Home Movies
Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

Anna Karenina (Directed by Joe Wright; Trailer and Poster revealed)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in Movies

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    This is looking beautiful and stunning. I love Joe Wright's style of filmmaking.
  • AshAsh Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the story and when I saw the trailer earlier I was very impressed. One to watch for sure :)
    I guess this has Oscar potential! I'm only fearing the screenplay, even if it is written by Tom Stoppard. And, although I love Keira, critics are always harsh with her. Can't wait to watch it :D
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 7,837 mod
    Such a lovely trailer! Never read the book but this trailer looks exquisite!
  • yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the trailer. Domnhall Gleeson looks so different from HP, same with Kelly MacDonald.
    edited July 2012
    New poster:

links not working :3
    Is it working now? :D
    Is it working now? :D
    it is! and my goodness...that is a stunning poster! :O
    I loved it too!!
    There was a test-screening in London couple of days ago... Here are some reactions:

Chris Narine ;@thechrisvolta
    Just saw Anna Karenina. Mark your Oscar ballots for Knightley & Macfadyen. A beautiful work of art, & effective story. 5/5
    ---
    Toby Chiz @Tobychiz
    Saw an advanced preview of Anna Karenina tonight - pretty good... Jude law was excellent! #movie
    ---
    Crystal Nunn @doodlefool
    Invited a friend to a preview screening of Anna Karenina #GoodDeed btw the film is AMAZING! Check it out when it's released in September!
    ---
    Joseph Kocharian ;@JosephKocharian
    LOVED Anna Karenina. Really beautiful- now in love with Aaron Jonson...
    Joseph Kocharian ‏@JosephKocharian
    Anna Karenina was AMAZING. Now in love with Arron Johnson!
    @JosephKocharian
    @MichaelFildes test screening! Matthew Mac is amazing, it's really great. Loved it.
    Not sure if I enjoyed Aaron Johnson's performance. The movie appears to be really stylized. It is, indeed, theatrical. Not sure how the critics and the AMPAS are going to react. I believe the reception is going to be divided.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my cup o' tea, but if there's a good reaction to it I may check it out.
  • First TV SPOT. Loved it. It's beautiful

• yonythemoonyyonythemoony Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Soundtrack tracklist and cover:

1. Overture
    2. Clerks
    3. She Is Of The Heavens
    4. Anna Marches Into A Waltz
    5. Beyond The Stage
    6. Kitty’s Debut
    7. Dance With Me
    8. The Girl And The Birch
    9. Unavoidable
    10. Can-Can
    11. I Don’t Want You to Go
    12. Time For Bed
    13. Too Late
    14. Someone Is Watching
    15. Lost In A Maze
    16. Leaving Home, Coming Home
    17. Masha’s Song
    18. A Birthday Present
    19. At The Opera
    20. I Know How To Make You Sleep
    21. Anna’s Last Train
    22. I Understood Something
    23. Curtain
    24. Seriously
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it might not get released in my country :((
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Words cannot describe how much I wanted to love this movie. I didn't :/

Considering to give it a second view though. There are couple of brilliant moments
  • silverarrowgriffinsilverarrowgriffin Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wasn't released here.i read the book when i was 15.wanna see it.i'll look for the dvd :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • NumberEightNumberEight Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Apparently the filmmakers are so stupid they couldn't spell Moscow right in the correct font:

What is Moskvd or Toskvd?

Thank God I bought the book. If this is the level of detail I can expect, I won't waste my time with the movie.
    Pottermore username: DustBlade76

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
  • What is wrong with you? That's an A. And it is spelled right, just an stylized font. Москва

And yeah, go ahead. Judge a movie without seeing it first. I couldn't expect any less from you.
    edited February 2013
    I have heard from two people who speak, read, and write in Russian fluently. They are right and you're wrong. The direct translations are what I posted.

To miss such a detail is to disrespect Tolstoy and the millions who enjoy his work. I wouldn't expect less from fucktard filmmakers.

So Crucify the ego, before it's far too late, to leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
  • Oh yeah, right. So you have an art department from a huge production, with a 4-Time Oscar Nominee Art Director, and a Russian members in the Crew and the Cast, and you think that they would write Moscow in the wrong way? Yeah right.

Your arrogance is so bizarre that it's not even worth the discussion. And before you say anything else:

You're gonna say that Google Maps is wrong also?
    edited February 2013
    I love how you appeal to your filmmaker buddies in their alleged expertise. Keep in mind that the entire film industry is notorious for getting details wrong, no matter how much research is put into something. You know how those doods call in experts on matters and then add in their own bullshit to make it cool, hip, and fun? I am sure all of those working on it did their homework. Except they didn't in this case. They sacrifice detail all the time and I expect nothing else from a film that looks like its only concern was a huge budget to give us spectacle.

As for your Google maps image, if you think "Moskvd" or "Toskvd" is the equivalent to the transliteration "Moskva," you're out of your mind. They didn't use the correct letters. Period. End of story.

• Oh yeah, right. Your ability of trashing movies is out of this planet. Stop underestimating people. Art departments spent months in research and accuracy.

Jesus Christ. Have you ever heard of fonts and art style? No? Do you want me to Google that for you?

Your arrogance and conceit makes me realize this is not even worth a discussion. Have a good one.
    Have they heard of using Cyrillic as well as using the correct letters? They got the former but not the latter. The sign managed the fantastic feat of using the correct script, but who knows how they managed to bungle the correct spelling of "Moscow." I'm sure there are signs all over the place in that city that they could have taken photos of. I guess "research" and "work" are difficult concepts to comprehend.

• RichardRichard Posts: 48,713 mod
    Its not worth it

Move on guys theres a whole world out there
    Richard said:

Its not worth it

To infinity and beyond!

• Richard said:

Its not worth it

I just find his attitude bizarre. He stays weeks out of the forum and suddenly returns to troll a thread and curse filmmakers of a movie he didn't even see. Wow I'm shocked.
    I've been extremely busy with school. That's why I've been absent. I ran across that image days ago while researching translations of the novel and thought I'd comment.

Also, there's no context needed for the photo. Seeing the movie won't make it any less stupid and damaging.