Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

DVD/Blu-ray cover of Deathly Hallows (Part 1+ Part 2) - Director's Cut Fan Made Edition

Comments

• Sportsman180Sportsman180 Posts: 155 ✭✭

Yaxley's scene's not good enough quality? Aww.

Yaxley's scene is in a good quality, but it isn't work because is out of context
    Yeah...I guess. But it's only 20 seconds long and with some decent soundtrack work it could probably fit into the montage that starts with the Death Eaters entering the train and Pius taking over the Ministry. Ah well, you're the bossman here and you know what fits and what doesn't.

By the way HogwartSite, after you're finished, would you also consider doing Half Blood Prince and Order of the Phoenix? Those seem like a less daunting task and VFX-less. Half Blood Prince and Order of the Phoenix got some good deleted scenes that should've made the cut.
  • HogwartSiteHogwartSite Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

By the way HogwartSite, after you're finished, would you also consider doing Half Blood Prince and Order of the Phoenix? Those seem like a less daunting task and VFX-less. Half Blood Prince and Order of the Phoenix got some good deleted scenes that should've made the cut.

I'll think, but I do not know if I have the time. My next project will be the translation in my language, the entire script for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 with information and images of the scenes filmed or only present in the script

• SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    What about Ron and Hermione running down the stairs in DH Part 2, that deleted scene? Is that out?

What about Ron and Hermione running down the stairs in DH Part 2, that deleted scene? Is that out?

I forgot about that, but Yes, that scene was deleted from my edition, because because it would be really difficult to fix the VFX. Nagini VFX is oscar made, I can't replicate it! Afterall, if I add that scene, the sequence with Voldemort's End would be destroyed, and and I can not allow this!
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Amen to that. Was watching a vid where they placed that scene right after Molly and Bella. it worked but it destroyed the cliff jump sequence.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • dobby83dobby83 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    It would be awesome if you could do a HBP extended cut..would you please consider it?? :)

dobby83 said:

It would be awesome if you could do a HBP extended cut..would you please consider it?? :)

I'll think about this idea!

Btw, Hogwartsite, I have no idea the actual quality of the Harry/Dudley scene on the 1080p Blu-ray, but if you remove most of the dialogue and greenscreen, it still kinda works. It's shamefully missing a transition shot or two to completely work. This is my feeble attempt playing around with it:

http://tinypic.com/r/dgtffl/5

Btw, Hogwartsite, I have no idea the actual quality of the Harry/Dudley scene on the 1080p Blu-ray, but if you remove most of the dialogue and greenscreen, it still kinda works. It's shamefully missing a transition shot or two to completely work. This is my feeb le attempt playing around with it:

http://tinypic.com/r/dgtffl/5

I can try but the qualty is
    awful

Eh, don't bother then. Waste of time if the quality's crap.
    edited June 2013
    I'm on break from the project, so I can think about the making of the trailer for this edition. I'm finding the music. I I was thinking about the music of the trailer of The Hobbit, but but I wanted something more personal. I like that:

I can use the part from 0:45min

of course I'll have to look for other tracks.
    After Deathly Hallows Director's cut Edition made by me, This will be my next project!

• PumpkinjuicePumpkinjuice Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extended screenplay? Are you going to include your own ideas?

Extended screenplay? Are you going to include your own ideas?

in this topic harrypotterforum.com/discussion/11729/fan-book-harry-potter-guide-to-the-deleted-scenes#latest we can talk about this project that I've expanded. There will be only the script, maybe some comment by me/us
  • Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    @HogwartsSite You are a pretty awesome dude, and talented. Everyone you've done's quite impressive. While I was messing around and editing, I found a way to add in the yaxley scene at the end of the montage, although the work isn't probably as good of quality as yours, so I won't really bother uploading it or anything. Nice job, and I can't wait!
    image image image

@HogwartsSite You are a pretty awesome dude, and talented. Everyone you've done's quite impressive. While I was messing around and editing, I found a way to add in the yaxley scene at the end of the montage, although the work isn't probably as good of quality as yours, so I won't really bother uploading it or anything. Nice job, and I can't wait!

If there is a way to add that scene, talk about it with us, it could work...maybe
  • phoenix1phoenix1 Posts: 2,293 mod

If there is a way to add that scene, talk about it with us, it could work...maybe

ABC Family added back in, but they didn't do it in the montage...they added it in after they showed Neville on the Hogwarts Express then it went to the Ministry scene, I think it worked quite well there. Don't know if that would work for you, hope the idea helps :)
    photo niffler3b.jpg
    Have you given any more thought to HBP and OOTP extended editions? I certainly would appreciate it.

