Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DVD/Blu-ray cover of Deathly Hallows (Part 1+ Part 2) - Director's Cut Fan Made Edition

Comments

• dobby83dobby83 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

I think we should see the scene rendered with that effect and judge upon that..it's hard to tell with an image.

• HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭
    I think it's something hard to do, so never mind.
  • Sportsman180Sportsman180 Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Yeah, I think an unexplained fire that none of the characters are reacting to isn't the best use of you or your VFX's guy's time lol.
    All deleted scene from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2 HD 1080p

https://www.files2u.com/fastftp/logonForDownloadFiles.do PIN: 115460
    Holy crap, I'm sorry I bothered you so much about working on the Dudley/Harry scene. The quality is absolutely horrendous.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    @Hogwartsite The PIN doesnt work.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket

All deleted scene from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2 HD 1080p

If you were to do HBP and OOTP as well Hogwarts, would you be able to find those deleted scenes in 1080p? Do you have or know someone who has ripping software for Blu-Ray?

If you were to do HBP and OOTP as well Hogwarts, would you be able to find those deleted scenes in 1080p? Do you have or know someone who has ripping software for Blu-Ray?
    Sorry I have no blu-ray about Hp 6 or Hp 5 and I don't know who have it to extract this scenes
    Isaiah said:

@Hogwartsite The PIN doesnt work.

UPDATE LINK:
    1: GO TO: https://www.files2u.com/fastftp/logonForDownloadFiles.do
    2: tracking: PKABLX6TNSZ22IUB
    3. After put the pin: 115460

Sorry I have no blu-ray about Hp 6 or Hp 5 and I don't know who have it to extract this scenes
    Oh, so you actually have blu-ray ripping capabilities? Harry Potter blu-rays are like 6-7 bucks. I'm not sure about region locking, but I'd happily put in the 10 bucks to buy one off of amazon and send it your way.

Speaking of this scene, I think there's a behind the shoulder shot of Voldy as he's casting the killing curse at Harry that was cut from one of the first trailers. I'm not sure if you'll need it or anything, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Speaking of this scene, I think there's a behind the shoulder shot of Voldy as he's casting the killing curse at Harry that was cut from one of the first trailers. I'm not sure if you'll need it or anything, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.
    Thanks but I know all the deleted schot man XD I hope so!

Okay, HogwartSite, I painfully jumped through a thousand hoops in the last week, but I've acquire the deleted scenes for Half Blood Prince in super HD m2ts format. I will have Order of the Phoenix and Goblet of Fire hopefully soon. Will you please do the extended editions?
    PLZZZ!! I really want a HBP extended edition!! :)

I've acquired OOTP, GOF, and POA's deleted scenes in HD as well! What a pain in the ass it was to get them.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    HBP would be a pain in the ass to fit the deleted scenes into. Especially the whole In Noctem montage and the "I am with you" line, it will be super hard to get them to fit properly with the rest of the sequence.
    imageimageimage
    edited July 2013
    I made a HBP extended edition awhile back, I lost in when I lost my hard drive when my computer crashed, and it was only in dvd format. But I don't remember it as being particularly hard.

The Harry/Hermione conversation post-Burrow attack fit seamlessly into the scene, all you had to do was place it right at the cut. As did the Harry/Hermione common room scene right after Slughorn shutting the door window on Harry.

The Harry/Ron/Hermione vanishing cabinet discussion scene fit seamlessly into the film as well right before Harry and Dumbledore's apparation to the cave.

The first Harry/Dumbledore cave scene needs to have the lighting darkened to fit with the actual scene and maybe a bit of soundtrack work, but it's a straight cut from the theatrical scene.

I omitted the second Harry/Dumbledore (I'm with you) scene, because it messed up the mood between the firestorm and In Noctem (this needed a bit of soundtrack work but every shot in the film is in In Noctem, so you only have to move a shot or two around (I think Draco with the Vanishing Cabinet is the main one), to make it work.

The Harry/Ginny common room shot fits right in after the broken Great Hall windows shot.

And the Harry/Hermione final scene is throwaway. You can put it in or not. Not really matters.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    ABC Family's version did it very well with the extended version. Love that version.
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    I thought they did a great job too. If you haven't seen their version and have ABC Family, it'll be on this Thursday (the 18th) starting at 7:30, check it out if you can :)
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    At 90% I do not think I will make these edition. I want to download the abc version. Anywan knows torrent for the abc edition?
    No? You can do it HogwartSite! You're better than the horrible ABC family editions.

No? You can do it HogwartSite! You're better than the horrible ABC family editions.

I want see them wo judge better. Otherwise the making trailer production starts in August. A French society will help me with it.

edited July 2013

I want see them wo judge better. Otherwise the making trailer production starts in August. A French society will help me with it.

Whatever you find of the ABC versions is most likely going to be in standard definition, which is the opposite of your main appeal for your versions: high quality video along with high quality film work. Please, if you get a day or two towards the end of summer, consider it, because I think you could do it (HBP and OOTP I mean) in like 6 hours.

edited July 2013
    No HP. my short film project:
    Daniel Radcliffe will come in Italy in September to promote "Kill Your Darling". Maybe, and say again Maybe, I can be here to interview him. I would only ask questions about Harry Potter, it would seem disrespectful towards him, but I want ask about two deleted scene: the different voldemort' death and the scene about lily's letter at Grimmauld Place. ^ You agree? Do you want to ask him other things?

