Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Evil Dead Remake

RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod

Comments

• IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    This makes me wanna vomit.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,872 mod

because of all the gore, or because it's a remake? lolol
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks dreadful, the charm of the original is gone, I don't really care if Sam and Bruce gave it the seal of approval.
  • Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    This kind of films are like a guilty pleasure of mine, and this one looks like it's taking gore to the extreme
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :))
    RyGuy said:

More because of the gore. less because of the remake.

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm ultra excited for this :P
    I've never watched the original trilogy, this might be the time for me to give them a go

• chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end of the trailer with the girl and her tongue was a bit too gross.
    imageimageimage
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO!!!!!!!
    TREE RAPE! TREE RAPE! TREE RAPE!
    You couldnt pay me enough money to watch this movie, its just...wrong.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    HOLY FUCK that scared the shit out of me!

You couldnt pay me enough money to watch this movie, its just...wrong.

LOL WHY
    The tongue splitting self harm disaster that is this movie is just creepy and just wrong, its more gruesome than the original.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

The tongue splitting self harm disaster that is this movie is just creepy and just wrong, its more gruesome than the original.

lol you just have to go into it knowing its fake and just let yourself go...I think it will end up being fun. Its good it is different than the original, remakes need to have some freedoms to be its own thing in a sense.
    Believe me Ry, i try to let myself go when it comes to movies like this, sometimes i chant "its a visual effect" to myself just convince my brain it isnt real. But it looks so real and this makes my skin crawl.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Believe me Ry, i try to let myself go when it comes to movies like this, sometimes i chant "its a visual effect" to myself just convince my brain it isnt real. But it looks so real and this makes my skin crawl.

Oh lolol well I can separate fact from fiction and I cant wait for this :P hahaha
    lol good for you. Tell me how you like it when you see it.
    Photobucket

Photobucket

lol good for you. Tell me how you like it when you see it.

I definitely will dude! :D

I would watch this movie while eating popcorn :P
    imageimageimage
  • seamusseamus Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    I am sure this will be the best horror of this year >:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    seamus said:

I am sure this will be the best horror of this year >:)

I hope so. There just don't make many good horror movies these days. I also want more good slasher films, like Halloween or Friday the 13th.
    imageimageimage
    I have just watched the first two movies and while I loved the first one, the second one was just plain stupid and bad. But I'm now even more excited for this remake because it's rescuing the themes of the original and putting them into a more serious tone.

Wasn't the second one a remake of the first? They hell looked a lot like each other.
    imageimageimage
    chester said:

Wasn't the second one a remake of the first? They hell looked a lot like each other.

No, it picks up right where the first one left off, but the first 7 minutes are a "recap" with three characters from the first one omitted.
    The second one had some interesting ideas but relied too much on stupidity and tried too hard to be funny. I don't know if I'll bother watching the third one.

10 facts about the movie:

1. THERE IS VERY LITTLE – IF ANY – CGI
    Everything I saw onset backed up claims by Alvarez that there would be no CGI in the film. I didn’t see any green screens and I saw tons of evidence of well executed practical gags. Even if they wind up using a little bit of it in the film, it’s probably just for small stuff like wire removal etc…

2. THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT GETTING AN NC-17
    Per producer Rob Tapert, “I have always been exceedingly concerned about [getting an NC-17]. The woman who guided ‘The Grudge’ through to get a PG-13 assured us that ‘oh no, nothing in this is gonna get you an NC-17.’ I keep bumping up against that self-mutilation thing. And because they swing so much as to what they decide on a weekly basis is an NC-17 or an R or a PG-13, I just don’t know. But FilmDistrict, who bought this…they all said, ‘we want this the hardest R you guys can give us…’”

3. THAT VOMIT IN THE TRAILER IS REAL
    Jane Levy recounts filming it, “At one point I vomit all over somebody. A lot of vomit. Like, a sh*t-ton of fluid. I had a tube practically down my throat, and I’m on top of this girl and vomiting all over her. When you actually do something like that – I don’t think I can actually describe the sensation – but I actually went to the corner and cried. I’m really sensitive. But I felt like I was really drowning my friend Jessica, it felt so bad. I was shaking.” Of course it’s not actual vomit, I just know that some of you were thinking it was a CG effect based on the trailer. It isn’t.

