
    Borys Kit @Borys_Kit

Just got goosebumps from DAYS OF FUTURE PAST footage. Wow. And cries, legit cries, to show it again. (Set to music from Oblivion, btw.)

Ethan Anderton @Ethan_Anderton

"I don't want your suffering. I don't want your future." Young Xavier, "Please, we need your hope again." Old Professor X #Xmen #DoFP

Ethan Anderton @Ethan_Anderton

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST showed a great reel with tons of X-Men, old and new, including Bishop, Warpath and many more.

SFX magazine @SFXmagazine

...and there's a scene with Patrick Stewart and McAvoy together where Stewart tells him he needs to start believing in himself
    Post edited by Lord Stafford on
    I WANT TO SEE THE FOOTAGE TOO :(
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bryan Singer
    @BryanSinger
    That was awesome! Thanks fans!!! #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast pic.twitter.com/BepEUxLAu4
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord Stafford.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Sorry guys but this poster is fake.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Not surprising.
    its been 2days filming here :)

LOL at that guy Youtube Title :P

Yep that was my week filming and im finally done :( I was suppose to return next week but im travelling this sunday...so no more xmen for me :(:((

Its a one time experience....never going to forget this :)
    And cant freakin wait to see the final cut!:D Im pretty sure I will be able to see myself since all week I was in front of the camera
    Samch92 said:

Yep that was my week filming and im finally done :( I was suppose to return next week but im travelling this sunday...so no more xmen for me :(:((

Its a one time experience....never going to forget this :)

It may not be a one time experience, with this under your belt. :)

Lord Stafford.
    Samch92 said:

And cant freakin wait to see the final cut!:D Im pretty sure I will be able to see myself since all week I was in front of the camera

As well as the film itself, we all can't wait to see you in this, Sam! :D

Lord Stafford.
    edited July 2013
    they're awesome.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    They are, and they are the perfect match for Patrick and Ian. :)

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    OMG! :D these are aweomse! :D
    that means maybe a trailer really soon :D
    I like the marketing strategy :)
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way they are going with this
    Everything about this is looking great, and I'm expecting good news on a trailer soon enough.

Lord Stafford.
    Bryan Singer ✔ @BryanSinger

Here's to the next 50 years
    http://mashable.com/2013/07/30/x-men-days-of-future-past/ … pic.twitter.com/jYFvmVsnSN

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Caught the post-credits scene after The Wolverine. It looks pretty cool!
    imageimageimage
    edited August 2013
    OMG Bryan Singer did a event in Montreal call Rated "X" A night with Bryan Singer

And during the event he showed a different trailer from comic con and some of my friends saw it :O hope it leaks online!

I wish a was in Montreal right now I'm missing big time :(( :(
    OMG SHE SAID SHE SAW ME :O but I'm sure she's teasing me! Or mmaybe not cause she said stuff that I never told her. I don't know what to believe

She saw warthpath from the future...and Xavier saying he's not the same when he was younger before to send wolverine something like that...mystique crying...magneto fighting mystique and beast
    Here's from some blogger guy
    Here’s my best description of what we saw.

The music for the trailer is an epic variation of Hans Zimmer’s hauntingly emotional Journey To The End Of The Line from THE THIN RED LINE. As Marvel’s signature comicbook pages flip and this music bellows from speakers, goosebumps are everywhere.

Zooming out of Patrick Stewart’s eye, he narrates something cryptic about if they’ve imagined themselves to be wheredays-of-future-past-poster01 they are now type of thing and we get quick shots of the old crew: Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) with a slight haircut standing next to Prof X and Magneto (Ian McKellen), Storm (Halley Berry) with a slight haircut posing on some cliffs with thunder in the background, Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) and Rogue (Anna Paquin) looking at each other lovingly and so on.

Prof X. is trying to convince Wolverine to travel back in time, meet his old self (James McAvoy) and guide him. He warns him that “I was a very different man back then”. And it’s true, because we get a shot of McAvoy looking like a shaggy homeless guy in a wheelchair with long dirty hair. During his speech about the times changing, we get very quick looks of new characters who don’t say a word: Bishop (Omar Sy), Sunspot (Adan Canto), Blink (Bingbing Fan) and Warpath (Booboo Stewart). Bishop looks the coolest, and he was one of my personal favourite characters from the animated series so FUCK YEAH for him being here. He’s got glowing red eyes in the shot emerging from the darkness out of some cave. The others just look very sad and Zimmer’s music continues to overpower.

