Home Movies
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Which fall movie are you most looking forward to?

aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
edited August 2012 in Movies
As we're entering the fall/winter (and awards) movie season, I just thought it would be interesting to see which late-year release you guys are most looking forward to.
imageimageimage

Which fall movie are you most looking forward to? 43 votes

The Master
0%
Cloud Atlas
0%
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
6%
TubbyToastKranenhermionefan1267 3 votes
Life of Pi
0%
Skyfall
9%
chestersilverarrowgriffinJordyMartin1 4 votes
Lincoln
6%
MattCatXDMorsmordreXDLiz 3 votes
Django Unchained
9%
RyGuySir_Cadogangrable424chip_985 4 votes
Les Miserables
13%
Potter4everXWingardium_LeviosaXDarth LedgerLord_DarkeyesMacPottergoose 6 votes
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
44%
HessBraveheartWeasleytheKingGodricGryffindorLord StaffordaaronNickTheDoctorAshJasonCarneWolf_PotteryonythemoonyIsaiahSamch92AllStar87Abhisheknick_hansenSoulxxBond 19 votes
Other
9%
[Deleted User]mattStrelowPotter35Anthony 4 votes

Comments

• HessHess Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I love polls, but this is a tough one...
  • Other
    Anna Karenina/Life of Pi
  • Darth LedgerDarth Ledger Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Les Miserables
    The Possession
    Anna Karenina
    Paranormal Activity 4
    The Hobbit
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

Les Miserables
    Breaking Dawn 2
    "If you make yourself more than just a man... If you devote yourself to an ideal... You become something else entirely- A Legend."

• aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Sorry by the way guys, I was fully ready to include Anna Karenina and others on the list, but it only goes up to 10 options. :(
    imageimageimage
  • AnthonyAnthony Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Other
    I agree about premium rush, to be honest the rest of the movies coming out just dont really interest me a lot.
  • RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    None really :S
  • Samch92Samch92 Posts: 6,404 mod
    Also i can't wait for Taken 2! :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Taken 2 should be good.
    Other
    @Sir_Cadogan Um yeah, me too :-\"
    Other
    I just like JGL lol
    Other
    Now that I actually read the storyline it sounds terrible lol
    Les Miserables
    Fuck! I forgot about Les Mis, the one I'm most looking forward to lol

my 2nd place goes to The Master.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 3,342 mod
    The Hobbit/Resident Evil: Retribution
    LoyalWeasley18 - POTTERMORE EARLY MEMBER -CRIMSONICE199-
    Photobucket

Photobucket
  • TubbyToastTubbyToast Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
    Twihardddd
  • chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyfall
    Skyfall, Perks of being a wallflower and les misérables.
    imageimageimage
  • MattCatMattCat Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    Lincoln
    Lincoln

My faith in the Hobbit has dwindled considerably
  • JordyJordy Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Skyfall
    Skyfall, followed by the hobbit.
  • Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Les Miserables
    Wallflower and Hobbit are very high on my list .
    imageimageimage

• mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Paranormal Activity 4

• RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,837 mod
    Django Unchained
    Django, then Lincoln, then The Master, then Silent Hill Revelation, then Looper then Hobbit for me :3
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Perks of Being a Wallflower, Skyfall, Life of Pi, Les Mis :)

G.G.
    Django Unchained
    @Ryguy Lincoln is gonna be gooood.
    Haha oh he'll yes it will!! Spielberg and Day Lewis?! Not to mention the makeup looks nearly flawless. There's a rumor that a trailer may come next week to three weeks from now :3

I may be a little biased since I am an Illinoisan and live in "the land of Lincoln," but in all honesty who doesn't love him? Haha he's quite possibly the most recognized American President abroad as well :3 The movie is destined for greatness

Okay I gotta ask everyone...am I the only one that thinks Life of Pi looks lame? Lol I wasn't impressed by the trailer tbh :/
    Day Lewis = mandatory.
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beasts of the Southern Wild, Life of Pi, The Hobbit, Django, PA4, Anna Karenina
    RyGuy said:

Okay I gotta ask everyone...am I the only one that thinks Life of Pi looks lame? Lol I wasn't impressed by the trailer tbh :/

Probably because it doesn't star Taylor Lautner and have a soundtrack by Kill Hannah. I'm sure the majority of us will enjoy it.

Life of Pi looks fantastic. It's my second most anticipated right after the Hobbit, I loved the book and the film looks stunning.
    imageimageimage
    Django Unchained
    Ash said:

Beasts of the Southern Wild, Life of Pi, The Hobbit, Django, PA4, Anna Karenina

RyGuy said:

Probably because it doesn't star Taylor Lautner and have a soundtrack by Kill Hannah. I'm sure the majority of us will enjoy it.

It's not that, it just idk it looks like a hodge-podge of so many elements...It doesnt honestly have my intrest peaked but as far as I know, I'm the only one on here feeling this way X_X

Oh I forgot about Anna Karenina! I'm excited for that one haha
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It had to be. Though, if I could pick another, I'd pick Skyfall.

Lord Stafford.
    Django Unchained

Lord Stafford.

I'm gonna go see that one...but I've never seen a James Bond movie in my life lmfao -_-
    RyGuy said:

Lord Stafford.

I'm gonna go see that one...but I've never seen a James Bond movie in my life lmfao -_-
    How? They're almost impossible to miss, since there are so many of them.