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should ask him questions on Kill Your Darlings.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Yes, sure, but If i have the opportunity..i want ask this!

Snape's Worst Memory with Lily!

Print out this photo and find out what he knows!

Lord Stafford.

Yes, sure, but If i have the opportunity..i want ask this!

Ask him about the "Hagrid's Thesdrals class" scene from OOTP that suposedly was filmed.

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    im sure he's not going to answer those questions...hes gonna say"oh I dont remember its been a long time and Ive filmed so many scenes since then"

lool something like that
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

im sure he's not going to answer those questions...hes gonna say"oh I dont remember its been a long time and Ive filmed so many scenes since then"

lool something like that

I intend to show him the pictures from the last movie, so he can remember.

A small step forward with the project, and other things XD
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Samch92 said:

lool something like that

I intend to show him the pictures from the last movie, so he can remember.

To be completely honest you're probably going to annoy him lol
    Guys....I'm still stopped with the project because I'm waiting the guys who make vfx, to complete them. Meanwhile II decided to redo from scratch the covers for the DVD and Blu-ray, because I've seen that printing it does not have a good resolution. I take this opportunity to collgaborare with this deviantart user: http://lifeendsnow.deviantart.com/gallery/ to get an even better result. Do you have any special requirements, if we find the right images?

I'm currently struggling with the back cover - do not worry, there will be an English version that you can print, if you like.

new themed Character Poster:
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    I love it! Very nice!

Guys....I'm still stopped with the project because I'm waiting the guys who make vfx, to complete them. Meanwhile

You could always do HBP extended in your downtime....
    Ready to September - ready to meet Daniel Radcliffe...can't wait
  • LevskiLevski Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    I have an idea, HogwartSite, which can prove very helpful. I was always disappointed with a fact how they introduced two-way mirror in "Deathly Hallows Part One". They have only showed us how Harry put this mirror in his bag at the start of the film - and that's all, we don't even know what it is and how/when/from who he received that. I think the best way to change this is to cut this moment from the beginning, when Harry at the Privet Drive 4, in his bedroom, takes two-way mirror and looks at it, and paste it to the scene at Grimmauld Place 12 where Harry is exploring Sirius' room. I tried that at my own (I've also changed a colours a little bit so that would fit well in this scene) and I was satisfied with my result. I recommend you to do it. Then it looks like he would find mirror which belonged to Sirius. :)
    Levski said:

I have an idea, HogwartSite, which can prove very helpful. I was always disappointed with a fact how they introduced two-way mirror in "Deathly Hallows Part One". They have only showed us how Harry put this mirror in his bag at the start of the film - and that's all, we don't even know what it is and how/when/from who he received that. I think the best way to change this is to cut this moment from the beginning, when Harry at the Privet Drive 4, in his bedroom, takes two-way mirror and looks at it, and paste it to the scene at Grimmauld Place 12 where Harry is exploring Sirius' room. I tried that at my own (I've also changed a colours a little bit so that would fit well in this scene) and I was satisfied with my result. I recommend you to do it. Then it looks like he would find mirror which belonged to Sirius. :)

show your edited version....looks like a cute idea

It's not perfect clip because I'm not a professional but I think it will help you to imagine how to do that:

What is more, I also edited other scenes from DH by adding some deleted bits and scenes from Behind the Scenes. For example: Exodus, Voldemort's speech, opening and this moment with new minister of magic & Hogwart's Express (as you can see, I've added here Snape's scene from the start of DH part II and deleted scene with Yaxley at Granger's home). You can see them all below:

• phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod
    I love how you added the Dudley/Harry handshake back in, it was a simple but meaningful moment between them and I wish they could have left it in the movie.
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    There is also my version of The Prince's Tale. As you can see I've added some scenes from GoF and OotP which I had considered useful. Originally there was a bit of Prophecy from PoA but I replaced that with a Prophecy from OotP - now it has more sense than earlier.

Update Hogwartsite?
    edited September 2013
    No big update. My VFX designer is busy to complete the deleted scene...Guys now that HP returns in our life...we can take much time to do it...wait but with result. I promise that! Anyway a little update: The french guys who are making the trailer for the extended edition send me a little preview:

• I really believe you could put the scene with Dudley and Harry if you really tried.
    Like if you really put it together in your head and edit the music and footage and possible VFX (like duplicating the houses of private drive or something) and blended the color right with the rest of the film, you could probably do it. I know you can. If you were able to add VFX in the scene in Part 2 with Neville and Seamus and the bridge, I'm almost certain you'd be able to put together the scene with Dudley and Harry if you really put your mind to it. I have great confidence in your editing skills
    and so far everything looks great. I think that without the scene with Dudley and Harry, this extended version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be awesome and great, but with the scene with Dudley and Harry, it would be exceptionally outstanding. Everyone would appreciate you more if you did it. I know I would! I love how things look so far, it's looking great and I am really looking forward to seeing it when it's finished (hopefully with the scene with Dudley and Harry). By the way, a tip: I don't think you should edit out Alexandre Desplat's music unless absolutely necessary. His music made Part 1 and Part 2 as amazing as it was. But, anyway, I really do hope you reconsider putting the scene with Dudley and Harry in the film. I think it would complete the saga on a great note, and put Mark Day and David Yates in their place. Thank you!