Have you given any more thought to HBP and OOTP extended editions? I certainly would appreciate it.

I Know, but the the fan book is my next project!

• Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭

The way I did it was this:

I know I changed one tiny thing in the montage, but I don't remember, and I don't think it was that important, but I put it in at the end. The sound of Mundungus apparating moved into the Yaxley opening the door of the Granger's house. I think I shortened it a little, and I kept it without music. Then the Yaxley looked over, and then the sound of hermione and ron playing the piano overlapped the last 2 seconds of the scene, and it moved to that scene. It might sound weird right now, lol, but I think it actually works well as a transition between the heavy montage and the quiet ron and hermione scene.
    image image image

edited June 2013

The way I did it was this:

I know I changed one tiny thing in the montage, but I don't remember, and I don't think it was that important, but I put it in at the end. The sound of Mundungus apparating moved into the Yaxley opening the door of the Granger's house. I think I shortened it a little, and I kept it without music. Then the Yaxley looked over, and then the sound of hermione and ron playing the piano overlapped the last 2 seconds of the scene, and it moved to that scene. It might sound weird right now, lol, but I think it actually works well as a transition between the heavy montage and the quiet ron and hermione scene.
    It isn't such a bad idea. I think this way the scene works.THANKS SO MUCH

Guys......OMG I work with this guys for the VFX and his is so talented...look at this:
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    AWESOME! CAN HE ALSO DO THE PART WITH DUDLEY FOR PART 1 ?!?! :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Samch92 said:

AWESOME! CAN HE ALSO DO THE PART WITH DUDLEY FOR PART 1 ?!?! :D

Already said. The quality of the clip is too low to do anything! Sorry.

:( :( :((
    THAT'S INSANE HOGWARTSITE!!! That looks so good! We need to appeal to WB to give us all the deleted footage from these movies so you and your buddies can make the "director's" cuts!

THAT'S INSANE HOGWARTSITE!!! That looks so good! We need to appeal to WB to give us all the deleted footage from these movies so you and your buddies can make the "director's" cuts!

It would be a dream! But It would be better that the WB incite their VFX artist to do their work on those deleted scene.

It would be a dream! But It would be better that the WB incite their VFX artist to do their work on those deleted scene.
    They're never gonna do shit. We need to get a movement started and call it something lame, like: "Harry Potter Films Restoration Fan Movement" and get them to release all the footage already!

They're never gonna do shit. We need to get a movement started and call it something lame, like: "Harry Potter Films Restoration Fan Movement" and get them to release all the footage already!
    Have a Good ideas XD ahahahah

• PeculiarPlimpyPeculiarPlimpy Posts: 35 ✭✭

Guys......OMG I work with this guys for the VFX and his is so talented...look at this:

The image isn't working! :((
    The project is looking really good so far. Do you have a rough idea of when it'll be finished?
    Can you imagine putting OOTP back together?

The Sirius/Bellatrix duel?

This shot with the order:

That I tried my best with photoshop to look presentable:

The image isn't working! :((
    The project is looking really good so far. Do you have a rough idea of when it'll be finished?
    Look. The Video editing for the movie ends when this guys give me all the deleted scene complete of VFX. After the final cut ends. But ends the italian final cut of the movie, I have to change the audio and it will take a while. After, maybe can i put the movie online!

So you're doing the Italian version first and after the releasing the English Version?
    Samch92 said:

So you're doing the Italian version first and after the releasing the English Version?

No. I made the italian version, after the eng versione..and finally I'll release both in the same time

Great great! cant wait for it :D
    Here a sample of the first draft for the trailer: https://mega.co.nz/#!d9ty3LCI!A_ojBARwifG-zClztJ-7lBEOXo1aFThJziiCr-JmGyY
    Hogwartsite, did you add any of the trailer/tv spot shots deleted for Part 2? I knew you were gonna add the trio walking on the mountain shot in Part 1, but there are quite a few shots in Part 2 (the different angle of the Hogwarts shield falling, the Snatchers running down the mountain, Snape walking to Godric's Hollow) that I think are long enough to put in the film.
    Okay, I have no idea which of these you've put in the film yet, but I'm gonna rank them from easiest to most difficult.

If you add nothing else, this one deserves to be in the film. It's super HD, there's a lull in the score during the scene, it's a solid transition/explanation/establishing/grand shot and there's a second shot a bit closer in another trailer that adds length if needed.

