Home General
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Noah

Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in General
Emma Watson ‏@EmWatson - Very very excited for Noah.

In a film where she will be portraying the character of Ila; we see her as "a young woman who develops a close relationship with Noah’s son, Shem."

Lord Stafford.
Post edited by Richard on

Comments

• SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Your picture isn't showing up, LS.
    Photobucket
  • XWingardium_LeviosaXXWingardium_LeviosaX Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    Picture not showing :(
  • GodricGryffindorGodricGryffindor Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lord StaffordLord Stafford Posts: 27,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Your picture isn't showing up, LS.
    Picture not showing :(

Lord Stafford.

• SarahElizabeth!SarahElizabeth! Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, hahaha.
    Photobucket
    Russell Crowe‏ @russellcrowe

"My kids are flipping out that I'm going to work with Hermione."

Lord Stafford.
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOLY SHIT!
    I wasn't aware of that!
    I feel tremendously stupid right now :P

EMMA working with one of my favorite directors? MULTIPLE ORGASMS

• chesterchester Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow, there will be a read through.

http://twitter.com/EmWatson
    imageimageimage
    Nice. Thanks for the update.

Lord Stafford.
  • Lord_DarkeyesLord_Darkeyes Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Aronofsky will no doubt bring out the best in Emma.
    imageimageimage

I'm sure he will. He certainly brought the best out of Natalie Portman.

Lord Stafford.
    He must have done something right. I'm sure he'll do the same with Emma, though, obviously not as much.

Lord Stafford.
    edited July 2012
    Emma can improve her acting with working with such great directors as Coppola, Aronofsky,... . Every actor can learn something from a great director.
    imageimageimage
    Well, I don't see her getting to the point that she is seen at the same level as Streep, Mirren, Dench, Smith, etc. I think that's the difference I see in Emma and others. I see Emma as someone who just "acts" scared, or whatever. I see "others" as actors, or actresses.

Lord Stafford.
    Well, I don't see her getting to the point that she is seen at the same level as Streep, Mirren, Dench, Smith, etc. I think that's the difference I see in Emma and others. I see Emma as someone who just "acts" scared, or whatever. I see "others" as actors, or actresses.

Lord Stafford.
    You can't compare Emma with those actresses, they have way more experience. Her acting has been mediocre but she improved a little over the past few years. I guess we have to wait to see what the future hold for her. Maybe she will stay mediocre, or maybe she will become a good actress within 10 years. Only time can tell.

imageimageimage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    It was pretty obvious that, from the trio, Emma would be the one to have more opportunities and work with some important directors. I'm glad for her. I'm sure she will develop her acting abilities even more.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Like if it wasn't enough with the 10 years of experience in HP, with world class actors, and playing a character which has been evolving during seven films. And the eight films she has done or she's filming or confirmed to film until now.
    edited July 2012

Lord Stafford.
    You can't compare Emma with those actresses, they have way more experience. Her acting has been mediocre but she improved a little over the past few years. I guess we have to wait to see what the future hold for her. Maybe she will stay mediocre, or maybe she will become a good actress within 10 years. Only time can tell.

Right now, she's average. Nothing more. But, I'm not comparing them. I'm just saying that, once Emma is at their age, I can't see her being on par with them.

Lord Stafford.
    It was pretty obvious that, from the trio, Emma would be the one to have more opportunities and work with some important directors. I'm glad for her. I'm sure she will develop her acting abilities even more.
    ^This. She has star power.
    imageimageimage
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. We all knew after Equas that Dan may spend more time in theater than film, and Rupert isn't that great, so this was bound to happen. She'll improve, she's working with great people.
    Like if it wasn't enough with the 10 years of experience in HP, with world class actors, and playing a character which has been evolving during seven films. And the eight films she has done or she's filming or confirmed to film until now.
    Emma wasn't really playing Hermione. She IS Hermione. Just like Evanna didn't play Luna, Evanna IS Luna.
    imageimageimage
    Then again, Dan may hit his post Potter breakthrough next year with Kill Your Darlings. An indie film about the murder of a gay poet? Seriously, that has Oscars stamped on it :p
    edited July 2012
    Because? Is it because she's a girl, and every director knows that the boys will flock over to whatever film it is, even if it is utter shit? I'm won't say that it is the case, but, I don't see her as being any better than Dan, or even Rupert. In fact, you'd think that Dan would be the "one"

Lord Stafford.
    edited July 2012
    Because? Is it because she's a girl, and every director knows that the boys will flock over to whatever film it is, even if it is utter shit? I'm won't say that it is the case, but, I don't see her as being any better than Dan, or even Rupert. In fact, you'd think that Dan would be the "one"

Lord Stafford.
    There's nothing to do with her being a girl. There are plenty of hot girls over Hollywood. Do you really think that Aronofsky and Coppola would choose her just because she is a girl and because she is pretty? You are like underestimating experienced directors professionalism.

