Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DVD/Blu-ray cover of Deathly Hallows (Part 1+ Part 2) - Director's Cut Fan Made Edition

Comments

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so when will you be 100 percent done with the movie?
  • alexdridhpalexdridhp Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    he still is editing part 1 it's going to take some time........!!!
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh snap.
  • HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

he still is editing part 1 it's going to take some time........!!!

exactly

edited June 2013

Also, in your extended prologue. There's a moment where the track crescendos @ 2:31 after Petunia's sister line. Then it cuts to Ron and it repeats that crescendo in a less intense key. I DO think this works. But there's a jarring little moment @ 2:36 like a second where the music dies as it transitions into your cut. Eliminate that second of music so it goes into the repeat crescendo immediately after. Also, a couple of Ron's line with the radio conversation get completely drowned out by the music. Would loved if you could've included 5 seconds of the Dudley/Harry handshake (ya know the parts where the obnoxious green screen isn't in the way) into that as well.

Hope everything comes out well!

I fixed the audio at the scene of the medallion. You were right, better to put the crescendo during harry's line. I fixed the audio in the transition between Petunia and Ron's house with a total 100% crescendo and I made ​​down and soft the sound during the scene Mr. Weasley's cabin. Regarding the scene of the handshake between Harry e Dudley, let me explain why can I add this scene to the editing:

1. Even if the scene is from the Blu-ray, it is very damaged in terms of grain size of clip
    2. The scene is not set correctly, about screenplay. Harry Melling has been made ugly by the make-up
    3. There are many green-screen that I can not replace.

Right Now I edited 01h and 22min of the movie (Part 1)

work in progress, not completed yet
    you will combine the two parts won't you ???? if you do then i couldn't be more grateful for your effort and your hard work :)

you will combine the two parts won't you ???? if you do then i couldn't be more grateful for your effort and your hard work :)

Yes I will! This is my project right now! A single movie with Part 1 and Part 2 edited together with some delted scene (or deleted shoot) completed by VFX (made by me) e a new CC color. See the previous pages of this topic so you will understand better

• dobby83dobby83 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

The music during the rabbit hunt scene doesn't quite fit, i think. It's ok when they're chasing the rabbit at first, but when they start playing, the music starts sounding a bit off, cuz at first it is quite an enjoyable scene, friendly..at first!. For the tension moments afterwards it would be a bit more suitable. It's not the best track for THAT particular scene.

dobby83 said:

The music during the rabbit hunt scene doesn't quite fit, i think. It's ok when they're chasing the rabbit at first, but when they start playing, the music starts sounding a bit off, cuz at first it is quite an enjoyable scene, friendly..at first!. For the tension moments afterwards it would be a bit more suitable. It's not the best track for THAT particular scene.
    I have not found a track that would fit. and it fits perfectly at the end of the duel. without any cut! If you find a better track, share it with me. The track used is from SnowWhithe and the Huntsman score by James Newton Howard. I know that I chose it because the soundtrack of the movie I really like, especially this track. Among other potter_tracksI do not come up with any that could be adapted to the scene.

Yes I will! This is my project right now! A single movie with Part 1 and Part 2 edited together with some delted scene (or deleted shoot) completed by VFX (made by me) e a new CC color. See the previous pages of this topic so you will understand better

i've been checking this thread for a long time...i just thought that you wanted to make the two parts better without combining them ;)

• Sportsman180Sportsman180 Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Thanks for taking my feedback on the prologue stuff, man!

Dude, I'm in awe of your attention to cut material. Before I watched that clip, I was gonna mention that Harry/Hermione moment in the barn that was cut from one of the trailers, but lo and behold, there it was.

As for the rabbit scene, I have to agree that the music doesn't work. But that's because the scene in general doesn't work. It's a sloppily constructed scene by Yates and crew.