The older Magento says he must help and when Wolverine asks where he’ll be able to find him, he says something along the lines of “somewhere much darker” and we get a shot of Michael Fassbender’s Erik (who doesn’t say a word in the teaser which makes him a badass) in some kind of court room setting holding a gun. When Prof X. tells Wolverine that he must have patience with him we get silence, and then a classic Wolvie punchline:

“Patience is not my strong suit”

QrptljCBAM! Just like that Wolverine is getting zapped back into time, and there’s a ridiculously awesome montage of shots that sees (not in order): three guys shooting at Wolverine in (the white house?) as his muscular body absorbs all the bullets, young Erik walking and controlling (it seems?) a crowd of scared people with a look of “you’re all doomed”, super close close-up of Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) in make-up tearing up, close up of Beast (Nick Holt) screaming and raging into the camera outside somewhere, James McAvoy screaming “I DON’T WANT YOUR FUTURE!” or something to that effect, Mystique not in make up and not tearing up with a shorter haircut walking away from an airplane looking like a soldier, a shot of Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask in front of some kind of committee, the COOLEST shot of Mystique giving new meaning to “blending in the crowd” by morphing into an old man (could be someone important, too quick to tell), the secret escape sewer in the White House half open, James McAvoy dusting off Cerebro and…. the final shot is

Professor X vs. Professor X, James McAvoy staring back at Patrick Stewart and Stewart pleading with him to “Remember the man you were meant to become”. I’m paraphrasing, but that sounds about right.

DAY OF FUTURE PAST titles come on screen and echoes of slight orgasms reverberate throughout the audience.

The tone of the teaser was dark, emotional, things are messed up for everyone, sadness all around, a sense of urgency and slight despair in Stewart’s narration, a sense of mental instability with McAvoy, a sense of major guilt with McKellen’s Magneto and zero remorse with Fassbender’s, with Wolverine as the action hero and Professor X as the focus point of the whole story and the key to stopping this war against mutants. It does exactly what a teaser should do: very little to no action, full of emotion, quick glimpses of new characters (but no Sentinels) and very powerful Hans Zimmer music to make your hair stand up. It looks like everything an X-Men movie should be so if you haven’t been getting excited already, it’s time to start. Also, lots of haircuts.
    It sounds awesome! :D Hope we'll see the same footage for the offical trailer :D

Lord Stafford.
  • PotterFan_649PotterFan_649 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    I know that i haven't posted on here in a long time and i regret that greatly. But last night i was able attend the Bryan Singer panel at The Fantasia Film Festival here in my home town of Montreal. The panel was great and very fin and interesting. Bryan confirmed that Cyclops will not be back(he was pretty bummed that they killed him off) and William Stryker will be in this. He also showed us the footage twice and the music wasn't from Thin Red Line but Inception. The film appears to very emotional and dark which Bryan told the audience that it "isn't the brightest of the X-men films". I'm extremely happy that i attended yesterday and waited for an hour and a half but it was totally worth it. If anyone has any questions, ask away. I remember a lot of the footage.

P.S. Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique in the teaser was badass!!!
    Proud Member of Gryffindor!
    imageimageimage
    oh I didn't know we had another Montreal guy in the forum :D happy to know im not alone there :D Welcome back @PotterFan_649

tell us more about the badass Mystique everyone is talking about? and what you can remember of the future? How Warpath and blink look? and the other scenes please :)

PS: oh did you saw me with a red shirt in a paris scene ? looooooool :P
    The paris scene was very quick. you just see a couple fast shots of the protesters/citizens and then they run through the police barrier (little silver metal fences). so i don;t think i saw you. You see Mystique spinning her legs around kicking a guy while she's on a table. Then she goes to slide under a long table towards another guy. You only see like a second shot of Blinks face and Bryan commented on her saying that she's the Nightcrawler of this movie and that she'll be really cool. I'm sure we see Warpath but i'm not entirely sure. The coolest shot for me was Magneto(young) who was floating in the air and using his powers to drag Mystique towards him, in which she looked really afraid. The Future sequences seemed very apocalyptic. There's ruin everywhere and it's very dark. It seems like they were some sort of outside tomb or old ruins.
    imageimageimage
    Seems awesome! :D Well I must be somewhere between those citizens haha :P And the Magneto floating in the air is also part of the Paris scene ...I was there too :)
    Do you know if this was the official trailer for later to be online or just random clips he was showing?
    did someone ask when can we expect the trailer?

@PotterFan_649
    Bryan Singer ✔ @BryanSinger

Brightest set I've ever filmed on. #3600framespersecond #Quicksilver #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast pic.twitter.com/AWCzzCEv13

I think that it was just an exclusive look that was at SDCC and he showed it here also. I doubt it'll be the official trailer and he announced nothing. I had a question for you, how was it like being an extra? Was it a hard process? What was going on in the scene you were in? Was it fun? It's been on my bucket list for a while now to be an extra in a big movie or to visit a set of one for a day. you are extremely lucky.
    imageimageimage
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup that was the footage we saw. The one where Beast is screaming, he's fighting/drowning Magneto !!
    imageimageimage
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Well thats nice!