Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

"Star Wars Sequel Trilogy" Official Thread

Comments

• Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We understand that British actor Chiwetel Ejiofor, who was a very early consideration for a role in the film and who also met with J.J. Abrams this week, will be joining the cast of Episode VII in an as yet undisclosed role.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=14172

Lord Stafford.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    I don't know about that. Still looking into thatstory.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,398 mod
    Star Wars: Episode VII finally has an official release date.

Lucasfilm and Disney revealed today that J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars sequel, the first installment in a new trilogy, will in fact be released in 2015 -- December 18, 2015, to be exact. This comes after much fretting in the press about whether or not the film would be pushed to 2016 on the heels of news about the Episode VII script being overhauled.

Pre-production is said to be in “full-swing.” Shooting is expected to start Spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios.

“We’re very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture,” said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited November 2013
    Saoirse Ronan said that she didn't got the role which she was auditioning for.
  • JoshieJoshie Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not may 2015
    I guess because of the avengers 2 and not enough time for production if they're going to start in spring 2014
    Batman/Superman and The Avengers 2 are releasing in Summer 2015, and as much as I do believe Star Wars Episode VII could, should and would take them both, Disney and Lucasfilm will want a slot of their own to make as much money as possible without interference.

Lord Stafford.

The first behind-the-scenes photo from Star Wars: Episode VII hit Twitter last Thursday, featuring director J.J. Abrams, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, and a certain blue and white astromech droid — who StarWars.com can now confirm will indeed be in the film. But who are the two men standing behind Artoo, looking very protective of the “overweight glob of grease”?

Meet Lee Towersey and Oliver Steeples, Star Wars fans and members of the worldwide R2-D2 Builders Club. They create fully functioning, film-accurate astromech droids like the R2-D2 seen in the photo, and they’re officially part of the Creature Effects team for Star Wars: Episode VII. They didn’t apply for their jobs, but still had what is probably the best reference one could hope for.

“It all started when Kathleen Kennedy toured the R2-D2 Builders area at Celebration Europe this past summer in Germany,” says Steeples, who finished his first R2-D2 in 2007, after 10 years of collecting parts and researching. “She posed for pictures with us, looked at all the droids we’d built and was very complimentary. I mentioned that the R2-D2 Builders in the UK were available if required, as a semi-joke. When I was contacted to work on the film by [executive producer] Jason McGatlin, it was on her recommendation.”

Steeples, from Berkshire, England, and Towersey, from Middlesex, England, are working full-time on Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios (where the Twitter photo was taken), focusing solely on astromech-building — for now. Keeping an astromech droid in working condition throughout the production of a film is a challenge, as it’s filled with gears, lights, and electronics; Steeples and Towersey were chosen because of their expertise and experience, both having worked on Star Wars­-themed commercials for the UK appliances megastore Curry’s. “We know the pressures of filming, prepping, and being able to assure reliability throughout the shoot,” says Towersey, who built the droid seen in the tweet. “We have a good knowledge of Artoo, with a large stock of parts for reference and drawings, plus we know what is involved throughout the whole building process, as well as potential problems we need to avoid.” Despite their impressive understanding of how to construct an astromech droid and keep it functioning, Steeples and Towersey still have a goal for Star Wars: Episode VII: to build a better R2-D2.

“What we do need to do is improve on the mechanics,” says Towersey. “We’re currently in a research and design phase where we’re looking at drive options for reliability on all possible terrains, whether it be a one-motor-does-all, or a system which is easily adjusted depending on terrain. We have a few mocked up ideas which we hope to road test very soon.” And while they’re now on the inside of Star Wars moviemaking, the two remain fans at heart.

“It’s fascinating to see the whole process of filmmaking as Star Wars: Episode VII grows around us,” says Towersey. “I feel very privileged to be in the working environment I’m in at the moment. It’s something I will never take for granted.”