You don't have to take my advice here, since you're making a true extended edition here with every bit of cut material that you can salvage, but I suggest editing the scene down a bit. Awhile back, I made a quick video cutting pieces of that scene out to give it a better (or sometimes not better but just different) tone. You could watch it and maybe get some inspiration. Plus, I could save you a ton of SFX work if you cut out most of the "play duel". But I'm of the opinion that the "running around the tree" part for sure should die a quick death. LOL

Here's that video:

The first version shows the original deleted scene for comparison.
    Version #2 is the same scene just deleted the lame hide and seek behind the tree part.
    Version #3 is the least SFX intensive, since the deleted scene is sans special effects, it's just Ron almost hitting Harry with the spell while hunting the rabbit and showing no remorse or an ice breaking awkward laugh.
    Version #4 (which I don't expect to be the one you put in because it's completely out of character and I just did it for fun to see if it would work) has them not taking the original part as a joke and just straight up dueling each other.

By the way, I'd happily be a beta tester for clips if you want me too, I've spent an expansive amount of time looking up deleted material and complaining about never getting true director's cuts of the Yates films, so with someone finally with the technicality and passion for this film to take it up, I want to help in any way possible.

o see if it would work) has them not taking the original part as a joke and just straight up dueling each other.

By the way, I'd happily be a beta tester for clips if you want me too, I've spent an expansive amount of time looking up deleted material and complaining about never getting true director's cuts of the Yates films, so with someone finally with the technicality and passion for this film to take it up, I want to help in any way possible.

I'm downloading the clip so I can see all your changes. In the meantime, I would appreciate your advice, you have a facebook account or skype to speak better?

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about something else that can go into that journey montage!

There were two immense shots in one of the first trailers (I'm sure you can find that trailer in Quicktime 1080p HD somewhere) that got cut of the trio on the run. I imagine they could possibly fit in snugly right before the bridge shot (I don't remember how long they last and maybe they'll have to be slowed down to 85% or so to make an impact?)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MuBDHKim5VI/TP6TfALctbI/AAAAAAAADdg/dWDY2ZuFKtM/s1600/Landscape+3.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MuBDHKim5VI/TP6Tfy8iEMI/AAAAAAAADdo/jVqwGd5Zbs0/s1600/Landscape+4.png

Also, for the Grimmauld Place scenes, there was a cut deleted scene of the trio looking out the windows and seeing Death Eaters outside. The Death Eaters shot made the very first trailer. You probably can't use it for anything, since it's like a half second long, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention just in case.

http://i.imgur.com/vB4EnUB.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JqagZzx.jpg

Just emailed you at your [email protected] email address. We can correspond on that right?
    @Sportsman180: Before starting the editing of the two films, I chose all the shots cut from the trailers, including shots recommended by you. I'm going to use the shots of the trio on the road, before they arrive at the home of Xeno Lovegood, but most likely will not be adaptable because they are too short. I'll try. The shot of the Death Eaters out from Grimmould Place I can not use because it is low quality, and then it is not suitable because you will notice that there isn't any scene to connect with it.
    Yeah, if those tracking shots with the immense landscape are too short for the Lovegood scene, you could probably at least slow the one down (the one of the trio walking on the mountain) since that's a fairly static shot to about 85% and you could put it before the bridge shot in the trio montage.

The other shot I understand, since it's a shot where the camera goes zooming over their heads and there's not enough material, nor rhyme or reason to put it in.
    Tell me about this!XD
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    The After shot is stunning.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the lighting in the background.
    Video show you in a better way, the variants of the shot
    Love the sunset, desaturated shot.... so beautiful.
    If I had to choose just me, I would prefer the desaturated Nightfall, becaouse in the movie there are no sequenza can show the trio's journey during the night. Anyway, I want more comments, thank you! Most likely the nightfall is too drastic change
    Have your say! No split between Part 1 and Part 2! Do you like the editing?

Very nice transition, though it seemed a bit fast. I guess it is because I am so used to the prolonged floating clouds before the dementors. It is nice though.
    I think so. The first time I had done this part, I left the wb logo and the DHP2 logo.
    Is there a few more seconds of the clouds you can keep in HogwartSite? It does seem a bit too fast.
    i think you should put the scene where harry is kneeling above dobby's grave right before the trio and griphook leave for gringotts (harry's wearing the same clothes so it makes more sense...i think you add the scene with luna too) . why don't you try to replace that part with a shot of shell cottage.....you know.....the one from the teaser trailer ??? you could shorten the soundtrack too !!!!!!

