Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

do u think scoop's gone 4 good?

witless witchwitless witch Posts: 102
edited May 2008 in General
i think he is , but i do hope im wrong an' he comes back

Comments

• grillzggrillzg Posts: 253
    i fink so......not sure
  • StarryNightsStarryNights Posts: 132
    yes, he most definitly is gone..

a shame really, even IF he was a fake.. it was lovely to read :(

maybe he'll come back when we get more news and the trailer and pics..
    (IF he was legit, because IF he lied he probably won't be coming back)

oh well.. we'll just have to wait and see, won't we..
  • BellaBella Posts: 31
    I don't think so. He'll be back... I hope.
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,837 mod
    Hahaha I knew the identity of scoop and it cracked me up upon finding out. Ill never reveal but he/she had the forum waiting on their every last word hahaha
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Haha wait wtf, like is it someone we know or just someone that you by chance happen to know? I remember scoop!
    imageimageimage
    aaron said:

Haha wait wtf, like is it someone we know or just someone that you by chance happen to know? I remember scoop!

Lmao I won't say names however it's someone we all know lol. Don't worry it wasn't I.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    RyGuy said:

aaron said:

Lmao I won't say names however it's someone we all know lol. Don't worry it wasn't I.
    PM? Or you just don't want to tell anyone? :P
    imageimageimage
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was Scoop.

Lol, Jk. Now I want to know! :(
  • NickNick Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh god why are threads from 5 years ago suddenly peaking people,s intrest?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Nick, it is alright. If people have things to discuss, there's nothing wrong with bumping old threads. Just leave it, buddy :)
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RyGuy said:

Hahaha I knew the identity of scoop and it cracked me up upon finding out. Ill never reveal but he/she had the forum waiting on their every last word hahaha

omg now you have to tell
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    who was scoop ?? Soory like you know i'm old ^^ my memory is overload ^^
    imageimage
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, now I'm intrigued. Who was this Scoop person? I have a mighty need.
    imageimage
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok Ry it's not ok for you to make us all curious by showing off. Good for you you found out, wow man what an achievement! We're all very proud of you. Do you even know or do you just want the attention? If you know and you don't want to kiss and tell you'd better shut yar mouth buddy cus this is unacceptable behaviour. Pissssssssssssssssss now
    Say it. Out loud.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,404 mod
    Richard said:

Ash you dog ;)

So it was Ash?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yeah wrong person lol
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed another comment from the same person saying that it wasn't alright to bump old threads.

Lord Stafford.
    edited June 2013

Henrick said:

Nick, it is alright. If people have things to discuss, there's nothing wrong with bumping old threads. Just leave it, buddy :)

Actually I almost got banned for doing it so it isn't

Buddy, almost? Where? I warned you through PM that bumping old threads are only necessary when there are things to discuss. You bumped a bunch of old threads. I warned you. I will even post what I sent you:

"They don't add anything to the forum, buddy. There's nothing to discuss on those thread anymore. Specially because people that posted them are not even here anymore. If it is a thread that you have something very relevant to add, feel free to do so, but it needs to be something relevant and pertinent. If it's not, use the Common Room Thread for random thoughts."

And here, people are discussing. If you bump something that creates a new discussion and generates interest, there's nothing wrong with it, buddy. What can't happen is people bumping a bunch of old thread that doesn't add anything and just pollute the main page ;)

:)
    If there are things to discuss in his mind, let him; particularly if you are then going to say the exact opposite to what you had just said in another thread.

Lord Stafford.
    edited June 2013

Henrick said:

Actually I almost got banned for doing it so it isn't

Once again, I'm sorry if you got offended. It wasn't my intention by any mean, buddy. Just trying to show you that there's an obvious line between bumping a relevant old thread and spamming, specially because at least 3 users complained about the threads being bumped. Just trying to make HPF a better place. I appreciate your comprehension :D
    More than two thirds of the threads on the first page have never been opened by me (this you can see you know). I'm not interested in all those discussions. That's ok, I just decide not to click on those pages. Someone bumping an old thread should be as relevant as someone posting unPotterrelated stuff or anything really, even if he gets little response. You don't want to participate or read, you don't click.
    Exactly, Lola. :)

Lord Stafford.
    edited June 2013

More than two thirds of the threads on the first page have never been opened by me (this you can see you know). I'm not interested in all those discussions. That's ok, I just decide not to click on those pages. Someone bumping an old thread should be as relevant as someone posting unPotterrelated stuff or anything really, even if he gets little response. You don't want to participate or read, you don't click.

Joli, he bumped more than 4 threads from 2008, people started complaining. I messaged him giving some instructions and stuff. I'm just worried about the forum having a good environment. There's no need for this discussion, since I was reasonable, he didn't "almost" get banned (I don't know from where that came from), and just gave him instructions.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with bumping old threads if you have something relevant to add. It wasn't exactly the case. People complained. I could be quiet and not say anything. Although, I prefer to give him instructions and stuff. Just that. Just to make it cleat that there's a big difference between bumping an old thread and spamming.

No need for more drama and discussions.
    Then I'm directing my message straight to the complaining people.

Then I'm directing my message straight to the complaining people.

You have to understand that I'm just doing my job as a moderator. Nothing else.
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh, nobody will ban you, darling. You've not done a thing wrong. You're one of us now.
    You won't be leaving. You can try. But you'll fail.
    As we all have.
    imageimage

OK, thanks guys.

I also am going to mention something more serious.

I am Snape the Bat.

Remember the stuff he wrote about Family Guy? That was me. I wrote all of it without checking my inbox, and got banned. Last night I was quite foolish as well; I saw I had something in my inbox as I was bumping threads but didn't check it and bumped another anyways. Fortunately, I saw the warning before I was banned.

I just edited my post for rather superstitious reasons (it was post 58 and 58 isn't my favorite #) but put it back cause removing it felt dishonest. I am so sorry about the FG comments I made and I promise I'll be better now. You guys are all fantastic. If you're going to ban me again anyways, though...I accept it.

*nervously anticipating* [-O<

Buddy. That time, I sent you the warning but it wasn't me that banned you. And if you were banned, that it totally unfair. I apologize in the name of the moderation. Whoever banned you, shouldn't have done that. You are a nice member and keep it up. If PMing you my personal e-mail. If anyone ban you again, let me know through my personal e-mail and I'll take care of it.

:)