“It’s a dream come true,” adds Steeples, “and I hope I can live up to the expectations of the thousands of R2-D2 Builders around the world, let alone the millions of Star Wars fans.”

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2013/11/19/r2-d2-is-in-star-wars-episode-7-and-hes-fan-made/

Lord Stafford.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Avengers 2 and Star Wars Episode 7 in one year. I suspect Disney fully knows it's going to be their most profitable year of all time by a landslide.
    imageimageimage
    "A full-scale 1:1 Millennium Falcon has been built as well as the interiors of the ship for filming," they explained. "The Falcon is done - inside and out. The sets were built off-site, ready to move when Lucasfilm/Bad Robot were ready to move into Pinewood."

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-rumour-millennium-falcon-already-built-210600787.html

Lord Stafford.
  • PatricierPatricier Posts: 253 ✭✭
    I would appreciate feedback on the following audition that i did for Episode VII:
  • KranenKranen Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you're special. Like Adam.
  • TheDoctorTheDoctor Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juanito said:

YAY STAR WARS DISCUSSIONS i hate theforce.net bunch of pretentious assclowns they actually BANNED a guy for boasting about a hateful tweet he sent to a blogger who lied about star wars news im like its a tweet for fucks sake discuss here dont go there

new favorite post
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Todd you fucking fucker why don't you shoot a little kid again instead of try out for Star Wars
    imageimageimage
  • NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :-? who is Todd? im confused?
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=92787

If that rumor is true, I'm not really a fan of the decision..
    Post edited by Jason on
  • JasonJason Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick said:

:-? who is Todd? im confused?

Jesse Plemons plays Todd in Breaking Bad.
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they really need to have another film that serves as a sendoff to the original trio? I'd much prefer them in a supporting role than have these 50/60 year olds as the main stars of the film.
    edited January 2014
    That's why I'm worried about this trilogy. Lucas wanted to pass Star Wars to a new generation of filmmakers, but the old farts of the old trilogy are taking care of this to make it to film like the 70's again. Why can't they show a new story years after the end of the Empire? Why can't Michael Giacchino do the score (especially since people considered him the new John Williams)?

What's the need of a Boba Fett spinoff (when the new trilogy already showed what was the purpose of him becoming into a stormtrooper, and the old trilogy showed that he died)? Everything so far looks like pure fanservice to the old farts who overrated the old trilogy and bashed the new one because they're still living in the 70's.
    aaron said:

Todd you fucking fucker why don't you shoot a little kid again instead of try out for Star Wars

• NickNick Posts: 20,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :))
  • BrianBrian Posts: 171 mod
    I feel like Harrison and Mark are playing by the rules and being coy, and Carrie has no fucks to give and just shares whatever.
    Gary Oldman being in this would make me even more excited than I already am.

Lord Stafford.
  • fawke83fawke83 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    And what a PIMP, he don't go looking for the job, they go looking for him, hhauhuahuahuauhahua.

But honestly, hope it happens, even if he is hesitant to come on board.
    Quaalude fight: because drunk fight is too mainstream.
    Seems that the bonus episode of Star Wars The Clone Wars is back this Saturday

This trailer is in German tho

YES! THE SHOW IS BACK! missed it alot
    Is it going to be on cartoon network on saturday mornings again?
    Hope so! I missed it too! One of my favorite animated show :D
    Netflix will stream the sixth and final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars starting March 7. As per the usual Netflix policy, all 13 episodes will be available on that date.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay so the previous five seasons will be on there? That calls for a all-day marathon on that day THEN the last season
    No worries someone will upload the episodes online on a TV show website

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Lord Stafford.
    Lord Stafford.
    Disney and Lucasfilm has announced that principal photography on J.J. Abrams' Star Wars Episode VII will commence in May at London's historic Pinewood Studios. Disney president Bob Iger said "Star Wars Episode VII will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, and will feature very familiar faces along with trio of young leads."

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.

Lord Stafford.