Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DVD/Blu-ray cover of Deathly Hallows (Part 1+ Part 2) - Director's Cut Fan Made Edition

Comments

• HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
    Isaiah said:

oh i thought it was on the blu ray for hbp

The Sneak Peek takes place only on blu-ray UK/USA. I have the italian copy, without this features!

• IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Oh wow that sucks.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • dobby83dobby83 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    But I have that sneak peak in HD on my computer..and the shot is in really good def!

• Sportsman180Sportsman180 Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Someone with the Blu-ray of HBP needs to rip the sneak peek and give it to Hogwartsite.

It's in HD.. 00:55 sec :)

You can download the vid in 1080 through keepvid.com

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man that vide just brings back a flood of memories of my early days here on HPF. The way we all analyzed the trailers and the pictures that were released. ugghhh now im thoroughly depressed I miss those days so much. :((
    Nick said:

man that vide just brings back a flood of memories of my early days here on HPF. The way we all analyzed the trailers and the pictures that were released. ugghhh now im thoroughly depressed I miss those days so much. :((

Me too! And don't even get me started with HBP set reports we read back in 2008..those were the days.. :((

I miss old HPF
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss old HPF and HP. Everything was so special.
    imageimageimage
    So many memories. I remember watching that trailer over and over again trying to figure out what part of the book were they from. Best Part 1 teaser ever!
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    @dobby83: I need the original file, not the uploaded file on youtube, the quality is not the same!
    That's as high as I could find it :/

dobby83 said:

Never mind, I solved it. From the desecration of the Elder Wand pass through Shell Cottage (Hermione & ron's shots in living room and Luna'sline). Everything continues as in the movie: discussion with Griphook and Mr. Ollivander. After Mr. Olivander'scene we have a deleted scene with Bill and Fleur - > Snape at Hogwarts (original opening) and after extended scene with Luna and Harry on dobby's grave! If I can, I'll put on youtube the video. Believe me it works. Many of you will tell me to delete the scene with snape, but I do not want to!

dobby83 said:

Never mind, I solved it. From the desecration of the Elder Wand pass through Shell Cottage (Hermione & ron's shots in living room and Luna'sline). Everything continues as in the movie: discussion with Griphook and Mr. Ollivander. After Mr. Olivander'scene we have a deleted scene with Bill and Fleur - > Snape at Hogwarts (original opening) and after extended scene with Luna and Harry on dobby's grave! If I can, I'll put on youtube the video. Believe me it works. Many of you will tell me to delete the scene with snape, but I do not want to!
    That could actually work out! I like it! Want to see the vid :)

PS: Snape's scene is epic, it HAS to make it to the final version :)

That sounds like it could work. Cant wait to see.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • alexdridhpalexdridhp Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    i think you must've done a great job :D !!!! can't wait to see it
    Enjoy!
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually worked surprisingly well. The transition between the scene with Bill to Hogwarts was a bit sudden and I am just so used to seeing that sequence at the very start of DH2 so it felt a little off putting, but ultimately I think it works quite nicely!

It actually worked surprisingly well. The transition between the scene with Bill to Hogwarts was a bit sudden and I am just so used to seeing that sequence at the very start of DH2 so it felt a little off putting, but ultimately I think it works quite nicely!

Thank you. Every change needs a time to metabolize it.
    That worked really well. But that shell cottage needed some time to marinate then transition to hogwarts. But after that everything worked well. good job.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    edited June 2013
    That was great! I only have two doubts..when you do the transition to the clouds , couldn't you finish the prev. Scene with a shot of Harry and not of Bill?
    And the music when Luna and Harry are talking isn't very appropriate, maybe you should just dim it at the end of Snape's scene.
    A perfect fit for that scene would be the ressurection stone song! It's got the same theme than Snape's one but only a bit calmer..so you can go for Lily's theme in the Snape scene (no change) but when you go to Harry and Luna's scene the music changes to the Ressurrection Stone score ( connecting both songs)

Other than that, great job man! :)

dobby83 said:

That was great! I only have two doubts..when you do the transition to the clouds , couldn't you finish the prev. Scene with a shot of Harry and not of Bill?
    And the music when Luna and Harry are talking isn't very appropriate, maybe you should just dim it at the end of Snape's scene.
    A perfect fit for that scene would be the ressurection stone song! It's got the same theme than Snape's one but only a bit calmer..so you can go for Lily's theme in the Snape scene (no change) but when you go to Harry and Luna's scene the music changes to the Ressurrection Stone score ( connecting both songs)

Believe me, to end the scene with bill is better. For music, I think goes well

dobby83 said:

It's got the same theme than Snape's one but only a bit calmer..so you can go for Lily's theme in the Snape scene (no change) but when you go to Harry and Luna's scene the music changes to the Ressurrection Stone score ( connecting both songs)

I followed your last advice. I think it's better in this way. You were right!

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes that scene so touching and intimate rather than the intended awkwardness it leaves you with. I really like it.

dobby83 said:

It's got the same theme than Snape's one but only a bit calmer..so you can go for Lily's theme in the Snape scene (no change) but when you go to Harry and Luna's scene the music changes to the Ressurrection Stone score ( connecting both songs)

I followed your last advice. I think it's better in this way. You were right!

Wow...it's soo good! :D..Can't wait for the final cut!!

Can I get the extended clip in download form? It's blocked.
    man that's awesome!!!
    I finished the preliminar edited - 04h:21min:36sec.
  • Onset23Onset23 Posts: 448 ✭✭
    Why do you need to post every single tiny little update. Just finish it and post it i keep clicking thinking its done
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Onset23 said:

Why do you need to post every single tiny little update. Just finish it and post it i keep clicking thinking its done

I do it to keep you updated and to think together with you, in case there's something you dont like!