4. YES, IT WILL HAVE THOSE DEMONIC POV SHOTS
    DP Aaron Morgan on working to create the effect, “In the original there’s a lot of stuff where things are careening in and careening out of control. And we wanted to get to that point. So I wanted to start to infer that with our camera movements so there’s a lot of rolling. And there’s a lot of really fast movement through trees.”

5. THEY USED TWO CABINS
    A real one in Woodhill Forest and a more destroyable one on a soundstage.

6. SAM’S CLASSIC MAKES AN APPEARANCE
    A few feet away from the cabin in Woodhill Forest sits a dilapidated recreation of “The Classic” – Sam Raimi’s 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88. It’s rusty, covered in pine needles and moss.

7. THE NECRONOMICON IS NO LONGER CALLED THE NECRONOMICON
    It’s called the “Naturan Demanto” – which is how it is referred to in the recording they listen to in the original film. Three of the books have been made for the production. Due to copyright issues with the original artist, the book has been significantly redesigned. Instead of a dried face, the binding is now assembled with large chunks of stitched-together flesh.

8. THE TRAILER HASN’T SPOILED EVERYTHING
    There’s still so much you haven’t seen. I’m truly excited to see how it plays out onscreen myself.

9. THEY USED 50,000 GALLONS OF BLOOD IN ONE DAY
    Alverez comments “I know we ordered a truck the other day that was… 50,000 gallons? Just for one scene! The violence is over the top. The showdown, that’s right there behind the wall [referring to the storyboards] you can see there is raining blood. So you can imagine that it’s gonna get to quite an outrageous, over the top, chainsaw action, raining blood…it just goes crazy, right.”

10. THE DEADITES LOOK DIFFERENT
    And scarier in my opinion. This film is much darker than the original and it’s designed to scare people who have been watching horror movies for the past 30 years. The revamped approach to the makeup matches that aesthetic. The pronounced jaw and ocular cavities are gone, allowing for a more haunting visage for whomever is unlucky enough to be possessed.
    imageimageimage
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Can't wait to watch this!
    imageimageimage
    A green band trailer was released containing new footage:
    imageimageimage
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's real. And it's a promo.
    The filmmaker tweeted, "Was proud of scoring a NC17 when submitted! But we had to cut stuff out to get an R and get the film into theaters."

That's stupide I want to see the full gore haha :P Hope they will be a Unrated Director's Cut on DVD.
    Samch92 said:

The filmmaker tweeted, "Was proud of scoring a NC17 when submitted! But we had to cut stuff out to get an R and get the film into theaters."

That's stupide I want to see the full gore haha :P Hope they will be a Unrated Director's Cut on DVD.

That's sad..But I am sure I read somewhere they will certainly release unrated DVD/BR...
    No surprise, there is no way that they were gonna release that film if it was NC-17.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    A week early :P
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The complete score was leaked.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,700 mod
    Link
    First look:
  • Mr108jmlMr108jml Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    First reviews (mostly positive) are online . Evil Dead 2 is already in the works.
    http://screenrant.com/evil-dead-movie-reviews-sequel-2013/
    Movie made $26,000,000 in it's opening weekend!
    imageimageimage
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason Edmiston

Lord Stafford.
    Evil Dead is to release on Blu-ray and DVD on July 16th, 2013.

Lord Stafford.

• Commentary featuring stars Jane Levy, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, Director Fede Alvarez and writer Rodo Sayagues (Blu-ray exclusive)
    • "Making Life Difficult" - The Intense and Physically Exhausting Creation of the Film
    • "Being Mia" - The Physical and Psychological Transformation into "Evil Mia"
    • "Directing The Dead" - Director Fede Alvarez re-imagines a cult horror classic
    • "Unleashing The Evil Force" - Exploring the origins and design of the new Book of the Dead (Blu-ray exclusive)
    • "Evil Dead the Reboot" - Cast Rehearsals, Bruce Campbell, Deadites and more! (Blu-ray exclusive)

Lord Stafford.
    I love commentary tracks! Looking forward to getting it