Just my thoughts :D if you can't do these then it's ok

i think you should put the scene where harry is kneeling above dobby's grave right before the trio and griphook leave for gringotts (harry's wearing the same clothes so it makes more sense...i think you add the scene with luna too) . why don't you try to replace that part with a shot of shell cottage.....you know.....the one from the teaser trailer ??? you could shorten the soundtrack too !!!!!!

Just my thoughts :D if you can't do these then it's ok

He should pretty much leave that part as it is, he'd have to replace a ton of the soundtrack by switching stuff around.

I like alexdridhp's idea. Except for putting that shot of Harry at the grave put this

then switch to inside the cottage.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    I know im gonna be hanged for this but my suggestion would be after the use of the Elder Wand cut back to the shot above. That opening for Part 2 was created just for that half of the movie and the continuity would flow great.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    If I had shots completely without soundtrack, I could do something. I will try to do something different.

Is there a few more seconds of the clouds you can keep in HogwartSite? It does seem a bit too fast.

Sadly, I Can't because otherwise we see the logo of the warner bros.

If I had shots completely without soundtrack, I could do something. I will try to do something different.

Sadly, I Can't because otherwise we see the logo of the warner bros.

Personally, I like it the way it already is and the way it was intended by the filmmakers. If you try to switch too much around, you're changing 5-10 minutes of soundtrack, which is a ton of unnecessary work. Commit your time to other areas of necessity, in my opinion.

As for the clouds thing, that's totally fine then. It works well as is.
    Probably, I'll do like in the first attempt! This time, I will remove the wb logo, but I keep the deathly hallows part 2's logo! Unfortunately, I see no other solutions. Unfortunately the soundtrack can't be totally eliminated!
    @Hogwartsite Do you necessarily have to use that scene?
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

@Hogwartsite Do you necessarily have to use that scene?

What scene? Snape's one?

Yeah that one. It would flow if you just cut back to shell cottage.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

Yeah that one. It would flow if you just cut back to shell cottage.

I'll try, but I wan't deleted that scene, it's iconic. Maybe I'll put that scene in a different place. I assure you nothing!

Lol okay.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Probably, I'll do like in the first attempt! This time, I will remove the wb logo, but I keep the deathly hallows part 2's logo! Unfortunately, I see no other solutions. Unfortunately the soundtrack can't be totally eliminated!

No, no, no. I didn't meant to confuse you, I like it the way it is now! I feel like the logo is unnecessary. Unless you feel it should go in, I'm fine with it as is, for sure.

I was talking about cutting stuff and replacing it in different order like moving the Part 2 Harry at Dobby's grave scene to Part 1, which I don't think it is a good idea as it will give you a ton of unnecessary extra work soundtrack wise. Also, I really do not want you to cut Snape's scene out. If not for that, his first appearance since Malfoy's Manor is halfway through the second film. I like it the way it is.

I like it the way it is.

Only you like this solution, maybe!XD

I like it the way it is.

Only you like this solution, maybe!XD
    edited June 2013
    @Sportsman180:

Only you like this solution, maybe!XD I'm not sure about it! It's too fast
    I was thinking like this.

Can you isolate the soundtrack?
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    it's pretty nice !!!!!! well you know in my opinion dobby's death should take place at night time like in the book not early in the morning !!! if that was the case i would go from dobby's death straight to the elder wand scene !!!! so after the flash i would put snape watching the students and later harry buring dobby...!!!!! the official editing is so messed up
    Isaiah said:

I was thinking like this.

Can you isolate the soundtrack?

Right now, is what I'm doing!
    it really is @alexdridhp . But the key is that shot of Shell cottage IMO.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Isaiah said:

it really is @alexdridhp . But the key is that shot of Shell cottage IMO.

I Can't use that shots. It isn't edited, and it's in a low quality!

oh i thought it was on the blu ray for hbp
    Photobucket

Photobucket