Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Weird things you do with Film Score?

Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
I thought this could get interesting... Lemme start-

1. 'Imagine the Fire' is my perfect shower song. There's the intensity at the beginning as I wash my hair, then 2 minutes of philosophy time before an epic mantra begins where I wash my body. Followed by more philosophy time till I get out.

2. I listen to pieces from TDK, TDKR, and Inception EVERY DAY while imagining scenes to the book I'm writing. I play scenes in my head over and over.

3. Lament a girl I never could have. These pieces of music empower me to use this as motivation.

4. Create threads! I'm listening to 'Rise' as we speak.

What about you guys?
"If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Comments

• Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,404 mod
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Its the same with me. I use TDKR and the Resident Evil: Afterlife and Retribution soundtracks.

This track right here just gets my creative juices flowing. Just listen.

LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    I work out with TDKR score and I stop tipl the cd ends so that is how long my workouts are. I also drive with different scores too and I recently started working out with the score LOTR 3 which is amazing music from Howard Shore.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    Gotta try that. listening to Risen from Darkness right now. Cant stop bouncing my head.
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some edits of the DH scores adding loud choir from Desplat's sheet scores using Kontakt Library Choir.
  • PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the same thing when writing my novel. I've use all of the soundtracks I've collected over the years and make notes of future scenes that I could use them in for inspiration. I've got character themes worked out entirely (for example, my protagonist's theme is the Gravel Road theme from The Village, the villain's is Dream is Collapsing, etc.). I'm so glad I'm not the only person that does this. :'D
    imageimage
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phineas said:

I do the same thing when writing my novel. I've use all of the soundtracks I've collected over the years and make notes of future scenes that I could use them in for inspiration. I've got character themes worked out entirely (for example, my protagonist's theme is the Gravel Road theme from The Village, the villain's is Dream is Collapsing, etc.). I'm so glad I'm not the only person that does this. :'D

Me and you are one in the same... Ironically enough both of those themes have place in my story!
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• PhineasPhineas Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually have a recurring theme for each of the books themselves, seeing as they're named after objects in the story.

Book One: Mermaids from On Stranger Tides
    Book Two: The Great Eatlon from Lady in the Water
    Book Three: Airbender Suite from The Last Airbender
    Book Four: Gotham's Reckoning/The Fire Rises from Guess The Fuck What.
    imageimage