Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

"Star Wars Sequel Trilogy" Official Thread

Comments

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He would of course be perfect, being Starkiller in voice and motion capture.

23,700TH POST!!

Lord Stafford.
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Okay, here enters the asshole: please, no Starkiller. The whole Force Unleashed project was a failure to me, but it's not just about that, but by the fact that the whole prequel saga, involving Episodes I-III + Clone Wars, Force Unleashed and whatever the heck came before Episode IV carries a f*cking stigma of being bad, or at least subpar from everything the originals had. So, I want fresh blood for this new trilogy, no references or characters, nothing linking to the prequels.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    They shouldn't link anything to the six films. They need to make a clean state. Otherwise, it will be just fanservice to the old farts who bashed the prequels, instead of making a new Star Wars for new generations.
    Well, they are bringing back Hamill, Ford and Fisher, and potentially more, even from the prequels.

Lord Stafford.
    I've heard the role he's up for is that of a bad guy, almost certainly a Sith. And it's a major role, one that will continue throughout the whole new trilogy. This part is why he dropped out of Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/09/02/benedict-cumberbatch-rumored-for-star-wars-episode-vii/

Lord Stafford.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Then maybe he is indeed the secret Sith apprentice of Darth Sidious
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I could see that.

Lord Stafford.
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cumberbatch will always be KHAN TO ME
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really like that all the star trek member were offered on Star Wars
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ignore my post below, wish I could edit my posts, but i thought i read somewhere Chris Pine, Quinto and others were offered in Star wars
    nvm nvm lol
    OH HELL TO THE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dammit, this "I'll-do-I-won't-do" is starting to irritate. Give us some news already, J.J.!
    mehh I don't care about the release date I just want them to get it right.
    With the people they have on board, I'm sure they will. Abrams is a big fan of Star Wars.

Lord Stafford.
    I wonder if he will use his signature lens flares?
    Even if he does use the lens flares, I don't expect to care all that much.

Lord Stafford.
    me neither it was just an observation.
    I vaguely remember that they asked Abrams about the lens flares, and he said it was a Star Trek thing.
    cool.
  • darthorcruxdarthorcrux Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    Just give us the fucking title, Jurassic World was such an awesome surprise out of nowhere, now I want to know what the subtitle of this will be.

Lord Stafford.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Haha, funny how you found the site i write and moderate for.

LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • TheDragonKhanTheDragonKhan Posts: 61
    followed a link on imdb
    Wow, so we made it to IMDB/ Lol.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Life complete.

Lord Stafford.
    so do you know anything more about this article @Isaiah ?
    It seems like it was just the teaser from 1976. But hey you never know. We're still looking into it so i'll keep you posted.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    well i figured the teaser bit was a bit far fetched but the other parts seemed to have merit weve been waiting for updates like FOREVER frankly right now im just tired of getting in arguments with conspiracy theorists on other sites insisting a delay (beond 2015) is coming im hoping for an official release date soon to put an end to it
    From what im hearing its gotta be December 2015. After next year the Hobbit trilogy will be done and that would be great time for Star Wars to swoop into the film slate.
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    eh....i dunno both of those titles sound pretty generic oh and im calling this now all this about ford being undecided = "john harrison is not kahn" 2.0
    Star Wars Rebels

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
    Notice the pattern?

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope trailer re-released on October 9th.
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back trailer re-released on October 16th.
    Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi trailer re-released on October 23rd.

October 30th, exactly one year after Disney officially announced their Lucasfilm acquisition.

Star Wars Episode VII announcement, October 30th?

Lord Stafford.
    Maybe :D
    As Episode VII continues pre-production, Lawrence Kasdan and director J.J. Abrams have assumed screenwriting duties for the film. Kasdan, who has been serving as a consultant on the film, is a veteran of several classic Lucasfilm productions, writing the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark and serving as co-screenwriter for The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Acclaimed director and screenwriter Abrams' credits include Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Fringe, and Lost.

"I am very excited about the story we have in place and thrilled to have Larry and J.J. working on the script," states Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. "There are very few people who fundamentally understand the way a Star Wars story works like Larry, and it is nothing short of incredible to have him even more deeply involved in its return to the big screen. J.J. of course is an incredible storyteller in his own right. Michael Arndt has done a terrific job bringing us to this point and we have an amazing filmmaking and design team in place already prepping for production."

Location scouting, production design, casting, and costume design are already underway on Episode VII. A team of gifted artists are working to bring the latest installment of the Star Wars saga, including director of photography Dan Mindel (Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness), production designers Rick Carter (Lincoln, Avatar, Forrest Gump) and Darren Gilford (Oblivion, TRON: Legacy), costume designer Michael Kaplan (Star Trek Into Darkness, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Fight Club),special effects supervisor Chris Corbould (Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception), sound designer Ben Burtt (Lincoln, Wall-E, Star Wars: Episodes I-VI), re-recording mixer Gary Rydstrom (Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, Mission: Impossible -Ghost Protocol), supervising sound editor Matthew Wood (Star Trek Into Darkness, The Master, There Will Be Blood) of Skywalker Sound, and visual effects supervisor Roger Guyett (Star Trek Into Darkness, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith) of Industrial Light & Magic. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, with Tommy Harper (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Jack Ryan, Star Trek Into Darkness) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds) serving as executive producers. John Williams is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII.

Shooting is scheduled to begin Spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios for an expected 2015 release.

Lord Stafford.
    Ford wanted to see the synopsis for his character's development over more than just Episode 7. He saw this in August and is happy with the story arc.

Ford wanted a commitment to Indy 5. He did not get this as there is no plot line or script in place. What did happen was an agreement was made wherein an outline would be developed by the end of calendar year 2014, and if all parties can agree to it moving forward, efforts would be made to move on Indy 5 for release before the end of 2016.

Disney wanted a multi film deal with Ford which transcends Episode 7. This has now been agreed.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=14102

Lord Stafford.