This is the zoom in scene that comes at about the same time with Harry reacting to Voldy reacting to the Hufflepuff cup getting destroyed.

Couple from Snape's memories:

Walking to Godric's Hollow. This one could easily be put in right before the shot of Snape in front of the Potters' house.

You could perhaps put this one in there too right after the shot above, leading into the shot of Snape standing in front of the Potters.

Snatchers running down the mountain.

This would fit right in if you can find it in 1080p and duplicate the sound effect of them running. It fits right in after the first shot of them running to Neville's reaction.

These are alternate shots of the final duel that aren't in the film. Doubt you want to mess with that though.

Btw, the landscape shots from Part 1:

Did you add that to the trio on the run montage? It so needs to be there.

As for this one:

There are actually two version on two different trailers. One is quite slow and cuts off, and the other is a speed shot and zoom in quite fast. I love the shot so much and I'm just not sure but perhaps you could cut and paste them together to make a long enough transition shot? IDK, I just really want it in the film though. lol
    So....

1. I want to put this shot but I dont' tryed to see how this shot fit with the movie. I promise I'll try with it.

2. same thing with this with this shots, but we are less likely
    http://i.imgur.com/NUX2rIg.jpg

3. It will be difficult to adapt these shots for the film, which may ruin the background music sequence.

4. I Know all the version of this two sequence, but I have tried to put in the movie and doesn't work.

5. This are alternative shot incomplete of VFX. We don't need them, The sequence is perfect.

6. This is in the final cut! XD

Okay, these are where I think these shots would go.

Here is the sequence of the first shot of the shield falling:

The first shot would easily go in at 0:44 in the shot between Voldy in front of the shield and the next shot of Harry, but the true position seems to me to be after Harry starts walking and before the shot of the bridge with the shield falling at 0:51, the next bit of soundtrack doesn't really pick up until the bridge shot, so you can copy and patch together the "shield falling" sounds from 0:10 to 0:20 with the soundtrack bit near the end of that scene, which is the very end of the "Chamber of Secrets" #11 track from the soundtrack.

Here's the sequence for the second clip:

As for the second shot, it seems to be in a very quick group of shots as Hermione stabs the cup. It would probably be way too difficult to put in into those shots without massive soundtrack work, but how about at 1:05 of that clip between the Ron/Hermione shot and the Voldy shot? That part in the soundtrack seems quite easily copy-able.

Snape's memories:

For the Snape's Memories sequence, there's another lull in the soundtrack right after Snape's "No one can know", if you can copy that bit of soundtrack, you can easily put those two shots in right before Dumbledore's "That I shall never reveal the best of you?" at 0:12 where it cuts to Snape in front of Godric's Hollow.

As for the Exodus landscape shots, can you show me the best quality/length ones you found?

If you combine them into two quick "traveling" shots, I can't see how they can't work at 0:44 before the burned out trailer park shot, or before or after the bridge shot at 0:56.
    for the shots about trio's journey.... i found all of it. But are to happy for the atmosphere of the sequence and the music would disintegrate.

For the rest I've already done it all.

You put the others in? They all work? Oh man, you're awesome.

If you have the time, can you put the scenes in at 0:44 in a clip and 0:56 and let me look at it? My movie software is crap and I can't do it myself. I think you may be right about the second shot being too "happy" looking, but the first shot looks fairly foreboding and isolated and I can't see how it wouldn't work. It's such a grand, beautiful shot!
    I meant the trio journey in Exodus clips, not ALL the clips. Please and thanks man.
    I took a few hours and tried to fit those shots in the montage with movie maker. I still think the mountain shot works if you put it right before the bridge shot and slow it down to about 85% so it's long enough to make an impact. I couldn't find a long enough shot of the trio by the river to make it work, I agree that the colors of that shot are a bit too "happy".
    Guys I have an idea. Since my friend, it looks very good with VFX, I can ask to him if he has the ability to do this:
    add a fire between Harry and Voldemort in the forbidden Forest. What do you think?
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about that, it may be a little over the top.
    imageimageimage
    chester said:

I don't know about that, it may be a little over the top.

if we can create something realistic, why not? Surely, I will try to get him to change the eye color of lily

• nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the gloomy and and dull colours in that scene, it's simple and fits the mood perfectly. I think adding a fire would ruin the artistic feel of the scene and would be a little unnecessary. But that is just my opinion.