Lord Stafford.
  • chip_985chip_985 Posts: 54
    Django Unchained
    Had to go Tarantino. But The Hobbit's a close second for me. Looks like it's a close second for very few other people, though. :) And I can't wait to see what 48 frames per second looks like on a movie as big and pretty as The Hobbit. Will it change cinema as we know it?
  • nick_hansennick_hansen Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought it would be my most anticipated movie but after watching all the production videos and all I'm quite excited for it.
    Django Unchained

I never thought it would be my most anticipated movie but after watching all the production videos and all I'm quite excited for it.

Nick, have you watched any of the 48fps footage? Did you notice any difference in the "feel" of the image, as opposed to the standard 24 frame per second?

Heres a list of the fall movies:

http://screenrant.com/2012-fall-movies-preview-release-dates-trailers/all/1/

After vieweing the list I think the ones I will be seeing/ want to see are:

Finding Nemo 3D ( for sure)
    Resident Evil: Retribution
    Stolen
    House at the end of the street (for sure)
    Perks of being a well flower (for sure)
    Hotel Translyvania (for sure)
    Looper ( for sure)
    Frankenweenie (for sure)
    Taken 2 (for sure)
    Here comes the boom
    Paranormal Activyt 4 (for sure)
    The Big Wedding
    Silent Hill
    Flight (for sure)
    Wreck it ralph (for sure)
    Skyfall (for sure)
    Anna Karenina
    Twilight breaking dawn (for sure)
    Life of Pi
    Rise of the Guardians (for sure)
    The Hobbit (for sure)
    Les Miserables (for sure)
    Django Unchained

I can't remember :S
    chip_985 said:

Nick, have you watched any of the 48fps footage? Did you notice any difference in the "feel" of the image, as opposed to the standard 24 frame per second?

I'm pretty sure they haven't released any 48fps footage yet. :-/
    imageimageimage
    They showed the first footage at Comic Con right?
    To the public, yes.

Lord Stafford.
  • Other
    Damn. I totally forgot we still have a Twilight movie coming out this year. Wait. Does anyone still follow this shit? Wow. Haha
    Django Unchained
    aaron said:

chip_985 said:

I'm pretty sure they haven't released any 48fps footage yet. :-/
    Yeah, I think you're right. The going rumour was they were going to release a 48fps trailer with The Dark Knight Rises in July, but the screening I went to didn't have it (thought this might just be because it was an independent theatre chain but apparently not). I know that a lot of the press at Comic-Con didn't react well to the 48fps, so I'm worried that New Line's gonna baulk when the time comes and they'll just release a converted 24fps version (I read that James Cameron wanted to do Avatar in 30fps but the studio wouldn't let him and, shit, if James Cameron couldn't convince them...). But I really want to see if higher frame rates can still support a cinematic image, or if it'll all just end up looking like Days of Our Lives.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyfall
    Ry, you aren't alone on Life of Pi. I Wasn't all dazzled by the look, more that I was confused as fuck there's a boy and a tiger in the middle of fucking nowhere in the water and played a million situations of how that was possible, distracting me from the rest of the trailer.
    edited August 2012
    There wasn't a trailer released, and the only 48fps footage they've showed was (I believe) to the select few who were at CinemaCon, who had a mostly negative reaction. However, I have full faith in the format and Jackson, who claimed that what they were shown was not a full product, but rather a rough version of the 48fps. He claimed that there was much work to be done and it looked far better now. Anyways, it's supposed to be very jarring, because as James Cameron said, viewing a film in 3D is like looking through a window, and increasing the frame rate is like taking the glass out of that window. (He'll be shooting Avatar 2 and 3 in 60fps, btw.) Anyways, I expect it will take a good 10 or 15 minutes to get used to the format in theaters (they're showing it selectively in December, since audiences will likely be split about it) but with 3D I don't think it will be able to get anymore lifelike. Already, from 2D and 24fps the trailers look astonishing. I fully believe this might be the most fully realized world-building in filmmaking today.
    imageimageimage
    I'm a bit confused with the whole FPS thing. I know what it means but how exactly will 48fps look different to 24fps?
    Django Unchained

I'm a bit confused with the whole FPS thing. I know what it means but how exactly will 48fps look different to 24fps?

48fps will have smoother motion (better for 3D - less ghosting or blurring of the image) than your traditional 24fps image, which, because of how we've been trained to watch things, might result in the 48fps image looking more "video"-like , rather than film. Think the difference between a movie and, say, a sports telecast. It will also have the result of making the image appear sharper, as if it has more resolution. All of which can be jarring, and a lot of people will associate it initially with cheap video production, like soap operas. Of course there's far more to an image than just how motion is perceived. The other thing that really distinguishes a cinematic image (apart from artistic decisions like lighting, production design, etc.) is dynamic range, which (I think) in practice means how wide a spectrum of colours a given camera/film stock can reproduce. And it's clear from the 24fps trailers that The Hobbit's DR is gorgeous. What I want to find out is if 48fps can lift all the technical wizardry of The Hobbit to a new level, or if we won't be able to get past the new look even though it might be, objectively, of a higher quality. So much about cinema is a feeling, and we've been trained to feel that 24fps is right for cinema.
    Makes everything a lot more clear. It's really going to be interesting and exciting to see how it turns out.

Ry, you aren't alone on Life of Pi. I Wasn't all dazzled by the look, more that I was confused as fuck there's a boy and a tiger in the middle of fucking nowhere in the water and played a million situations of how that was possible, distracting me from the rest of the trailer.

Read the book.
    imageimageimage
  • Other
    Is it worth it, Az? I really want to read!
    I think it's a pretty amazing book. :D Definitely much more boring during the first half than the second half, but I think it's worth a read.
    imageimageimage