Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Guillermo del Toro to possibly Direct DC Comics' Heaven Sent

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod

First up, the master of whimsical horror, Guillermo del Toro, is going to follow up his monster epic ‘Pacific Rim‘ with ‘Heaven Sent,’ which is said to be his version of ‘The Avengers.’ The film will collect all the magical beings of the DC comics world — Swamp Thing, Deadman, The Spectre, Constantine (!), Zatanna, Zatara and more — into one bonkers movie. The report says that Warner Bros. is still working to clear up the rights to each character.

In an interview with The Huffington Post, Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro seems to have upgraded his “Justice League Dark-style” movie Heaven Sent from something he’s “discussing” with Warner Brothers to “a probability.”

The project, first rumored by Latino Review and said to team up a number of DC Comics’s supernatural characters, including John Constantine, Swamp Thing, The Spectre and The Phantom Stranger, has been the subject of some debate; after elements of the initial report proved false (it was reported in the same article which claimed a second Powers pilot had been cast, filmed and rejected by FX), word was that del Toro had denied any involvement in the supernatural superhero team-up. Later, though, del Toro said that he would love to work on the film and that any denial on his part was regarding involvement with the Will Beall-written Justice League Warners is developing for 2015. He clarified that there had been discussions regarding Heaven Sent.

“It is a probability. But, see, the problem is that a lot of people get a hold of things before they are a reality. Like, for a while, people were talking about the Dr. Strange movie. I said, ‘I’m not involved. At all.’ And then they were talking about another movie and two or three times I had to say, ‘I’m not involved.’ In this case, I hope it happens.”

Certainly, DC Entertainment seems to be lining up John Constantine for something big–his long-running Vertigo Hellblazer series was recently cancelled to make way for a more continuity-friendly New 52 title named after Constantine, the feature film version of the character.

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Ew
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod
    Richard said:

Ew

hahaha why do you say ew? It sounds a bit interesting.
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wants to produce/direct everything. I don't believe anything from this men until he began pre production or filming.
    imageimageimage
    chester said:

He wants to produce/direct everything. I don't believe anything from this men until he began pre production or filming.

Samzies. He whores around with so many different movies hahaha
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He likes to keep busy. What's wrong with that?

Lord Stafford.
    edited November 2012

Lord Stafford.

There's nothing wrong with that, it becomes hard to believe whether or not he will do the job.
    imageimageimage

Lord Stafford.

"When Keepin busy goes wrong..."

chester said:

Lord Stafford.

There's nothing wrong with that, it becomes hard to believe whether or not he will do the job.
    That's because he likes to keep busy.

Lord Stafford.
    I dont like gullermo lol
    It also causes people to be less excited when Del Toro says he gonna do another movie, people start to ask "Oh really, he's gonna do that movie?? In which lifetime?". But nonetheless he is a brilliant director if you ask me.
    imageimageimage
    Richard said:

I dont like gullermo lol

hahaha Why?!?!?! What the Dickens hahaha Sorry I sound rude, I just have never heard anyone say they dont like him before haha
    Exactly. He is a brilliant director.

Lord Stafford.
    I dont like his movie that much so
    Richard said:

I dont like his movie that much so

haha which ones didnt you like? :3
    Hellboy, the orphanage, dobt be afraid of the dark
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Pan 's Labyrinth much? :P Pacific Rim is also going to be awesome.
    imageimageimage
  • Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Richard said:

Hellboy, the orphanage, dobt be afraid of the dark

Hellboy I'll give you. He only produced the orphanage. He didn't direct orphanage or dont be afraid. Go and see Pan's Labyrinth, then tell me you don't like Guillermo.
    image image image