Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Godric's Hollow in DH Part 1 - Images

jonny7003jonny7003 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in General
Here's the ORIGINAL Potter house used in Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone film :

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/File:Harry_potter_23_470x350.jpg

And here's the NEW Potter house used in Deathly Hallows :

http://www.suthburghantiques.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/LavenhamGuildhall..JPG

Why on earth have they decided to change the Potter family house ??? What do you think ???

Comments

• decarusdecarus Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭
    I don't know. I like the old house better anyways. The new one is too big. We will see. Is there even any confirmation that this is THE house that they will use in DH? I am not convinced that i have heard this from a good source.

We have heard from a good source that the are going to use part of the town of Lavenham as part of Godric's hollow. I actually haven't read from a good source that this is the house they are going to use. Do you have a link?
  • jonny7003jonny7003 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭
    Snitchseeker is a good source, but they are not the source. They are quoting other sources and i don't see a source for proof that this house will be Harry's old house. In the text of the source it seems like they are only discussing using the streets of the town to have Harry and Hermione walking through Godric's hollow. I am confused at where this photo of this house came from.
    Is it possible that this is what the house looks like to everyone else before Harry and Hermione get close and see it destroyed? Could this be the way the house is shown to the muggles whereas Harry and Hermione being a wizard and a witch see the house as it has been left after the destruction? I am not sure if my question is making sense.
    You know, i wrote that and it seems way too complicated. I don't know. For me, the least complicated answer is usually the correct one and this seems rather complicated.
    I found a link where it says that the woman said this while talking to the press. I see. HP4U i believe as a source.

http://hp4unews.blogspot.com/2010/03/godrics-hollow-scenes-odd-bit-of-news.html#links
  • jonny7003jonny7003 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I understand your idea completely, decarus. OR, perhaps they're using this new house for interior scenes only ? Because this ''Dream'' person said that they are reshooting the scene where Voldemort kills Harry's parents, which takes place inside the house. So perhaps they'll add the old house to the scene where Harry and Hermione are looking at the rubble, with the special/digital effects later in production ? So we'll see the exterior of the house (using the PS/SS cottage) and the interior of the house (using the New DH house). Does that make sense ?
    Post edited by jonny7003 on
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    And may be the house it's just to figure how it was before Voldemort destroyed it and may be the house will be detroyed by FX
    The film is still in production
    imageimage