Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

"Star Wars Sequel Trilogy" Official Thread

Comments

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh god zac efron? seriously why on earth would they cast him X(
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could cast him as an ewok!
    imageimageimage
    and god please no furry ewoks either and while im at it no jar jar and no huts please.
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new report about Ryan Gosling meeting with J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm to discuss "Star Wars: Episode VII" has been denied by the stars representatives.

According to the film site Latino Review, Gosling met with the "Star Wars" production team to discuss playing Luke Skywalker's son in the highly anticipated sequel. "This is not true," Gosling's reps wrote in an email to HuffPost Entertainment.

Lord Stafford.
    We already his return was happening, but a confirmation is great to see. Fantastic news!

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer Dave Filoni pulled back the curtain on Lucasfilm's highly anticipated animated series for Star Wars Celebration Europe attendees today, discussing the huge influence of original Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie on the look and feel of the show, and revealing the series' unique logo and select designs.

Filoni talked at length about the use of McQuarrie art as a springboard for the series, showcasing many works from the original trilogy, including landscapes and characters, and detailing how they inform the visual identity of Star Wars Rebels.

For Star Wars Rebels, fans were given their first look at the Ghost, which will be the main character's ship and play a big part in the series, as well as a computer rendering of a very McQuarrie-esque Stormtrooper, the interior of a Star Destroyer, and more. The show's logo, a minimalist yet powerful design, is notable for its orange and black color scheme, which recalls the flight suit colors of Rebel pilots in the original Star Wars trilogy.

While unable to attend in person, Executive Producers Simon Kinberg and Greg Weisman shared their excitement for the series in a video message recorded specifically for Celebration attendees.

The series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. It takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.

Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It is scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, and will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Im so excited for this! I so loved Clone Wars but so sad it ended randomly without a proper ending :( but they're still going to release some episodes so I cant wait
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should put the remaining episodes on the dvds.
    imageimageimage
    chester said:

They should put the remaining episodes on the dvds.

@chester They announced the season 5 DVD and Complete Series but nothing about extra episodes inside :(

Just announced: #StarWarsCelebration is coming to Anaheim, CA on April 16-19, 2015!

— Star Wars (@starwars) July 28, 2013

Lord Stafford.
    Before Star Wars, there was The Star Wars! This is the authorized adaptation of George Lucas’s rough-draft screenplay of what would eventually become a motion picture that would change the world. Annikin Starkiller is the hero...Luke Skywalker is a wizened Jedi general...Han Solo is a big green alien...and the Sith...Well, the Sith are still the bad guys. High adventure and derring-do from longer ago, in a galaxy even further away!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/158576261/The-Star-Wars-Exclusive-Preview

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/08/06/the-star-wars-comic-book-series/2606197/

Lord Stafford.
    Disney has confirmed a Summer 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII.

Lord Stafford.
    Nice! when do you think the date will be?
    A specific date hasn't been announced, but I'd say June/July.

Lord Stafford.
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Disney has three juggernauts in 2015: Avengers 2, Finding Dory and Star Wars VII.

Avengers 2 is due to May 1, and Finding Dory, November, so, in terms of financial profit, I would bet in a slightly advanced date from Stafford, to July-August, mid of the summer season.

Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say mid to late July and maybe early August who knows
    We're certainly not lacking in films to look forward to.

Lord Stafford.
    Could be...could be.
    P.S. @above
    welcome to the forums
    Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi Set To Return For STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?

After playing Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, Ewan McGregor expressed interest in reprising the role for Disney's Episode VII, most likely replacing the late Alec Guinness as the Force ghost version of the Jedi master. Well, it looks like that will be the case. After breaking news of Ian McDiarmid's Emperor Palpatine returning for the 2015 sequel in a similar manner, Latino-Review has learned that McGregor is on board to play Obi-Wan as a Force ghost in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. The actor is also interested in a solo film starring the character, as Disney will be pumping out various stand-alone installments in the coming years. And after Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker replace Sebastian Shaw's in the ending of Return Of The Jedi starting with the 2004 DVD re-release, Latino-Review suggests that his possibly reprising his role from the prequels as well isn't out of the question
    I was just about to post that! :P

Lord Stafford.
  • SoulxxBondSoulxxBond Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    I am happy about this! Ewan McGregor was excellent as Obi-Wan. Excellent decision.
    We had already heard that he was interested, but yes, hearing this is very good. I imagine soon enough we'll hear about Samuel L. Jackson returning.

Lord Stafford.
  • HessHess Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ewan McGregor was the best thing from the prequels for me.
    edited August 2013
    Harrison Ford Spills "Star Wars" Spoilers For $1,000

Lord Stafford.
    Post edited by Lord Stafford on
    edited August 2013
    J.J. Abrams' STAR WARS EPISODE VII Set For December 2015 Release Date

2015 is an extremely busy year for movies, with high profile releases like The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Batman/Superman the highlights of an extremely busy summer. So, where does Star Wars: Episode VII fit into those crowded few month at the box office? Well, according to Badass Digest, it doesn't! Instead, the studio behind the J.J. Abrams helmed movie is planning on releasing the movie closer to Christmas. "Multiple sources have told me that right now Disney and Lucasfilm have December circled on their calendars, with a mid-month release - the 15th - being most likely. That would take Star Wars out of the crowded summer and, more importantly, give JJ Abrams and company a couple more months to work on a movie that's already running a tighter schedule than most of the other Star Wars films."
    well that's cool
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    And its smart. After the last Hobbit movie comes out in 2014, the winter slate will be clear for another blockbuster. Well, until Avatar 2 comes out.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    This is a smart move. We know Episode VII will make a ton of money and shatter box office records, but releasing it away from the others will help.

Lord Stafford.
    agreed.
    Such an iconic scene...

Lord Stafford.
    ROFL =))
    How do you like them apples? :P

Lord Stafford.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    imageimageimage
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Oh well, another rumor...

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-casting-pettyfer-hurd-wood/

Hurd-Wood could make a nice addition, I don't know so much about Pettyfer. The guy can act, if he is paired with a good director, but he has a bad fame of being egocentric on-set. Don't know if this would help for a franchise.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
    There’s a lot of gossip swirling around that Lucasfilm are about to make a big casting announcement regarding Star Wars VII, and that casting announcement appears to be none-other than Benedict Cumberbatch, most recently seen in director JJ Abrams’ previous movie, ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’.

http://www.filmchronicles.com/benedict-cumberbatch-star-wars-vii/

Lord Stafford.
    He would be an excellent Starkiller
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please please let that be true.
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Joshie said:

He would be an excellent Starkiller

If they want to introduce Starkiller, why not just use Sam Witwer. He already have experience with Star Wars and that character and did voice over for Clone Wars. And I like him in Smallville
    I picture him as a mysterious, dark character, and for that, I think he'd have to be a Sith. Starkiller is a possibility, though I think they'd want someone younger, more athletic, for that.

Lord Stafford.
    I guess Sam Witwer would be alright. He is excellent in Being Human