Onset23 said:

I do it to keep you updated and to think together with you, in case there's something you dont like!

Yeah, I love how you have been listening to our thoughts in order to make the movie ALL of us, fans, want! Keep posting "every single update"!! :)

yes please!!
    Keep them coming. Loving these updates
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Onset23 said:

It's called constructive feedback, dude.

Hogwartsite, can you put the extended Part 1/Part 2 transition in a downloadable file? I'd like to see it.

Onset23 said:

Hogwartsite, can you put the extended Part 1/Part 2 transition in a downloadable file? I'd like to see it.

sure, I can!

Onset23 said:

https://mega.co.nz/#!Y8twxJJQ!cTEdQQ0pKC3AbepeBCaBH3Vdrgc3RGbM-g04zHZrb8I

Thanks again!

Holy hell, 800+ MB's for a 13 minute clip? How big is the film? Like 15 GB's? VLC media player crashed trying to run it for me, thank the heavens I found KMPlayer recently, it worked seamlessly.

As for the transitions, it is flawless as it can be. With you putting all the deleted scenes in there, all your placements are as logical as they possibly can be. Your sound work is majorly impressive, particularly with the beginning scene at Shell Cottage where you removed the soundtrack. I only wish someone could get you that shot of the cottage itself from the HBP Blu-ray, I feel like a establishing shot is much needed there between Voldy casting his spell and the cut to Hermione and Ron.

The one critique I had is the score increases in volume a bit too much on Bill's last line right before the cut to Snape at Hogwarts and it gets drowned out. I suggest a gradual volume increase there. Obviously I'm a fan of the original placement for the Hogwarts shot after Voldy's spell but I get it. Luna's deleted scene should be in the film because it's a gaping plot hole as to how she got back to Hogwarts, and it can't make logical sense unless it's in after the Harry at Dobby's grave scene because that's the scene's transition, which then you had to move backwards because the whole Snape at Hogwarts/Harry at Dobby's grave soundtrack is connected. But the cut from Bill to the clouds is a bit of an eyesore. But it makes 100% sense, I'm just saying it is going to take some digestion.

I'm seriously impressed HogwartSite. You're taking this crap majorly seriously. You're seriously a Harry Potter's fan come true. If only we had the 45 minutes of deleted footage from the original cut of Order of the Phoenix, you could put that film back together after Mark Day's butchering.

You should submit this to fanedit.org and a few other editing sites when you're done, you could probably win an award. I won one of 10 best extended editions for Scott Pilgrim last year on that site and I half-assed it. You would win them all.
    @Sportsman180: I'm doing this edition to burn in DVD and Blu-ray for a few close friends! I hope to put the movie online, obviously in an optimal size!

You right, about snape's transition. I had already noticed that the music was too loud, but I went ahead to come back after!

About the shot of Shell cottage. I found it! I do not know if I can use it in the movie, perhaps because it is too short, and also do not know if I can change the chromaticity of the scene. I will let you know
    @Hogwartsite I f you need to slow it down find the velocity settings.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

I know how to change the speed, but you would notice too

Isaiah said:

It's about 3 seconds long right? That's a bit on the line as an establishing show but I still think it works. If you could extend it maybe just another second, I think it would fit seamlessly between Voldy's spell and Hermione/Ron.

Isaiah said:

It's about 3 seconds long right? That's a bit on the line as an establishing show but I still think it works. If you could extend it maybe just another second, I think it would fit seamlessly between Voldy's spell and Hermione/Ron.
    I tried, but it does not work.

Isaiah said:

I tried, but it does not work.
    Ah shame, okay.

I will take a break. I Know a guy who is good for the VFX and he will help me with the deleted scene VFX! The work starts the next month!

I was wondering, were you able to salvage the Tonks/Lupin hug scene? I know the green screen is there for a moment or two, but I was hoping with VFX it would be salvageable.

I was wondering, were you able to salvage the Tonks/Lupin hug scene? I know the green screen is there for a moment or two, but I was hoping with VFX it would be salvageable.

I already add that scene, yes it's in the editing

I will take a break. I Know a guy who is good for the VFX and he will help me with the deleted scene VFX! The work starts the next month!

Does that mean you'll be able to slot the Dudley scene in?? ;)

dobby83 said:

Does that mean you'll be able to slot the Dudley scene in?? ;)
    No, I don't. I have spoken. That scene is bad to work on! It's impossible for me! Sorry

Part 1 Deleted Scene add in the movie:

1. Petunia and Harry's speech
    2. Ron call his father to dinner
    3. Extended scene with Runcorn and Arthur at Ministry of Magic
    4. Extended scene with trio in the wood after Ron's accident
    5. Ron and Hermione have a fan moment on the bank of lake - Harry saw them and after look at the Sirius's mirror
    -----Deleted Scene cut for ever XD:
    1. Xaxley in Grangers House
    2. Dudley say goodbye to Harry - handshake

Part 2 Deleted Scene add in the movie:

1. Extended Opening - Harry and Luna talks about Dobby and Hogwarts
    2. Extened sequence with Bill warns trio about Goblin's nature
    3. Extended scene with Harry and Ginny on the staircases of Hogwarts
    4. Lupin and Tonks gather
    5. Filch sends the Slytherins in the dungeons
    6. Extended scene with Seamus and Neville (if VFX are good, I will add to the final cut)
    -----Deleted Scene cut for ever XD:
    1. Extended Scene with Aberforth
    Yaxley's scene's not good enough quality? Aww.

Yaxley's scene's not good enough quality? Aww.

Yaxley's scene is in a good quality, but it isn't work because is out of context