Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Halloween 3D

chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ever since the Rob Zombie movies came out, i hope they would reboot this horror franchise. Halloween 3D was supposed to be that reboot and was going to be released in 2012. But in 2012, the movie got sort of cancelled. Now it's supposed to be released this year. Platinum Dunes was involved but they dropped out. But they already had done some artwork and even a pitch reel of the opening of the movie. So as a big fan of this horror franchise, and hoping there are also halloween fans over here, i posted everything below:

The artwork:
image
image
image
image

The pitch reel of the opening scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9ZECC-f1CKU
imageimageimage

Comments

  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Zombie ruined the franchise with his vulgar style. It looked like every character ran out of a brothel. Compare Rob Zombie's movies to Halloween 1,2,4 and H20 and it get's even worse.
    imageimageimage
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    Zombie only ruined his sequel because the company forced him to make it. But his reboot was awesome, I wish he had wanted to continue. I really hope Halloween 3D makes it.
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    Richard said:

    Zombie only ruined his sequel because the company forced him to make it. But his reboot was awesome, I wish he had wanted to continue. I really hope Halloween 3D makes it.

    I have actually the opposite opinion- I think RZH2 is much more better than his reboot, mainly because of its different "direction" and Danielle's, Brad's and Scout's performances ..But it is just my opinion :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    That opening scene was pretty good it seems like they did it for 3D but it still is pretty freaky!
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    Anyway, here's a review of Farmer's and Lussier's script for Halloween 3D:
    http://www.zekefilm.org/2012/10/15/review-the-halloween-3d-script-part-i/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That script sounded quite horrible if you ask me, they just need to restart the series but this time with normal teenagers who we care about and a normal Michael Myers.
    imageimageimage
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    The script doesnt sound very good. But atleast they try to connect it with H2. I think Zombie definitely wanted to end it there lol.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danielle Harris was quite good as Annie but it was nothing close as Jamie Strode. The great actors and their characters, Jamie Lee Curtis, Danielle Harris and Donald Pleasence, made the original franchise so good. Those movies had great acting by their leads, characters and above all they had great tension and chase scenes throughout the town of Haddonfield, the environment the characters knew so well. Back than, Michael was a huge force of evil.

    RZ's Halloween had a great chase scene as well but that was about it, the characters weren't that likable, and the whole background story of Michael Myers was unnecessary and took a way too huge part of the movie. Less than 50 minutes to sympathize with the characters and add some tension isn't enough. Everything looking like it was the environment and the clothes of hardrockers didn't help either.
    imageimageimage
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    chester said:

    Danielle Harris was quite good as Annie but it was nothing close as Jamie Strode. The great actors and their characters, Jamie Lee Curtis, Danielle Harris and Donald Pleasence, made the original franchise so good. Those movies had great acting by their leads, characters and above all they had great tension and chase scenes throughout the town of Haddonfield, the environment the characters knew so well. Back than, Michael was a huge force of evil.

    RZ's Halloween had a great chase scene as well but that was about it, the characters weren't that likable, and the whole background story of Michael Myers was unnecessary and took a way too huge part of the movie. Less than 50 minutes to sympathize with the characters and add some tension isn't enough. Everything looking like it was the environment and the clothes of hardrockers didn't help either.

    And this is why I like RZH2 more than RZH- Annie and Lynda were too "bit**y" in the first one, but I was glad Rob changed it in the sequel- I really cared about characters for the first time ever (especially Laurie) and Annie's death scene/ Brackett finds Annie touched me as much as any horror scene didn't before. Only thing I didn't like about his films were extra killing scenes he was forced to additionally shoot just because of Weinsteins.
    Zombie's films are really specific and they aren't "suited" for everyone...
    It's all a matter of opinion, of course, but I don't think it's racional to compare old series to new one...same as Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Annie's death moved me too, but most of the characters in his movies looked like scum (well, most of them were scum) and everything looked so cheap and vulgar. The only thing i like about RZ's halloween movies are the great chase scene in the reboot, the whole hospital part and Annie's death in the sequel. The whole hospital sequence was fantastic and had lots of suspense.

    There was not much wrong with the F13 reboot, it was better than most of the movies in that franchise. A nightmare on elm street could have been good but it had some awkward acting and except those nightmares when they weren't asleep; the movie didn't really try to be something good. They just copied some scenes from the original movie and added some more. When rebooting a series, you always have to look back a bit at the original series. But you just can't copy it.
    imageimageimage
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    The Halloween reboot is golden compared to Friday the 13 and Nightmare on elm st reboots.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Loki said:

    the scene where brackett finds annie (more specifcally in the extended version) was HEARTBREAKING :(

    Especially with the footage of Annie when she was younger.
    imageimageimage
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Richard said:

    The Halloween reboot is golden compared to Friday the 13 and Nightmare on elm st reboots.

    The reboot of Halloween was way better than the reboot of NOES but the reboot of F13 was quite good. The scene i dislike the most in the halloween reboot is the rape scene.
    Post edited by chester on
    imageimageimage
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loki said:

    the scene where brackett finds annie (more specifcally in the extended version) was HEARTBREAKING :(

    That's the most competently directed scene in Zombie's Halloween series. Unfortunately, I only saw it as a send off for Danielle Harris' contribution to the series at large.

    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

    So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wich was a good thing since Danielle hadn't received a send of before. They just replaced her.
    imageimageimage
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, am i the only one who ignores Halloween: ressurection and acts like H20 was the end of the original series?
    imageimageimage
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    You are not, chester. I like it because it's dumb as hell and has Katee Sackhoff. I ignore its relevance in the canon, though.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

    So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chester said:

    Wich was a good thing since Danielle hadn't received a send of before. They just replaced her.

    I don't think it's good. I didn't buy the relationship with Annie and Grima Wormtongue. It's the cliche "father and daughter bicker but love each other" relationship. It feels very sitcom-ish.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

    So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    chester said:

    Richard said:

    The Halloween reboot is golden compared to Friday the 13 and Nightmare on elm st reboots.

    The reboot of Halloween was way better than the reboot of NOES but the reboot of F13 was quite good. The scene i dislike the most in the halloween reboot is the rape scene.
    The rape scene is only therre in the Directors cut, its not there in the theateical. I hate that scene so much, idk why Rob did that the theatrical was better. Both his theateicals are better than the directors cut.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only version released in my country was the director's cut.
    imageimageimage
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    That sucks, the theatrical cut has micheal escaping in a much better scene.
  • RZ's Halloweens are stylish, but brainless.
Sign In or Register to comment.