She is talented. Not a great actress, but certainly a good one that can become a great one if she develops her abilities. And directors like these will certainly help.
    edited July 2012
    Then again, Dan may hit his post Potter breakthrough next year with Kill Your Darlings. An indie film about the murder of a gay poet? Seriously, that has Oscars stamped on it :p
    Maybe, Dan's acting in The Woman In Black was decent. Maybe Emma may hit her post Potter breakthrough next year with The Bling Ring. Those directors wouldn't hire Emma if she wasn't capable of decent acting.
    imageimageimage

Lord Stafford.
    There's nothing to do with her being a girl. There are plenty of hot girls over Hollywood. Do you really think that Aronofsky and Coppola would choose her just because she is a girl and because she is pretty? You are like underestimating experienced directors professionalism.

She is talented. Not a great actress, but certainly a good one that can become a great one if she develops her abilities. And directors like these will certainly help.
    I wasn't insinuating anything. I was asking you why. I know of both directors, and I know that they're not incompetent enough to pick someone based on looks.

Lord Stafford.
    Well. I believe that for me, and for these directors, she is certainly best from the trio.
    In terms of acting ability? Oh, I don't think so. But, that's my opinion, and you have yours. That's fine by me.

Lord Stafford.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    I'm sorry, but Emma is not the best actor out of the trio.
    imageimageimage
    To me, it's Dan above the other two. I'm just not sure who's best out of Emma or Rupert. All I know is that Dan and Emma have the biggest future. I'm not so sure about Rupert, unfortunately. This may sound racist, to those who are incredibly sensitive, but, being ginger haired doesn't help. That's why the twins have changed their hair colour back to how it was, to hopefully break into Hollywood. How often have you seen the main star of a major summer blockbuster with ginger hair?

Lord Stafford.
    Emma certainly needs to improve. Her biggest flaw is, indeed, her eyebrow mannerism. Basically, every mannerism compromise an actor: Keira Knightley and her open lips; Andrew Garfield and his head twitch; Kristen Stewart and her short breaths. I hope Coppola or Aronofsky fix that on Emma.
    Thank God we are talking about opinions and not facts.
    I'd agree that Dan is the best. Outside Potter, he's been getting nothing but lead roles, and hopefully he'll continue to do so and improve. He has such a bright future for being mid 20's.
    Emma certainly needs to improve. Her biggest flaw is, indeed, her eyebrow mannerism. Basically, every mannerism compromise an actor: Keira Knightley and her open lips; Andrew Garfield and his head twitch; Kristen Stewart and her short breaths. I hope Coppola or Aronofsky fix that on Emma.
    I thinks it's emotion. She isn't very convincing. Then again, none of the three are. Dan can't cry. Emma is far too emotive, to the point that you don't believe that she believes. Rupert can't raise his voice convincingly. Plus, Dan has his own flawed mannerism. His mouth twitches when he talks. That's the main gripe I have with the trio; they have been at this for over a decade, and yet, they still can't act to the point that you forget they're acting. They're barely above average, if not mediocre. And sure, they're still learning their craft, but that's not good enough. Particularly when you've been at it for as long as they have.

Lord Stafford.
    Idk why I said murder, that's Mah bad :p
    I'd agree that Dan is the best. Outside Potter, he's been getting nothing but lead roles, and hopefully he'll continue to do so and improve. He has such a bright future for being mid 20's.
    Outside of acting ability, I can truly see him being as big as Harrison Ford by the time he's at Ford's age. I'm fairly certain that he'll never reach Harrison's level in terms of acting ability, but that doesn't mean that he'll never be as big.

Lord Stafford.
    Outside of acting ability, I can truly see him being as big as Harrison Ford by the time he's at Ford's age. I'm fairly certain that he'll never reach Harrison's level in terms of acting ability, but that doesn't mean that he'll never be as big.

Lord Stafford.
    Few will ever reach that level. I could totally see Dan getting to DiCaprios level.
    That's a fair bet. Not that I'm gambling, but yeah.

Lord Stafford.
  • aaronaaron Posts: 20,950 mod
    Thank god I don't have to say "in my opinion" before everything I say, as it's obvious that it is my opinion. Emma's performances in POA and GOF were subpar, while her performance in DH1 was quite excellent. She has improved, but I don't think she's as good as the other two, who have improved and shown consistency.

imageimageimage
    Thank god I don't have to say "in my opinion" before everything I say, as it's obvious that it is my opinion. Emma's performances in POA and GOF were subpar, while her performance in DH1 was quite excellent. She has improved, but I don't think she's as good as the other two, who have improved and shown consistency.

So next time, make sure you post your opinion in a reasonable way - like you did now - and not like it is the undeniable truth.
  • UniversHarryPotter.cUniversHarryPotter.c Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭
    Darren reveal pic of the Arche being built
    imageimage
    That looks like a huge set.
    imageimageimage
    Oh, so, they're going down the real ark route. Just like in Evan Almighty. ;)

Lord Stafford.
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Aronofsky has to spend the 150 million dolars budget on something.
    And, that'll be it.

Lord Stafford.
    This is no doubt his largest budget movie. Black Swan was so low, they had to take away Portman's trailer. :p
    imageimageimage

• mattStrelowmattStrelow Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for Black Swan Darren would not have been able to do this project right now.
    They financed it because of BS incredibly high gross for an R movie