Welcome to Harry Potter Forum! Below you will find many interesting threads and discussions. Enjoy.

HP characters & philosophy

lunasophialunasophia Posts: 1
edited January 2010 in General
I am writing a graduate philosophy paper on self-respect and rather than use characters from classical literature or current events as examples, I have decided to try to use only characters from Harry Potter. Clearly, it will be way more fun to write this way, and hopefully more fun for people to read. Soooo if anyone can help me think of different characters who don't have self-respect I would really appreciate it. People who don't have self-respect can be servile, self-deprecating, ashamed, self-contemptuous, a self-betrayer, or many others.

The most obvious example I can think of is Winky, but I know there have got to be many more. Thanks!

Comments

• keetkeet Posts: 600
    Thats so cool, and Winkys a really good one!
    Maybe Wormtail aswell?
  • horcrux98horcrux98 Posts: 129

yeah winky and wormtail are both good. i thought maybe snape when he was a teenager

• decarusdecarus Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭
    Snape definitely even as an adult. He hides the best of himself from others. He is ashamed and contemptuous of himself.
  • oh , and how about lupin ? he used to be so ashame of himself
    because of his 'illness' , right ?
  • http://tweeter.faxo.com/Harry_Potter_vs_Twilight
  • TomRiddleTomRiddle Posts: 175
    Stop posting that sad poll, katica.
  • why dont you try neville? he is always trying to prove himself to his grama and he feels ashamed that he is not as good as his parents